British slang!

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
Tbh I like the threads where we compare different cultures lol! Have a look and see if you can guess the meaning!
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/british-slang-as-guessed-by-american?s=mobile

I got them all right yay :D

Isn't it weird how different sayings mean different things to different cultures!

:rofl:

They are hilarious! I'm an Aussie but I'm pretty pumped I got most of them right! I think a lot of our slang must be similar :shrug:

I got them all and was like erm why wouldnt people know that? But suppose it must be a bit weird for people to hear some of those :haha:

Do they really not say those in US?! I'm surprised about some of them! Surely they say "It's not my cup of tea"!! It's such a standard thing to say! I wonder if there is a similar one of US slang x

Haha, I didn't even realise some of them were exclusively British sayings, it's funny how many differences there is with American English!

I got them all right too. I wanna see what the US ladies on here think!

I didn't realise a lot of them were just British sayings either :lol:
Love the guesses!

Lol! This made me laugh a lot. Long time since i've heard anyone call their balls their goolies :haha:

Glad to make people smile hope our friends from across the pond have a ganders soon (see what I did there ;))

I will admit I had to think about goolies..
I certainly have what this guy thinks is a todger tho :haha:

got all them right.

i always say 'bobs ya uncle'.. i have an uncle called Bob. annoys my mum so much she always says 'no hes my brother'. x

The only one I didn't know was fuzz! :lol:

Never knew they were exclusively British either!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back