Buddies wanted--Starting IVF April 2013-June 2013!

starlight I'm so hoping that you get to start real soon after your consultation :) when is your af due???

born2bmamma, so wonderful that you and DH had a great time in Vegas! And also nice to have a break from all things TTC. Hope you got lots of sun and were able to eat lots of delicious food too :)

scerena, yes am hoping that April will fly by! That is SO exciting that you got your dates!!!!

kismat, I am waiting for my intial IVF consult right now which is on April 29th. Before that I was with my gyno for a year doing tests and 5 cycles of clomid. Not sure how long it will take between intial IVF consult and starting meds as I think they may have me and DH do repeat tests but not sure?...but I am hoping to start ASAP, of course, lol.

That's great!! So we are in the same boat...we go in for our initial IVF consult on April 18th. I'm hoping the same that all our test results we have had are good enough for him and we can just start the cycle. i'm soooo waiting for the 18th to just get here.

Hello Ladies:hi:
I got a bad news today...My thyroid levels came really low:cry:
I dint quite expect it as it was very normal 6 months back....:shrug:
My RE says there is a high chance of misscarriage in hypothyroidism:nope: ..so they'l be going forward with egg retrieval and freeze all the embryos! they'l be transferred once the levels get back to normal! Am starting pills for the thyroid tommorow onwards...Anybody ever had hypothyroidism?iam sooo upset:cry:

so..my schedule wil be probably the same til ET[unles something else comes up:nope: in my salinesono]

starlight-Things seemed to move fast and noww this..i cant believe this is happening to me:dohh:
I know its so hard to wait for the appt..and then get al those tests done..i wish everything comes out normal for you HUn..:hugs:

scerena- hey:hugs: !!!!how you doing? No side Effects yet..i hope it stays that way:thumbup: Am happy you finally have your schedule:)which injections r u beggining on 18th? lupron ?

born2bamama- heyy!welcome back!

mission I will be starting Menopur on the 18th crazy as I thought I'd be starting that in may sometime :) but that depends on my pill scan...

I haven't had that sorry :( I know it sucks waiting but at least your doc isn't letting you do something that will cause a miscarriage, you must be upset thought :hugs: I hope your levels are really nice and normal next time you test :hugs:

scerena, thanks! I just got AF on March 31, so if my cycles stay regular (cross fingers), then next AF would be April 30, the day after the consult. But since my cycles were so crazy all over the place pre-clomid, I am assuming that they still may be wonky! As for you, everything is happening so quickly, how exciting!

kismat, oh that is exciting that we are at a similar stage!! Are you going to a new clinic for the IVF or able to stay with your old doctor? We had to switch as our gyno does not do IVF - only one place in the city that does!

missionmommy - sorry to hear about your thyroid levels, am sure that you may be disappointed by that news. Am happy to hear that they will go ahead with the ER and great that they are tracking you to make sure to give you the best chances of a sticky bean. It will happen soon for you xxoo

starlight that is good as then when you have been to your consult hopefully you can get started on your next cycle :) fx'd!!!

I know right did not think things would happen this quick!!! I'm excited and scared now though...

Hi ladies, I was wondering if I could join? I've been on here a lot but never posted before. This thread stood out to me though. I have been ttc for almost three years. My husband's SA came back fine, I had stage 4 endo (removed last May but already coming back) and PCOS. I was told by two REs that my best option was iVF, so here we are! I should start bcps around April 15th and stimming the second week of May (if everything goes as planned). We tried Clomid for four months before the lap and femara for four months after the lap. Nothing has worked so far. I am excited and scared at the same time. I realized quickly that I don't have anyone around me to talk to because no one understands this. It would be awesome to be able to go through this with others that are in my position :flower:

scerena, thanks! I just got AF on March 31, so if my cycles stay regular (cross fingers), then next AF would be April 30, the day after the consult. But since my cycles were so crazy all over the place pre-clomid, I am assuming that they still may be wonky! As for you, everything is happening so quickly, how exciting!

kismat, oh that is exciting that we are at a similar stage!! Are you going to a new clinic for the IVF or able to stay with your old doctor? We had to switch as our gyno does not do IVF - only one place in the city that does!

missionmommy - sorry to hear about your thyroid levels, am sure that you may be disappointed by that news. Am happy to hear that they will go ahead with the ER and great that they are tracking you to make sure to give you the best chances of a sticky bean. It will happen soon for you xxoo

I'm so happy i have someone else in a similar boat. that's excellent!!! yes we have to go to a new doc as well because our doc does do ivf but he's not there all the time, so he said because of the pcos and our monitoring is going to stricter that he cant'. but we are going to one of the best in the country so happy with that!!! i can't wait for the appt!!!!!

Hi ladies, I was wondering if I could join? I've been on here a lot but never posted before. This thread stood out to me though. I have been ttc for almost three years. My husband's SA came back fine, I had stage 4 endo (removed last May but already coming back) and PCOS. I was told by two REs that my best option was iVF, so here we are! I should start bcps around April 15th and stimming the second week of May (if everything goes as planned). We tried Clomid for four months before the lap and femara for four months after the lap. Nothing has worked so far. I am excited and scared at the same time. I realized quickly that I don't have anyone around me to talk to because no one understands this. It would be awesome to be able to go through this with others that are in my position :flower:

welcome BabyLove!! which i love the name:) i haven't had my consult yet with my ivf doc but what are bcps??

scerena, must be a really exciting time for you and totally understandable that it is scary too, but we are all here for you! I am thing that best case scenario is that they run some tests in May and that I can begin to cycle in June? I hope that I am able to cycle sometime this summer, but will try my best to be patient, haha. Easier said then done. In the meantime, will live vicariously through you :)

babylove - welcome!! that is thrilling that you will be starting BCP then stimming so soon. How long have you been TTC? It is a wonderful group of ladies here, look forward to hearing more about you and your journey!

Kismat - yay, awesome that we are in similar situations!! That is amazing that you are going to one of the best places in the country for IVF - we can use all of the extra help ew can get! I look forward to hearing about your consult. In the meantime, are you on natural cycles? I have been on natural cycles since end of Feb.

scerena - I believe my ER will be around April 20th....depends on how I stim I guess.

Mission - sorry to hear that hun, I don't know much about thyroids but at least you know you have those frosties once your body is ready!

Babylove -welcome hun! Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Kismat - bcps are birth control pills

Starlight - We have been ttc since July 2010. We tried naturally until November of 2011 and then sought help.

I used to have irregular cycles, anywhere from 25 to 40 days, but after being on Femara (letrozole) for 4 months they have started coming pretty regularly, between 27 and 28 days now. Is this common or has this happened to anyone else? It will help with planning IVF now but I have been told I have a very small percentage of conceiving naturally because of the severity of the endo. This is our last natural cycle before IVF but I can't get my hopes up anymore.

I can't wait to hear from the ladies who are starting their journeys now, maybe I can try to prepare myself for what's coming. Looking forward to it and hoping for positive outcomes all around. :dance:
:dust:

babylove1210 :hi: welcome to the thread :) it's so normal to be scared and excited we can all relate to that feeling :hugs:

starlight2012 thank you for being here for me :hugs: I'm sure that you will be cycling by summer Hun :) you can live through me any time :) so hard to be patient is t it, but you will get there really soon maybe even sooner than you think :)

ttcbaby not long now then :) are you excited???

Hey ladies!!

Welcome Babylove:flower: -i have severe endo too and was told the same thing..theres a less chance of fertilisation due to the release of some bad prostaglandins from the endo tissue ..i had a lap last year..dint help much though...But i was told IVF gives good outcomes with Endo...:hugs::hugs::hugs:

scerena- heyy u'l be starting real soon..happy for u:):happydance:
Waiting sucks..but i think its better to be safe than sorry....i hope my levels get normal soon!GL for the pill scan Hun:thumbup:
starlight- thanx Hun..the best part is my ER would be done..so i just have to wait a few more weeks for my levels to get normal for the ET.
Now that Af has come..u must be really excited for your initial appt.
Waiting to hear how it goes for u and kismat..i wish time flew faster:hugs:

ttcbaby- yeaa..i wish i stim well and have many good ones to freeze!
Few more days for you to start stimming..yippiee... comfortable poking yourself ? needles scare me:nope:
i heard icing the area before numbs it and you feel very little pain..hope that helps:)

mission thanks Hun :hugs: I hope the pill scan goes well without any problems fx'd!!! Hope you're doing okay :hugs: I know the waiting sucks but you're so right its best to be safe than sorry, I hope your levels are normal real soon :hugs:

Hello Ladies, Care for a new member?

I just started my first IVF journey. Currently on cd5 and day 2 of BCP. Next appointment is April 20. Looking forward to sharing the journey with all of you.

:hi: sekky I'm on day5 of bcps, what is your app for on the 20th????

Hi ladies! I'd like to join the thread as well.

I just started BCP yesterday ! Then in 2 weeks I will start stimming!

I look forward to getting to know you ladies and have support and be a support system!
And it's good to catch up.. I see a lot of familiar names from IUI December and think of each of you often!!!

:hi: baby love1210... ;)

Bma :hi: welcome to the thread :) we have a very similar schedule :) I will be stimming two weeks today if all is fine on my pill scan next week :)

welcome to the newbies!

Mission - I did some injections during my 2 IUI cycles so I think I am ok with it...LOL I just hope this works and yes I would love some to freeze!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->