Breastfeeding thread.

- If you're going to breastfeed, how long do you plan on doing it for?
I am hoping to exclusively breastfeed for the first 6 months of my babys life. I would like to continue breastfeeding them once they are on solid foods because it is a fabulous source of nutrition. I will continue this for as long as possible.

- What are your views on breastfeeding in public?
I honestly don't understand why people have a problem with breastfeeding a child in public. They seem to have this ridiculously disgusting idea that breasts are sexual objects which are too private and person to share with a child that you carried in your womb for almost 10 months and then pushed out of your vagina (isn't this sexualisation? :shrug:). At the end of the day, if my child needs fed then the boob will be coming out!

- How old do you think is too old to breastfeed?
There is no set age limit for when to stop breastfeeding as the health service recommend you continue until your child is 2-3 years old. I will stop when I feel the time has come.

I currently bf and will do it until we're finished. I notice a lot of ladies are sying until 6 months as this is when you begin solids, however milk remains the main source of nutrition until 1 year. Solids are really just a toy until 9 months

I do it all the time. I don't like covers really because they felt like a big sign at that said I AM BREASTFEEDING, were so much faff it's not funny and I think "feeding discreetly" is bull. I was never asked to cover up when wearing low cut tops :shrug:

I think that the BF relationship will be ended when both mother and child feel it's time.

- If you're going to breastfeed, how long do you plan on doing it for? I'm breastfeeding Elias, and will continue to do so until he's ready to wean. I will breastfeed the next one too.

- What are your views on breastfeeding in public? I haven't done it yet, but I don't see anything wrong with it. :D

- How old do you think is too old to breastfeed? I would say 3 years old. My sister breastfed her son until he was 4, and it didn't bother me, but I personally would like my children weaned before 3 years old.

I plan on doing it til 6 months, however, I will probably end up weening at 9.
It's not for me(just a comfort level thing) but, I admire people who do.
Ummm, to be honest, If they can lift your shirt up and get it themselves, I
think it's too old. That's just my opinion though.

i am going to bf and express for the first year and if lo will continue to want breast milk i will just express.
i have no problem with people nip but i wont be doing it personally as i am not confident enough
well to actually breast feed then 2 but if you were expressing then its up to u

I planned to breastfeed for a year. And I'm still doing it :thumbup:

I love women who can NIP (nurse in public). I am WAY to insecure to NIP, so I've always pumped and given him a bottle, I just feel very uncomfortable doing it. Just because there's so many people out there that look at breasts as a sexual thing, so I've just never done it! But I have no problem with others NIP.

Ahhhh, 3 :blush: is the oldest I think someone should be breastfed.

I feel the same about breastfeeding in public, i'd find it uncomfortable about people staring and things or people judging you!
I plan to breastfeed until or at least six months old.
I was worried about inverted nipples and asked my m/w but she told me that inverted nipples usually just pop out when the baby is born.
And i think its okay to breastfeed until about 2 years old when your little one is more independent. :flower:

I plan to breastfeed until either my LO wants to stop, or until my next child.

I think breastfeeding in public is totally acceptable, anyone who has anything negative to say was a) probably staring really hard in the first place to notice, and is therefore a pervert, or b) an idiot! :)

The national age of weaning from the breast worldwide is 4 (so this is infact the norm, whereas western culture isn't! funny how things differ in perspectives, isn't it! :flow:), so I'd probably ask for my breasts back around the time that LO was gearing up to attend big-school (Year R). If my next child is born before then, I will either tandem feed until the first LO is school age and then carry on exclusively feeding the next LO, or if my first LO is over 2-3, then I would have a talk with them about giving boobs to the baby for baby's special milk!

:kiss:

If you're going to breastfeed, how long do you plan on doing it for? As long as I can, 6 months minimum, 1yr max. I'll continue to express after he's weaned, I just find the idea of a toddler on my boob a little odd.

What are your views on breastfeeding in public? I'll be doing it, I wont be impressed if anyone was to make a negative comment about it.

How old do you think is too old to breastfeed? For me, a year onward. But, I see nothing wrong with any person of any age drinking expressed breastmilk.

If you're going to breastfeed, how long do you plan on doing it for?
I'm currently still feeding my 18 month old along side my 2 week old and planto do so untill they are 2

What are your views on breastfeeding in public? I did it with my son until he was 1 and am currently doing it with my daughter . Feel self concious but she has to eat . Only ever had positive comments about it though and for those who give funny looks because it' so unusual to see someone doing it these days

How old do you think is too old to breastfeed? Whenevber you and your child are ready to stop , personally i won't be going past 2 .

At least a year. I plan to let LO lead his/her weaning, as they'll know better than I do!
I have a right to feed my child. I'll take the uptmost caution to cover, but if I need to feed I'm feeding.
When the child doesn't want to anymore. Children naturally turn away from the breast in favor of more substantial food in most cases.

Im going to take it day by day, but ideally id like to bf for about 6 months.
im fine with other girls doing it and i admire them, i dont htink i could personally do it, but we will see :)
i think stopping around 1 is the right age

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->