Breastfeeding thread.

xSarahM

Two Beautiful Angels
Reaction score
Okay, so im just wondering what everyones plans/opinions are..

- If you're going to breastfeed, how long do you plan on doing it for?
- What are your views on breastfeeding in public?
- How old do you think is too old to breastfeed?

- I plan on breastfeeding exclusively for as long as i can, before i go back to college. When i go back to college i plan to express my breastmilk for them to be fed by bottle. I also plan to breastfeed whenever i'm home, especially during the night (until they start sleeping through.) I think when i start weaning them, they'll stop breastfeeding during the day, but i'll keep expressing for them.

- I think breastfeeding in public is okay. I know it may make other people uncomfortable, but its natural. I think aslong as you're kind of covered then there shouldnt be a reason to be made to feel uncomfortable.

- I remember watching this TV show about people who breastfed their children who were like quite a bit older than toddlers. There was this one woman who still breastfed her 8 year old. I definitely think thats a bit strange.. I guess IMO 3 is too old to be breastfeeding.

I havent started this thread to cause arguements.

- If you're going to breastfeed, how long do you plan on doing it for? Atleast a year
- What are your views on breastfeeding in public?Dont see why not its natural
- How old do you think is too old to breastfeed? not sure but i think after 2

I wont be breastfeeding, i know alot of people look down on people who dont even try it but thats my decision.
I have no problem with people who breastfeed in public, its not different then feeding from a bottle, if a baby needs feeding you should be able to feed it without worrying about what other people are saying. i think as soon as they get teeth is too old haha! no i joke, erm i think once weaning starts it should be as a supplement to thier diet so for night feeds and morning feeds etc.

x

Charlotte, can i ask why you've chosen not to breastfeed?
I'm not gunna list reasons why you should because im pretty sure you already know them. Formula's not poison.

I plan on breastfeeding/expressing exclusively until LO starts on solids. That'll about coincide with them starting nursery so they'll have expressed milk during the day and still a feed at night if they wake, and I'll just keep up with that until they self wean. If they haven't self weaned by a year old then I'll see how I feel about carrying on expressing but for now I don't know. I wouldn't go over two years though, it's just more than I think I'll be able to cope with.

I think it's fine to do it in public but I don't know yet if I'll have the confidence to. A lot of my friends and family are weird with it which doesn't help.

I don't think there is an upper age limit really it's just a cultural thing. For me, I think BFing past 2 years old would be too much but other people feeding their older children is fine by me. I saw that programme too and the children were normal and happy and tbh probably healthier than many others :shrug:

I did originally say I would only breastfeed for the first 3 days because apparently thats the most important time and then I was going to go on to fomula feed. ATM though I am considering breast feeding until buba get his/her teeth through

I have never seen anyone breastfeed in public. There was a programme on BBC three about it and about how alot of teen mums wont do it. I know you can get those cover things to put over yourself whilst doing it though, I very much doubt I will breastfeed in public, I may have to pack some express milk.

Im not sure about how old is too old :shrug: the oldest iv heard is 13 year's old. which at first I thought was crazy but some people are comfortable with that and it is obv their choice and no one elses

Some people can't breastfeed so I will be giving it a go :)
xx

I planned to breastfeed for a year. And I'm still doing it :thumbup:

I love women who can NIP (nurse in public). I am WAY to insecure to NIP, so I've always pumped and given him a bottle, I just feel very uncomfortable doing it. Just because there's so many people out there that look at breasts as a sexual thing, so I've just never done it! But I have no problem with others NIP.

Ahhhh, 3 :blush: is the oldest I think someone should be breastfed.

-I for some reason plan on breastfeeding for a year, or atleast try to get that far.
-I have no views for public breastfeeding, If I do it I will be covered.
-I think 2 is old enough.

I didnt have a set time on how long i would breastfeed my daughter...i ended up stopping when she was about 11 months (that was the first and last time she bit me)...lol...i dont think there is anything wrong with discreetly feeding in public...i did it with my daughter when nec...but like i said it was discreetly done...not like i plopped down in the middle of everything and whipped it out...lol...i think you should breastfeed until solids are introduced.

1. Until baby decides he's done breastfeeding.
2. Get off my tits. (I'm not worried. If people want to say something, let them. Angry reactions are cathartic.)
3. 27.

:)

- If you're going to breastfeed, how long do you plan on doing it for? Ruby is on expressed breast milk through a tube right now and I plan to breastfeed until she's able to eat solids.
- What are your views on breastfeeding in public? I personally don't have a problem with it but I want to buy a cover type thing for nursing in public.
- How old do you think is too old to breastfeed? when the child can ask for it.

I plan on breastfeeding exclusively if possible, the filling in with foods as baby gets older and is ready to be introduced to them, but still nursing also.

I think breastfeeding in public should be accepted and normal, until a child is maybe 2 or 3, I understand people not wanting to see 6 years olds being bf.

But as far as age, I have no problem with bf for as long as the mother is comfortable doing it, the nutrients are so great for baby. I will probably go until LO is 4 with nighttime feedings but only 2.5 maybe for morning and day time feedings. It will also depend on when we have another baby, and how that affects bf this LO. And if LO wants to be done before that, I wouldn't try to push it on them either.

i plan on breastfeeding for as long as possible i hope to be breastfeeding like Amy for a year +

i dont mind it at all, justin(oh) does not want me to but i told him its up to me i am just gonna play this one by ear cause you never know what could happen.

i think anything over 3 is to old :)

My goal is to breastfeed for a year. If at that time I would like to continue, then I definitely would.

I will breastfeed in public, but I will be modest. I'm not just gonna whip my boob out anytime/anywhere. Although, I have absolutely nothing against those who do.

I would say 3? I'm not really sure. I can't imagine doing it once LO has been talking and walking for thaaaaaat long, but I've never been there so I do not know!

As long as possible! Elena was a preemie, and despite my best efforts, she couldn't latch on. I wasn't given much support from MW so I ended up formula feeding her, which to this day I still feel guilty about. If LO is unable to latch on, I'll express with a pump. No formula this time! My goal is 12 months, but I'll do it for longer if I can.

I probably will breastfeed in public, but I'll be modest at it. I don't see it as any different to a women feeding her LO a bottle.

No older than 3, for sure. I wouldn't give a three yr old a bottle of formula, so I won't be BFing a three yr old.

I plan to do it as long as possible
I don't have any problems doing it in public. I certainly wouldn't 'cover' up.
Once they are properly on solids probably. Definitely school age though.

My goal is a year, I want to exclusively BF for that whole time but if I can't I'll be pumping. If azaria will still BF after that I'll BF longer.
I dont see a problem with it at all. I plan on NIP (love that Amy- I'd never heard it) and I'll cover with a recieving blanket or something, but I'm not shy about my breasts and they aren't being out out their to be sexual so if anyone has something negative to say to me while I'm BF, you can bet you'll hear a rant from me about me slapping them from here to china. :haha:

I personally don't think there is a set "age limit". FOB BF until he was 5. I weaned myself when I was 9 months. I think the child really knows and I'll pump after he's 3, but I'll still let him have the breastmilk if he wants it...

By the way, I love how every single answer is different, even if it's just a little bit! It really shows how many different views there are :flow:

When I had lil I was going to exclusively breastfeed / express up to 8 months which I didn't do I carried on to 10 when I started to introduce formula during the day but still breastfeeding at night which I only intended to do until 1 she is now 15 months old and still going so i honestly think it will depend on the baby and what feels right to us both but I hope to stick to a similar plan to what I have done with Lily because that has worked really well.

I have no problem with breastfeeding in public and have done it myself and I think personally I will not breastfeed past 2 years old not because i necessarily think it is wrong after that age but i just think that, that is as old as i would like to go with my LO's.

I plan to breastfeed for as long as possible. I loooove it :cloud9:
As for NIPing, as far as I'm concerned, baby's hungry, baby gets fed, dont like it, don't look, end of. I'm happy to feed Connor anywhere, in front of anyone. And I love to see women breastfeeding their children too.
As to when they're too old... That depends on the child, the mother, and their situation. Who are we to judge?

:flower:

i planned to brest feed untill she whe didnt want boob anymore...though after i had hollie i suffer pnd and stopped eating so inturn that reduced the amount of milk i produced for her. Then at 6 weeks i fed her we went to sleep and 4 hours later i woke up to no milk i tryed for hours but had to get formula i kept trying for 2 months but it didnt really work :(

i breast fed in public rather alot tbh (towards the end hollie was feeding every 20 mins so during food shoping i would walk down the isle feeding her though id cover up for that) though if i was sat down i didnt cover her up...if they dont like it they can walk around with a towel over their head see how they enjoy it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->