bring on baby!! Welcome!!!

Thanks guys. I'm not sure why they couldn't do an earlier ultrasound. In Canada I think it might be different since we don't pay for our ultrasounds, so they schedule them less often. I guess they wanted to wait until 9 weeks because it's easier to check viability or something? I dunno... frustrating though. I'm going to try to stay positive. I really appreciate your kind words <3

Annie, I don't know much about what it means to have an irregular gestational sac, but I did a quick search and found this thread:

There is one really interesting post someone wrote on it, quoting from a journal article here. Basically it seems that it's not that big of a deal:

Tanikit
Hi, this is something I found on google about irregualr gestational sacs - apparently as long as the contents (yolk sac, fetal pole or baby itself) is normal then you don't have to worry - it may be just the angle at which it was scanned, so everything sounds positive for you.

"There is very little data on gestational sac shape and pregnancy outcome. Remember also, that you are essentially looking at a 3-dimensional structure in only two dimensions. For both reaons, I also think there is no immediate cause for alarm. I reviewed the literature for you and did come across a small but relevant study looking at IVF pregnancies. Abnormal sac shape was not predictive of poor outcome. In addition, you mentioned that the yolk sac and fetal pole were present, so your pregnancy is demonstrating normal sac contents, also positive. Ultimately, the next big milestone would be embryonic cardiac activity, so time will tell for your pregnancy. However, overall based on very limited data, I think your pregnancy is still promising. Please see abstract below, and good luck to you!

J Ultrasound Med. 1992 Jul;11(7):321-5.Links
First trimester findings in pregnancies after in vitro fertilization.Wax MR, Frates M, Benson CB, Yeh J, Doubilet PM.
Department of Radiology, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women&#8217;s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts.

We assessed the frequency of abnormal sonographic findings and their significance with respect to outcome in pregnancies resulting from in vitro fertilization (IVF). We retrospectively reviewed first trimester sonograms of 53 consecutive IVF patients who had a positive pregnancy test and first trimester ultrasonography at least 4 weeks after embryo transfer, and we correlated the sonographic findings with pregnancy outcome. For controls, we compared the frequency of sonographic abnormalities in these study patients to that in a group of patients who became pregnant after ovulation induction only. In the 53 IVF patients, the numbers of gestational sacs identified on the initial sonogram were as follows: 34 singletons, 11 twins, two triplets, one quadruplets and one quintuplets; no sac was seen in four patients. In 32 patients, the first sonogram was normal, with a visualized yolk sac, or heartbeat, or both. In 10 patients the gestational sac appeared abnormal but sac contents were normal. In seven patients an abnormality of sac contents was identified, including four with an embryo but no heartbeat and three anembryonic sacs. Overall, 40% of IVF patients had sonographic abnormalities, in comparison to 7% in the control group of patients (P less than 0.05, Fisher&#8217;s exact test). Of the 32 patients with normal sonograms, 26 (81%) delivered at least one live infant. Of the 10 patients whose gestation sacs appeared abnormal, nine (90%) gave birth to live infants. Of the seven patients with abnormal sac contents, two (29%) delivered at least one live infant. We conclude that abnormal findings are frequently present on the initial sonogram of pregnant patients after IVF."

why would they tell you that????? :growlmad: i know several people who have had 2 mcs and go on to have very healthy pregnancies after that!!!!! don't let her stress you out! :hugs: unless she had some other reason for worrying about your pregnancy, she shouldn't be saying that to you!!!!

Thank you :hugs: I'm glad you think it was ridiculous too, I was wondering if I was off the wall for being more positive about this pregnancy. I miss my midwife! *sniff*

update- So i went to my Dr. today and they did a Vag ultra sound.
Last thursday at ER when they did a Vag US all they saw was a Sac. well today they saw a sac and yolk but no heart beat :( ..
She told me that i have a 50/50 chance of a miscarriage. she said the fact that i am spotting brown and they didnt see a heart beat last week are this week was not good and probablity lead to MC.. So she told me that she would Redo my HCG levels and see if they double IF they double are triple then they will redo another US on monday and see if they see a heart beat.. If they are the same are lower than they are gonna do a DNC.. :(

so i went to the dr to get answers and stop all this waiting BS and guess what im still waiting and i got NO answers!! So. im in a tissie!!

thanks Sam- yea its very scary nothing i can do but pray and wait!! and pray some more!!

aw annie, i'm sorry you're having such a rough go right now. sending prayers that everything is okay for you and your little one.

i've been feeling really nervous today. my boobs don't hurt as much and my back is achy again. i can't tell if i'm having mild cramps or not. my u/s got moved to next tuesday so i guess i just have to wait until then. i wish i could stop being such a nervous nellie!

Oh Annie, I'm so sorry you're in such a hard place! It is so frustrating to be in a position where you just don't know what's going to happen. I'll be sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way. I hope your DH takes good care of you and gives you lots of cuddles no matter the outcome. :hugs:

aw annie, i'm sorry you're having such a rough go right now. sending prayers that everything is okay for you and your little one.

i've been feeling really nervous today. my boobs don't hurt as much and my back is achy again. i can't tell if i'm having mild cramps or not. my u/s got moved to next tuesday so i guess i just have to wait until then. i wish i could stop being such a nervous nellie!

Bexxc, :hugs:

Thank y'all so very much!!! I really need it right now...

My levels isn't in but I talked to my nurse at 4:30..
She said my pregnancy is progressing normally but they can't say it's a viable pregnancy untill they hear the heart beat.. To cover her tracks and the hcg wasn't in yet and will be in first thing in morning .. So there is still hope..
.. Bc baby goes from sac to yolk then fetal pole then heart beat then embryo .. So everything is developing as it should..
She said we will no more with the results but at this point they r not even considering a dnc

Bc if y'all remember Thursday when I went to er there was only a sac now there is a sac and yolk!!!

sounds like you're progressing well so far. try to stay relaxed. ha! i should follow my own advice!

Well I just peed and there was light red mixed with slimmy cm.. I'm miscarrying I know it... I went and peed again same thing.. :( I don't even need my results for tomorrow I already no!!

please don't give up hope, hun. this is from the american pregnancy association website:

Studies show that anywhere from 20-30% of women experience some degree of bleeding in early pregnancy. Approximately half of pregnant women who bleed do not have miscarriages.

Thank you bex.. But I really feel that my hcg results will be same are have dropped..

I have so many ? To ask the dr.. How do I cancel Medicaid how do I cancel wic is this consider as my 1st period can I try after I stop bleeding...

just write down all the questions you have for now.
try to stay as relaxed as you can--i'm sure that sounds impossible.
saying prayers for you!
:hugs:

How are you doing this morning sweetie?

Bexxc is right, just write down all your questions for the doctor. It might help you feel more relaxed.

I don't mean to scare you but thats how my last m/c basically progressed. I'm not trying to be negative, but just to tell you my experience, because at this point it's good to be prepared for anything. I also wanted to say that if, God forbid, this pregnancy is not viable, you do NOT need a d&c. I had one after my first loss (empty sac at 12w) because my body was obviously not expelling things on its own. I think it was the right decision at that time. However, my second was a natural m/c at 6+4 (bleeding was basically like a heavy period). Went to the docs next day, and ultrasound showed everything had cleared out on its own, and my beta was down to 74. I greatly preferred the natural loss to the d&c - it was less painful (d&c causes a lot of cramping/pain after) and my body bled less and healed a lot faster after the natural m/c. I just wanted to share that with you asap because I know doctors sometimes put pressure on you and suggest that you do a d&c "right away". Well, the truth, is that if your body is already doing its job, you don't need one.

That all being said, you never know what will happen and as Bexxc said, dont lose hope. My best friend had a 3 week "period", went for an ultrasound and found out she was 8 weeks along (and her baby is now 9 months old). So there is definitely a chance for a positive outcome. Lower your expectations just in case, but always hope for the best.

Xoxox
:hug:

well im okay... i wasnt spotting all day yesterday and then last night bamn had to light red wipes... Well i have a pad on thinking af was gonna start.. well nothing in the pad.. as of today when i wiped there was just a little spec of brown.. i have no idea what all that was about... im so confused maybe from the ultra sound i don tknow.. maybe im miscarrying... im just gonna have to wait till the dr calls

well im okay... i wasnt spotting all day yesterday and then last night bamn had to light red wipes... Well i have a pad on thinking af was gonna start.. well nothing in the pad.. as of today when i wiped there was just a little spec of brown.. i have no idea what all that was about... im so confused maybe from the ultra sound i don tknow.. maybe im miscarrying... im just gonna have to wait till the dr calls

Thats a great sign Annie! Keep us posted xoxo

so glad to hear that!!!! i've seen a lot of girls in first tri talking about bleeding from their ultrasounds. one girl said (sorry for tmi) that it was literally dripping onto the floor in her doctors office during her u/s. and lots have reported bleeding/spotting afterwards. keep us posted. we're all rooting for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->