brutally honest opinions needed

One of our good friends surnames is Flinn so can't use that I'm afraid!

I love finn too and dh isn't a fan lol. Riley perhaps? If all else fails go with Baxter! I'm a fan of doing what makes you happy!

Baxter is different & cool, ok yeah it did remind me of a dog at first (Ron Burgundy's dog), but my daughter is called Molly & that's one of the most popular dog names out there. You can't please everyone & it's your little boy. It you who will be using his name everyday, not your friends & family, so just go with what makes you happy x

I'm indifferent about the name, I wouldn't use it myself but I wouldn't think "oh yuck" if I heard of a little boy with the name. I used to own a dog walking company so every name to me is a dog's name (Simon, Finn, Archie, Max, Jasper, Charlie, Sam, etc) so the fact that it "could" be a dog's name doesn't put me off.

I like it. I wouldn't use it for one of mine, but that's just because it isn't my style. If i met a little boy called Baxter I definitely wouldn't immediately think "that's a dog's name" or anything. I actually think it's a good solid name that transitions well from being a cute little boy's name to a competent adult male's name.

Thank you all for being so honest! I'm still on the fence about using it but do really like it still! Hmm!

I personally don't like it but loads of people hated the name Oakley when I first told them. I loved it and wouldn't accept anything else for my sons first name. Pick a name you love not one others will like, he's your baby :) xx

If you like it then go for it. It's not to my taste but it really doesn't make me think of a dog when I hear it. I'm a dog trainer and I've never once worked with a dog called Baxter. It is different to your other boys names but different isn't a bad thing. As long as you and your DH like it then that's all that matters. My best friends sons name is Marley now I've worked with a million dogs called Marley but I don't think it matters one bit.

I dont think names are specifically dogs names and so it wouldnt make me think of that but I did initally think of soup...but that soon passed and only as you asked for opinions...if someone had said 'this is Baxter' it woldnt have crossed my mind

Could be misheard as Buster though?

I dont think sibsets need to match. Ours definitly dont!

What about

Jasper?

I love Ted!

I like Jasper but M doesn't...plus its too similar to Jack??

I think it will.defo be Baxter or Ted.

I like Jasper but M doesn't...plus its too similar to Jack??

I think it will.defo be Baxter or Ted.

Casper? I absolutely love Casper. I know it has the ghost association but I love it so much.

Baxter is growing on me, still love Ted though 😊

I love Casper too! Loved it since I was preg with Oscar but its too out there for DH....can you see a pattern as to why we have no name yet??? Lol.

My cousin has a dog named Baxter so that would be my first association just hearing the name, but if someone told me it was their sons name i wouldn't think why would you name your son after a dog! If that makes sense.. it would become his name too and there's nothing wrong with it if you love it!

I think if you both like it then go with it. If you are concerned about what people.think then maybe don't announce the name until he's born? It seems there are all sorts of opinions before baby is born but then when everything is looking at his cute sweet face they'll hopefully keep their opinions to themselves.

I wouldn't really tell anyone beforehand anyway so that's not a concern. We only ever announce after the birth!

Couldn't have a Jack and a Jaxon! But I'm not overly fond anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->