Breastfeeding Support - 6 months and beyond!

Think I have a blocked duct :(

I made sure Evie has been feeding from this side to help shift it but it still hurts

Can it be sucked out by DH?! I'm sure I've heard that

I think I heard that too.. no experience with it though.

Hope you feel better soon. :flower:

Think I have a blocked duct :(

I made sure Evie has been feeding from this side to help shift it but it still hurts

Can it be sucked out by DH?! I'm sure I've heard that

I think I heard that too.. no experience with it though.

Hope you feel better soon. :flower:

I asked him and he wasn't too keen :haha:

I can't feel a lump or anything it just feels bruised and feels a bit sore when Evie nurses from that side :(

Hello!! Can I join?

My little Sophie is now 9.5 months and still going strong!

She only feeds 4 times a day now though. Early morning, after her first nap, after her second nap and before bed.

She's not a comfort feeder unless she's ill, but I cherish the 4 feeds she has a day! Hoping to go on for a long time, but I think after her birthday she will soon be weaning to just the morning and evening feed :cry:.

Hello!! Can I join?

My little Sophie is now 9.5 months and still going strong!

She only feeds 4 times a day now though. Early morning, after her first nap, after her second nap and before bed.

She's not a comfort feeder unless she's ill, but I cherish the 4 feeds she has a day! Hoping to go on for a long time, but I think after her birthday she will soon be weaning to just the morning and evening feed :cry:.

Hi Lauki ive seen you around the forum :flower:

I remember when Evie got to about 15 months or so i done 'dont offer, dont refuse' which basically is a very very gentle way to wean.. Dont offer the breast but dont refuse if your LO asks ;)

She slowly started to reduce the amount of time a the breast and also how many times she wanted to nurse

Hi everyone.. hope you are all doing well :hug:

I am wondering when any of you got AF? I haven't had it yet, but since LO has dropped his night feeds, I have been feeling more and more hormonal. I keep getting crampy feelings, but then nothing. :shrug: It could just be a sign of ovulation?
Should I start bringing pads/tampons with me just in case? :haha:

Hi canadabear, mine only back a couple of months ago but I think now that it was due to the contraceptive pill rather than breastfeeding as they came back when I stopped the pill (along with my sense of humour :haha:)

I've heard a lot of ladies get AF back when they night wean/cut down feeds so I'd say she's about yo pay you a visit soon!

I got my AF back after 10 months (to the day!) with my first. No sign yet with this one but I have been getting EWCM and am rather hormonal (just for a change!) so I think she might be on her way. If I remember correctly I had a couple of months where I got some EWCM before I actually got AF last time so maybe I've got a while yet.

Can't hurt to have some supplies in the baby change bag just in case!

I haven't had mine yet and Sophie hasn't fed in the night for about 1.5 months now!

To be fair, I don't miss AF one bit :haha:!

I haven't had mine back yet though DD (14 months) is still drinking quite often. It took til 18 months after my first baby, so will wait and see with the second - I am quite happy having no AF and am not keen for its return.

I haven't had mine back yet though DD (14 months) is still drinking quite often. It took til 18 months after my first baby, so will wait and see with the second - I am quite happy having no AF and am not keen for its return.

:haha: I know what you mean.. I am SO not looking forward to it returning.

But I don't want to be caught out without anything. Still nothing, but having cramping and hormonal surges.. :shrug::wacko::thumbup::winkwink::haha:

I am actually feeling really sad at the thought of LO stopping, as he has been reducing the amount at each feed quite a bit over these past few days. It freaked me out a bit.. and I find myself worrying that he is suddenly not taking in enough nutrition.. :dohh: And here he is, above the ninety-eighth percentile for both weight and hight. :haha:
I need to start trusting that he knows what he needs and when he needs it. :kiss:

Hi all :wave: Well, DD will be one in a few weeks and I am still bf. I want to bf until she is 18 months or until she has self weaned, which ever comes first. She has been feeding significantly less lately, maybe 3 to 4 times a day.

Hello :wave:.. congrats on getting to one year.. :happydance:

Though, your post did freak me out a little bit as LO is only feeding a max of 5 times a day now.. usually only 4 time. And sometimes he is only on for a couple minutes. My breasts are so sore and leaking again too.. :cry:
I REALLY don't want him to self wean before a year if possible.. is it possible????

I'm not sure :(!
Sophie never really asks for a feed anymore. I still offer in the morning and before bed and she loves those feeds. Then sometimes during the day before her naps or after. So she has anywhere between 2 and 4 feeds a day! It seems so little!

I'm not sure :(!
Sophie never really asks for a feed anymore. I still offer in the morning and before bed and she loves those feeds. Then sometimes during the day before her naps or after. So she has anywhere between 2 and 4 feeds a day! It seems so little!

I know!! It just feels like SO little, but I try to remind myself that he knows best what he needs and when. I just really am hoping to make it to 18 months at least.. but not sure if he will be up for that. LO is a really good eater though, so he must be getting a lot of nutrition from that. I think he mainly uses BF as comfort and fluids now. But still makes me feel sad at the thought of him possibly self-weaning before I am ready.. :cry: :blush:... sometimes I actually feel like I am pushing it on him...:dohh:

I always think; You can't force a baby/toddler to nurse if they don't want it :). So they might not be asking for it, but they still really love to nurse when they are offered it!

I'm hoping to keep the morning feeds (30 minutes extra snoozing :haha:) and the before bedtime feed (she really needs that one to relax before bedtime) for as long as possible, hopefully 2 years!

I am near 40 months now. I cant say that anywhere but here, I feel like I should be in hiding after the back lash the times mag woman got.

I think you are amazing Dragonfly! Such an inspiration :)!

If Sophie wants to, I'll still be feeding at 40 months I hope!

You're an awesome mum!

Dragonfly that's amazing,nothing to be ashamed of! We're nearly 20months and he is still feedin so much probably upto 15 times a day sometimes it's a full feed other times just a little comfort suck.

Its doing them the world of good it if wasnt I wouldnt bother. William hardly eats so without it he would be very ill. He looks fab. I love how it keeps their skin, eyes and hair bright. :)

Dragonfly - I think thats so fab!! Are you tandem feeding? I hope to be doing so in a couple of months :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->