brutally honest opinions needed

I think I like it, it's certainly grown on me as I read through the thread I do know a dog named Baxter but that wouldn't worry me I certainly prefer it to Ted not a fan of that at all :flower:

I have to be honest it sounds like a hamsters name. Someone might have said this but I can imagine the name Max with your other two boys :)

I have to be honest it sounds like a hamsters name. Someone might have said this but I can imagine the name Max with your other two boys :)

I think Max is more of a pet name than Baxter! Max was very nearly Jacks name when we were naming him but we decided to go with Jack instead.

Max is definitly a dogs name too 😅 Everyone has a dog called Ruby these days but I still like it lol same for bella etc zx

One of our best friends has a dog called Oscar haha and I suppose Jack is a dog name too (like jack Russell haha) so having another dog name probably isn't a big deal :rofl:

I've never heard a dog called ruby, that's bizarre!!

I like Max. My friends boy is called Maxwell but gets Max

There aree loads of red staffies and golden labs called ruby here haha

I like it and wouldn't think it was a dogs name. Dogs get called all sorts anyway, I'm sure there'll be dogs out there that have the same name as my kids.

People will make associations with any name - Dexter is popular but the first thing I think of is the serial killer tv show! Doesn't stop me liking the name though.

I like Ted as well. What about Blake?

I love it!!.. Similar to the boys name I had picked for my last pregnancy, Braxton (Brax for NN). I dont know why people think names are in a sense reserved just for animals lol. My dogs in that case have human names ;) .. I say if you love it, go for it.

Thanks for all the opinions good and bad, and thank you for the honesty.

I am 90% sure on which name to choose :)

Keep us posted with what you decide when baby is here, Im sure it will be wonderful!

I've just seen this thread and read it all the way through hoping you hadn't been put off the name!

Can I just say the reply 'soup' was completely unhelpful :dohh: I'm sure you could have thought of something a little more constructive to say...

Anyway Your two boys have names similar to my boys. And I like Baxter. I can honestly say I wouldn't think of a dog. I have never heard of a dog called that! And anyway, so what if it was used for a dog that's not a bad thing? My cousins child is max and that's a traditional dog name but I'd never really thought of it until now haha

Oscar Jack and Baxter sound like a great set of brothers!

PS I also love Ted x

I've just seen this thread and read it all the way through hoping you hadn't been put off the name!

Can I just say the reply 'soup' was completely unhelpful :dohh: I'm sure you could have thought of something a little more constructive to say...

Anyway Your two boys have names similar to my boys. And I like Baxter. I can honestly say I wouldn't think of a dog. I have never heard of a dog called that! And anyway, so what if it was used for a dog that's not a bad thing? My cousins child is max and that's a traditional dog name but I'd never really thought of it until now haha

Oscar Jack and Baxter sound like a great set of brothers!

PS I also love Ted x

I've never met a dog named Baxter (and I've met a lot of dogs :haha:) bu I've met several dogs named Ted; my DS's name is Ted and he loves it whenever he encounters a dog with his name :haha:

Like I said previously, I think Baxter is a cool name 😎 Have you thought of Alex? Has the x in it and would go well with Oscar and Jack?

Baxter is an awesome name! I've never seen a pet with that name (or a person for that matter). I think it's really cool.

I've only ever met one dog named Baxter. Funny story about it was that I looked at him and thought "He looks like a Baxter" and when the lady came out she introduced the dog as Baxter. Honestly though, I meet dogs with common "people" names all the time. It's a personal view to associate a name with an animal or human. Someone I work with has a dog with the same name as my son. Doesn't bother me the least!

Baxter isn't a common name, at least not around here, which makes it unique and I like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->