Buddies Wanted: irregular cycles after coming off BCP

Dancer - it went well! It wasn't a timed race but we ran it in 31 and a half minutes :thumbup: It was just exciting to be in Times Square with all those people and they shoot confetti when we start running and play loud music so it's a great adrenalin rush :yipee:

That's great news Stefanie!!! I hope you get that super positive one soon :thumbup: Yay! Can't wait to start my OPKs tomorrow :happydance:

Off to go for a run and then PT all afternoon. Can't wait for it to be over next week so I can get my afternoons back.

Hugs to all! :hugs:

Ooh sounds fab! Confetti too bet it makes the whole atmosphere special and 31 minutes! Well done you!

Good luck Stefanie!

:dust: to all xx

Hi,
Would love to be a buddy too :hugs: I am 32 came off BCP end of January after been on it for 14 years (10 years depo and then 4 cerazette). Had first proper AF beginning of March. 1st cycle was 27 days and now on cd21 of second cycle. Have been using OPK but still not o yet! - so don't know if this is going to be a long cycle!

I hate all this waiting just want my :bfp:

OMG... you and I are on the exact same schedule. I am 34. Came off BCP at start of Jan, had cycles ranging from 21 days to 29 days. Each month it's different. So many cramps throughout each cycle, varying flow,.. it stinks! Good luck this month!!

Thanks for the luck!!!! I must admit I am feeling a bit lost with it all this cycle. It has been my first cycle temping and doing smep but I am now cd 15 and no sign of ov! Don't know if going to new York has messed up my cycle (time differences etc) or I have just missed it!! I am not totally convinced that I have ov since coming off BCP. And my graph is all over the place!

Anna - I'm glad you came here to vent! It's a good way to release some of the anger. I feel for you. I hate pg announcements from friends as well. I just SO want it to be my turn to announce!!!! And DH doesn't get it either. He thinks I should be happier for them…well, I am happy for them…I'm just super sad for myself :cry: Hope you're feeling a little bit better by now! :hugs:

Dancer - are you BDing just in case?? EWCM is always a good sign :winkwink:

Stefanie - one month is just as painful as after trying for 4 months and I'm sure same as for anyone who's been trying longer. When you want something so bad, seeing someone else get it who didn't even think about whether they want it or not, just HURTS. But we get through it. Our turn will come! We have to believe that :hugs:

Of course, b!tC#in about it a bit doesn't hurt anyone :winkwink: I'm in!

Joey - How was new york??? Did you see the 5K in Times Square? There was like 30,000 of us running! Other than the crappy weather, I had a great time :flower:

OK ladies...I'm kicking off SMEP tonight with a bit of :sex: Yay for CD8! Hope this is the month for all of us :happydance:

:dust:

Hi - loved NY!! Saw quite a few of the runners! Back home now and back at work :cry:
I am getting a bit worried that I am not going to ov or I have missed it?! My temps seem to be all over the place and no +ve OPK yet!!!!

I know I am impatient!!

:dust: to everyone!!!

Hi - loved NY!! Saw quite a few of the runners! Back home now and back at work :cry:
I am getting a bit worried that I am not going to ov or I have missed it?! My temps seem to be all over the place and no +ve OPK yet!!!!

I know I am impatient!!

:dust: to everyone!!!

Glad you had a great trip!! I love NY too - always a good time. And it's nice that it's only 2 hours away now that I've moved to the East Coast!!! :thumbup:

I'm on CD12 of SMEP and no sign of O either...my cycles are 27-31 days so I guess it's still early if it's a longer one. How long are your cycles? Are you temping at the exact same time every morning? I find that if I'm off by even an hour my temp seems to change...so sensitive!

ladyesq - did the :witch: catch you? Looks like you might have started a new cycle according to your ticker if it's updated.

Stefanie - did you get the +OPK???

How is everyone else doing?? Anyone testing soon? Where in the cycle are you all?

Joey and I are waiting to O…peeing on OKP sticks :haha: VERY exciting times! :winkwink:

ladyesq - did the :witch: catch you? Looks like you might have started a new cycle according to your ticker if it's updated.

Stefanie - did you get the +OPK???

How is everyone else doing?? Anyone testing soon? Where in the cycle are you all?

Joey and I are waiting to O…peeing on OKP sticks :haha: VERY exciting times! :winkwink:

Hey MrsChezek, i've been getting almost +opks in the afternoons for the last couple of days followed by definitely negative ones in the evenings, but i'm pretty sure this afternoons was definitely positive! so we are also waiting to O and doing all we can :winkwink: lol.

Glad you had a great trip!! I love NY too - always a good time. And it's nice that it's only 2 hours away now that I've moved to the East Coast!!! :thumbup:

I'm on CD12 of SMEP and no sign of O either...my cycles are 27-31 days so I guess it's still early if it's a longer one. How long are your cycles? Are you temping at the exact same time every morning? I find that if I'm off by even an hour my temp seems to change...so sensitive!
Hi - I am 27-29 days per cycle so should really be ov any day! Have not been that accurate with the temping - having the time difference in NY really didn't help!! But should be easier now I am back at work. I have been using digital OPK and cheapie internet ones and there is absolutely no line! Fingers crossed for us both!! It is nice to have other ladies at the same stage - love this thread!!!!

Does anyone have experience with anovulatory cycles? I think I might be experiencing one (check my chart in my signature). Just wondering your thoughts?

Does anyone have experience with anovulatory cycles? I think I might be experiencing one (check my chart in my signature). Just wondering your thoughts?

Hi Countrygirl,

Im also going through an anovulatory cycle, but it was my first cycle charting so I don't know if its a random occurrence or I'm just not ovulating. I'm still waiting for AF, I just want this cycle to end already :(

It looks like you ovulate later in your cycles so you never know. I would continue to chart and BD just in case. I heard its normal to have an anovulatory cycle here and there. I don't think theres a cause for concern unless you continue to experience them.

I was getting ewcm but that stopped yesterday but had nothin on opk's but today ewcm started again :happydance: still keeping fx I O this month.

I'm on day 28 but last cycle was approx 55days so could have a long way to go yet :wacko:

:dust: to all xx

I have my first offical crosshairs on fertility friend! It is telling me I am currently 3DPO. I think I am more 2 DPO based on my symptoms but who knows! I am so relieved that I am actually ovulating. We have been following the SMEP starting on CD4 and have stuck to it and have BD 2 days before O, day of O and three days after, so I think we have our bases covered. Now the waiting game begins. I am going to try not to test to early but I have a slight obsession with testing lol. Hope everyone waiting will O soon.

Stefanie - wow so you get +OPK in the afternoon but -opks in the evening? I didn't know that is how it worked! Welcome to the WTO (Waiting To O) circle!!! :winkwink:

Countrygirl - as far as I've heard, chances of anovulatory cycles increase after coming off BCP and but anyone can experience them. Like Anna said, no cause for concern unless you continue to not see O.

Dancer - EWCM is great news! make sure to BD lots even though the opks are neg cause those tests can be wrong!!! GL and FX :hugs:

Yay Daisy! SO exciting! Good work…now you get to relax and await the good news :winkwink: FX you caught that eggy and there's a little seed being planted in there :flower:

hi there ladies! i'd love to join you all in this thread since i'm currently in an anovulatory cycle myself, my doc confirmed that at my visit today. =/ would love some company getting through this TTC business....

i'm 29 and was on the pill for 3 years, which i ended last august, since then i have had off and on cycles since then... had a regular cycle right off the pill, and then had fairly regular cycles again come jan-march and now am currently on CD51. so the doc prescribed progesterone today to kick start my cycle again {which it i did last fall after a 70 day cycle}. thinking about getting a clearblue fertility monitor to start using once AF shows back up, anyone using one?

oh and here's my chart too...
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ab0ae/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Yes, indeed AF came to call, dangit.

As for those of you asking about anovulatory cycles, I had one too. I had one good cycle after coming off the pill, but then didn't get another period for 78 days, and that is only because my doctor put me on provera to kickstart my cycle. It seems to have worked, since I just had another full ovulatory cycle that just completed. I'm now hoping for 2 in a row! (well, obviously I'm hoping for a BFP even more!)

You can check out that anovulatory cycle by clicking on my cycle thumbnail below.

Oh, also my goal for this cycle is to try to increase my EWCM production. Anyone have any luck doing that, and what did you do? I've been trying to research remedies, but they are sooo conflicting. Tons of people say you should drink grapefruit juice, but others say to avoid citrus like the plague because it creates an acidic, hostile environment for sperm. Some say evening primrose oil, bit others say epo can cause delayed ovulation. So confusing.

Oh, also my goal for this cycle is to try to increase my EWCM production. Anyone have any luck doing that, and what did you do? I've been trying to research remedies, but they are sooo conflicting. Tons of people say you should drink grapefruit juice, but others say to avoid citrus like the plague because it creates an acidic, hostile environment for sperm. Some say evening primrose oil, bit others say epo can cause delayed ovulation. So confusing.

I've been using EPO 1000mg per day for the last 10 days or so along with vitamin b complex that I had read was good to make things happen down there including O. I've also been drinking at least a glass of grapefruit juice per day. Don't kno if it's coincidental but I definately have seen more ewcm this cycle than last. I just gathered that if nothin was happening for me it was definately worth a try.

FX

hi there ladies! i'd love to join you all in this thread since i'm currently in an anovulatory cycle myself, my doc confirmed that at my visit today. =/ would love some company getting through this TTC business....

i'm 29 and was on the pill for 3 years, which i ended last august, since then i have had off and on cycles since then... had a regular cycle right off the pill, and then had fairly regular cycles again come jan-march and now am currently on CD51. so the doc prescribed progesterone today to kick start my cycle again {which it i did last fall after a 70 day cycle}. thinking about getting a clearblue fertility monitor to start using once AF shows back up, anyone using one?

oh and here's my chart too...
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ab0ae/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Hi and welcome

I looked at clearblue fertility monitor but it recommends its used for people with cycles between 21-42days and it seems my last one was 55days so didn't think there was much point. I got the clearblue digital opk instead. Not had a positive yet but keep trying.

Fx to u too x

Stefanie - wow so you get +OPK in the afternoon but -opks in the evening? I didn't know that is how it worked! Welcome to the WTO (Waiting To O) circle!!! :winkwink:

Countrygirl - as far as I've heard, chances of anovulatory cycles increase after coming off BCP and but anyone can experience them. Like Anna said, no cause for concern unless you continue to not see O.

Dancer - EWCM is great news! make sure to BD lots even though the opks are neg cause those tests can be wrong!!! GL and FX :hugs:

Yay Daisy! SO exciting! Good work…now you get to relax and await the good news :winkwink: FX you caught that eggy and there's a little seed being planted in there :flower:

Well last month I got 3 and half days of constant +opks but after the one I had yesterday afternoon, they've gone back to only almost so unless the one i thought was positive actually wasn't i've only had one this cycle! So i really don't know what is going on with me. I'm going to keep doing them to see what happens and keep temping to see if I do ovulate or if its still coming. Stupid confusing body!

Welcome thetatrojan! :hi:

I read about the monitor but decided to try the clear blue dig tests w the smileys first before investing in the monitor. This is my first cycle trying them and so far no +opk :( hopefully soon!

I heard taking musinex expectorant helps with mucous production - I just bought some yesterday to try - anyone try that?

Still no +ve OPK for me! And my chart is looking a mess!! I am getting a bit worried now that I am not ov - didn't get a +ve OPK last cycle either! I was feeling quite positive for this cycle but now I am getting a bit fed up! Also doing smep and tonight is a bd night and all I feel like doing is going to sleep (feel soooo tired! Long day!!) - is that bad?! :wacko:

Sorry for the moan - hopefully feel more positive tomorrow! I just hate having no control over any of this! I am the kind of person who plans everything and TTC is def not going to plan :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->