Breastfeeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey blutea! I have a quick question. My doctors have been concerned about my blood pressure, and I'm on medication now to keep it under control. While it's been in the normal range at my past two appointments, I'm worried that something might happen which would cause me to deliver early; this fear may or may not be irrational. But I was wondering if this were to occur and the baby had to be in NICU, how badly does this hurt my chances of successfully breastfeeding? I'm not sure how much time I would have with the baby to feed it... I guess I'm just a little clueless on that. Thanks!

Hey blutea! I have a quick question. My doctors have been concerned about my blood pressure, and I'm on medication now to keep it under control. While it's been in the normal range at my past two appointments, I'm worried that something might happen which would cause me to deliver early; this fear may or may not be irrational. But I was wondering if this were to occur and the baby had to be in NICU, how badly does this hurt my chances of successfully breastfeeding? I'm not sure how much time I would have with the baby to feed it... I guess I'm just a little clueless on that. Thanks!

If you run into any resistance, you will need to be your own advocate and push for your baby's right to breastfeed. You are the mother and you have the right to feed your baby. If he is unable to breastfeed then expressing and offering your milk is the next best option until he has the strength to latch onto your breast. If you do run into any issues contact LLL or a lactation consultant immediately to get their support and advice. You can successfully breastfeed a premature baby. Here's to hoping your baby is full tern and healthy. :flower:

Ooh, the above post reminded me of a question I have.

If my baby comes early, will my body still know to produce colostrum/milk straight away?

Thank you so much for this thread. I'm desperate to breastfeed and I would ideally like to continue for at least 2 years.
However any time I mention it to mums I know, they just laugh at me. The general opinion seems to be that its far too hard for most women and that I will give up too!
What I especially love is the honesty in this thread. Ok so I understand that's it's not easy to breastfeed so let's talk about the problems and help each other come up with solutions together. I just keep getting told that it's just not an option these days!
We need more honest women like we have on this thread.

So thank you! X

The mention of premature babies reminded me of a question I had when reading about hte recent birth of Samantha, alparen's 13 week early baby. She wasn't even able to offer her breastmilk at first, I am assuming because she was physically unable to actually drink it. For babies that are born so premature that they are have to be fed through a tube in the beginning, is it possible to be able to breastfeed them once they have grown and become strong enough? I've heard other stories of babies being physically unable to drink breastmilk or formula, so it has made me wonder. Does it interfere with their natural development of instincts for how to breastfeed?

blue tea appears she is banned for unknown reasons so she cant help anyone any more.

was just talking to her she appears to be banned. she has pmed wobbles but no answer.

she tried to offer help last I seen with fornula for ff mums and was shot down in flames rather unfairly so could be that. we will see.

she tried to offer help last I seen with fornula for ff mums and was shot down in flames rather unfairly so could be that. we will see.

With all due respect that was days ago. And two bf postings from third tri were already moved to the bf part of the site and yet another one appears so perhaps its as simple as a rule break in that way.

And that formula feed post is now three pages down

Can we just remember the rules regarding discussing banned members ;)

Thanks ladies!!

was just talking to her she appears to be banned. she has pmed wobbles but no answer.

Hang on! If you were talking to her she should have told you exactly why she was banned. She knows! To let you believe that this might be because of some unfair FF dispute (or anything else) is just manipulation.

She was banned for duplicate accounts (3 to be exact) ... if you read through this thread you'll even see her talking to herself (under a different username) to make a point.

https://www.babyandbump.com/announcement.php?a=3
You are permitted a maximum of 1 (one) account, active or inactive (including previously banned and accounts closed at user request). If you choose to ignore this restriction, all your accounts will be banned. If you require temporary access for any reason, require a user name change, or have forgotten your log in details and are unable to retrieve them via The Service, do not create a new account, please contact the forum administrator using the Contact Us link below.

It's the weekend; we don't jump to reply to banned members (although would have replied on Monday) + she PM'd Wobbles on her private Facebook after emailing 3 times.

Her account isn't showing as inactive because we were wondering if to just make it a temp ban... Not anymore!

Oh dear, that's a shame :nope:

Thanks for the explanation!

For someone who promoted 'live and let live', and 'one shouldnt feel bad or need to defend themselves with their choices, if they are comfortable about it, ' seemed to make a big deal just to get a point accross.

Really quite surprised...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back