Buddies wanted--Starting IVF April 2013-June 2013!

Bma :hi: welcome to the thread :) we have a very similar schedule :) I will be stimming two weeks today if all is fine on my pill scan next week :)

Thanks! Awesome. What meds are they putting you on? I'm bravelle and menopur.. Cetrotide , and ovidrel trigger!

Okay- are you on BCP now? I just started and they told me April 13 will be my last pill and then I go in for baseline ultrasound and blood work April 17.

Bma yes I'm on the pill I started Sunday, I go for my pill scan next thurs and if everything is ok I will start DR with Suprecur (nasal spray) af should arrive around 4 days after my last pill then start Stims 18th April :)

Your dates sound right as af should come by 4 days after the last pill :)

The meds I am doing are- menopur, Suprecur, ovitrelle (trigger shot) and Cyclogest (progesterone).

I'm egg sharing, I'm donating half of my eggs I produce in my IVF cycle to another lady :)

Serena- that sounds good. I don't have another scan between starting BCP and baseline. Oh well, if there's one thing I've learned since being on bnb is every doctor is different. Can really drive you nuts... If you let it. :haha: I don't have to take any intramuscular injections :happydance: your on a long protocol, mine is short. But we will start stimming about the same day.

I think it's awesome you are egg sharing. I didn't know that was a possibility until a month ago. I'm definitely going to try an donate my eggs after I deliver a healthy baby(s). It's so worth it. :) look forward to hearing about your scan next week!

Every doc is different :) I don't think I have a baseline scan from what I remember on the phone I will have a scan 4 days into Stimming- I think my scan is like a baseline scan although its not day1 but will be my last pill day- I will find out more on thurs for sure :)

I'm only doing one injection daily in my stomach (Menopur) and nasal spray which is to stop ovulation.

We will def be Stimming around the same time :) I'm confused I thought the pill meant long protocol? I don't know lol! My estimate EC is around 2nd may?

From what I gather BCP are pretty common on a lot of protocols. I don't know how many protocols there are out there but yea...
Ill stim for about 10 days and then do the ovidrel and my estimated egg retrieval is April 29!!

bma that's good then :) we will only be a few days apart maximum!!! At least it will be nice to have someone to help each other get throughout the wait before testing :)

Yes! I'm super impatient. It's going to be so hard. Are you planning in doing a home preg test before beta? I think I will. I don't want to symptom spot this round out loud! Lol going to be so hard :wacko:

Ladies- are y'all going to do anything y'all have heard of during stimming and after embryo transfer? I'm planning on eating the core of a pineapple before and after embryo transfer! Who knows if it works, but I'm going to try. :haha:

Mission- I hope that is true about IVF having positive outcomes with endo.

Hey Bma, glad to see you here! ;)

Bma yes we have to test as we don't get a beta at my clinic... Not sure when I will test but I will be testing, it's going to be scary doing a test after IVF!!!

I can't stand pineapple :( I've heard loads of ladies doing that... I just believe if the embryo is going to implant then it will once its inside of you I don't think there is much more you can do really :shrug: but im open to hearing things ladies do as I might try some for the fun of it :)

I'm starting to feel nervous about it all now I need to start relaxing... A lady I talk to n this site recommended IVF meditation CDs to relax :)

Yes, it's going to be nerve racking testing. But we will get our bfp! It's Ivf?! I'm so excited right now that I can't be scared or anything like that. So, just know that your chances of success are so much higher than anything else :)

You are right, if the embryo is going to implant its going to. :)
I'm going to buy my favorite comedy show DVDs as I have heard laughter therapy after embryo transfer helps! And yes! The meditation helps a lot. I have some specifically for ivf, from another bnb member as well :)

bma bless thanks :hugs: I hope you're right :) what he heck I need to stop being scared and be positive :) we WILL get our bfps :)

Oh did you :) I've heard to listen to them on YouTube is that what you're doing???
Great tip about laughter!!! I will be getting something funny to watch afterwards I think then :)

Hi Everyone, I am new to this thread and this section of the forum. I have been on the TTC section for quite some time, but now we have had our first appointment for IVF I thought I would move over here. :)

Hubby and I have been TTC 1 and 1/2 years and we have found that I have cysts on y ovaries and hubby has below average morphology of his swimmers.

We have been referred for IVF, and hoping to start around May/June time.

I have to have the HSG Dye Test done first, then they will put me on clomid, and then we will start the IVF process.

We are in the UK so having it done through the NHS, I am not 100% sure how many tries we get before we have to start paying.

Anyone else had the HSG Test done?

x x

:hi: pinkerbelle welcome :) I've had the HSG done, the dye will flow through your tubes if they're open, if they're blocked the dye will not go through... Ill have everything crossed for you :)

That's great that you can get funded on the NHS, they won't fund me- damn postcode lottery :dohh: fx'd you will only need the one cycle :)

The ladies in this thread are lovely :)

Serena--No, the girl on bnb sent them to me via email and Dropbox. If you want me to send them to you , you can pm me your email. I haven't listened to the ivf one yet, but I tried the natural cycle ones and they were great!

Hi pinkerbelle- I've done the hsg while I had a Hysterscopy so I was under anesthia. But I heard it doesn't hurt and most ladies take a ibuprofen before they go! Good luck :)
You are very fortunate to have the procedures covered! :)

babylove, before clomid my cycles were also quite irregular ranging from 30-50 days. I have only had one natural cycle post-clomid which was 30 days and that is very uncommon for me, so I am hoping that this next cycle will also be around the same, but I am just waiting to find out right now!

scerena, you're right, the time will fly by and before I know it we will be cycling as well. In the meantime, I have just been keeping myself distracted. Helps that work has been busy and in two weeks we have our trip :)

missionmommy, I hope that the time flies by as well and that your levels are in a good range soon! As for needles, they also scare me as well...will you be doing the injections yourself? I don't think that I will be able to and will need to ask my DH to do it. Then if he can't...my mom told me that she would do it, hahah. I know, so ridiculous.

welcome bma, how exciting that you are getting started so soon!!

ttc, you're such a champ with having done injections before!!

welcome pinkerbelle! :) When I had my HSG done last year, I found it very uncomfortable, but it varies for everyone and I think that it would have helped if I took some ibuprofen beforehand like Bma suggested!

Thanks starlight! I'm super excited
Are your injection subcutaneous or intramuscular ?
Mine are subcutaneous . I've done them before and I swear they do not hurt. You jan it in your skin like a dart and push the meds in. That's the part that stings --- the meds sting. The actual needle poking is painless. I was so scared at first and my first reaction was to jab it and pull it out immediately so I ended up poking myself twice for no reason!! :haha:
After that first tw swine does it for you, you'll probably be able to do it yourself!! ;)

scerena, must be a really exciting time for you and totally understandable that it is scary too, but we are all here for you! I am thing that best case scenario is that they run some tests in May and that I can begin to cycle in June? I hope that I am able to cycle sometime this summer, but will try my best to be patient, haha. Easier said then done. In the meantime, will live vicariously through you :)

babylove - welcome!! that is thrilling that you will be starting BCP then stimming so soon. How long have you been TTC? It is a wonderful group of ladies here, look forward to hearing more about you and your journey!

Kismat - yay, awesome that we are in similar situations!! That is amazing that you are going to one of the best places in the country for IVF - we can use all of the extra help ew can get! I look forward to hearing about your consult. In the meantime, are you on natural cycles? I have been on natural cycles since end of Feb.

Yes we are on natural cycle this month...i'm still taking the metformin per doc's orders. but that's it. it's sooo great though not being on clomid. i've been temping and right now just waiting to O. but having fun in the bedroom!!! which is always the best. i bought cheapie o sticks...i see a light line, but nothing dark dark....you too keep me posted on how your consult goes...

Thanks Bma! I will definitely try to psych myself up to do the injections myself, but at least I have some back-ups in case I can't do it, haha. It is good to know that you find it is not so bad. I have no idea what types of injections I will have but hopefully will get a better idea within the next month!

Yes we are on natural cycle this month...i'm still taking the metformin per doc's orders. but that's it. it's sooo great though not being on clomid. i've been temping and right now just waiting to O. but having fun in the bedroom!!! which is always the best. i bought cheapie o sticks...i see a light line, but nothing dark dark....you too keep me posted on how your consult goes...

Funny, we posted at the same time :) Yes it is so nice to be on a natural cycle and enjoy some romping in the bedroom with no pressure. It feels very liberating, haha. We always had timed intercourse before so there was always all this pressure around certain times to get the timing right and it took the fun out of it all. Where are you at in your cycle right now?

Funny, we posted at the same time :) Yes it is so nice to be on a natural cycle and enjoy some romping in the bedroom with no pressure. It feels very liberating, haha. We always had timed intercourse before so there was always all this pressure around certain times to get the timing right and it took the fun out of it all. Where are you at in your cycle right now?

I'm on CD16, but i see alot of stringy mucuous so i'm thinking it's a good sign. just going with the flow now. what about you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->