Buddies wanted--Starting IVF April 2013-June 2013!

Hi Everyone, I am new to this thread and this section of the forum. I have been on the TTC section for quite some time, but now we have had our first appointment for IVF I thought I would move over here. :)

Hubby and I have been TTC 1 and 1/2 years and we have found that I have cysts on y ovaries and hubby has below average morphology of his swimmers.

We have been referred for IVF, and hoping to start around May/June time.

I have to have the HSG Dye Test done first, then they will put me on clomid, and then we will start the IVF process.

We are in the UK so having it done through the NHS, I am not 100% sure how many tries we get before we have to start paying.

Anyone else had the HSG Test done?

x x

Hello and welcome!! Yes i had the HSG Test done when we first started going through tests for why we can't pregnant. It's not bad, just take some tylenol before you go maybe about 2 hours before...that helps alot!!!! pretty much they put dye through your tubes to make sure they are open...it helps clean them out if there is anything miscellaneous in them....good luck!!!!

Ant wait to stop these bcps I keep forgetting to take them until a couple hours later :dohh:

Bma thanks Hun I will send you my email shortly :) thanks :)

starlight where is your trip too? I'm glad you're keeping busy to distract yourself :)

Thank you ladies.

Scerena - my April 20th appointment is actually my cd21 which i believe is to check my ovaries response to the BCP. I have PCOS

Hope you are all doing great

Starlight- I told my RE I can't do any intramuscular injections. It freaked me out so bad. So, he said it can all be done subcutaneous . Which is just in the belly, a short baby needle not a long one. I hear the intramuscular aren't as bad as I'm making it out to be but sheesh the needles are frightening! But they really are a breeze, ice before and ice after. :)

Serena- I was wondering if I had to take the BCP at the same hour every day, if so... It's not going to happen. I forget as well. So I'm doing good if I take it every morning before I walk out the door! :dohh:

Kismat- stringy CM is fertile :) yay. Hope you get your bfp naturally. You deserve it <3

sekky that is good :) will you start DR that day??? I have PCOS too! Hope you're responding how you should be :)

Bma I'm the same I remember sometimes like hours later :dohh: I hope it's not messing me up for my scan thurs!!! I've noticed I didn't bleed all day then had a tiny bit of old blood when I wiped :grr: this sucks! Can't wait to get off them !!! Bet you cant either!!!

:wave: Hi to the new ladies! I hope everyone is well!

As for me, I'm still waiting on AF to show! CD 36 and nothing! Before my surgery I had 31-32 day cycles. I was worried everything would get all screwy after my surgery. I know I'm not pregnant because we were told to use protection until April due to the methotrexate I was given. If she hasn't arrived by Monday, I will call my dr and see what he says.

Serena & sekky- how many follicles did you girls normally have before stimulation starts?
I kinda self diagnosed myself with PCOS. When I went to do my baseline I had 10 + follicles on each side. & my amh is 5.5.

Lucie- hope she shows soon :hugs:

lucie I hope that af hurries up!!! Always the way- stays away when you want it and is early or on time when you don't want it :dohh: I took provera in the end to get my af....
Hoping yours shows ASAP!!!

bma I use to have loads at my baseline scan, when I went to the new clinic they scanned me at my consultation and I had around 13+ on each ovary, fx'd we both manage to get a good number of eggs- I need a MINIMUM of 8 as I've got to share with my recipient I'm hoping for a good number hopefully much higher than 8 :)

Usually ladies with pcos have a high AMH... To have that many follicles would indicate pcos- have they tested your testosterone levels as that would confirm pcos?

We have different levels of testing here in the uk- I see 2.2 is high where you are :)

Mines 35.05 and here 15 is a normal AMH level, I've heard it's different the way they measure elsewhere we measure in pmol/L and elsewhere measure ng/ml :)

Bma Found this chart-

https://www.babymed.com/fertility-tests/antimullerian-hormone-amh

We've both optimal fertility :) they measure in pmol/L in the UK and ng/mg where you are :)

lucie I hope that af hurries up!!! Always the way- stays away when you want it and is early or on time when you don't want it :dohh: I took provera in the end to get my af....
Hoping yours shows ASAP!!!

bma I use to have loads at my baseline scan, when I went to the new clinic they scanned me at my consultation and I had around 13+ on each ovary, fx'd we both manage to get a good number of eggs- I need a MINIMUM of 8 as I've got to share with my recipient I'm hoping for a good number hopefully much higher than 8 :)

Usually ladies with pcos have a high AMH... To have that many follicles would indicate pcos- have they tested your testosterone levels as that would confirm pcos?

We have different levels of testing here in the uk- I see 2.2 is high where you are :)

Mines 35.05 and here 15 is a normal AMH level, I've heard it's different the way they measure elsewhere we measure in pmol/L and elsewhere measure ng/ml :)

My RE says I do not have PCOS. That is why I always say self diagnosed. :) when I took my preliminary bloodwork and all that when I first saw the RE, I had an elevated dhea in my blood. This is what that is : DHEA is a hormone produced by your adrenal glands -- two small bean shaped organs that sit atop your kidneys. DHEA serves as a precursor to androgens, male sex hormones responsible for male masculine characteristics, and estrogens, female sex hormones responsible for the female reproductive cycle. According to the Mayo Clinic, DHEA levels peak in your 20s and decline steadily after age 30.

And then this : . Certain hormonal conditions, such as polycystic ovarian syndrome -- a common hormone disorder characterized by small cysts on your ovaries -- can result from high DHEA levels.
***** RE told me that women normally have higher dhea levels when on their period, and I was at the time, if I recall, I took another test and it was fine.*** but my LH is always a tad higher that FSH , I have chin hair (coarse) and back acne (I can remember being 18 with back acne..) like a bump here and there. but I have regular menstraul cycles, like clock work and the opk say I ovulate. And my insulin is fine. So, I do believe I have a form of PCOS and that couple with the fact that I have endometriosis too, no wonder I haven't gotten pregnant! Oh, I'm 27. And thanks for that link, the one I looked up said that the higher the number I can't remember the range meant a good indicator of PCOS!

I guess if I have PCOS it doesn't really matter since I'm doing ivf?

bma yep pcos doesn't matter when doing Ivf really, I have pcos quite bad as in very irregular cycles...
You will be fine, with High amh they will just keep more of an eye on you with doses etc... Yes that's true a high amh is a strong indication of pcos so is a load of follicles. But usually pcos people tend to have irregular cycles and high testosterone... But I'm not sure maybe you have a mild case?

Anyhow Ivf by-passes the pcos, pcos ladies have a higher risk of miscarriage but with Ivf you will be given progesterone to help anyway from after EC :)

Helo Ladies...i see soo many newbies in here...welcome:flower:

starlight- yess Hun...i have convinced my DH to do the injectibles...i Got my schedule..they gave a sheet with the cycle days and meds markked..Few days i have 3 injectibles on the same day..lupron,follistim n low dose hcg...:wacko:

lucie-aww ! i wish Af comes real soon:hugs:

scerena- how you doin girl?? its just been 4 days on bcp and am already starting to have sore bbs!!

i had my saline sono yday...have a polyp:cry:which needs to be removed before the transfer..they'l be doing a hysteroscopy after ER . That would delay my ET a little more...well well...i hope we al end up wid a baby or two ..it would be so much worth all this stress!
I finally have my schedule calender !lupron starts on 21st april...last bcp on 25th!!i'l be starting stimming on 2nd may :happydance: They would do another baseline ultrasound and bloodwork that day...!

anyone stimming around the same time???

bma- heyy! :hi: am having a hysteroscopy to remove a polyp...do you have any idea about the cost?? my insurance doesnot cover infertility...:(

Mission_mommy~ mine was $650 and anesthesia was like $108. My insurance doesn't cover fertility either BUT they cover treatments for things that can be causing infertility. Does that make sense? So, they covered most of the Hysterscopy, blood work, genetic tests, laparacopy etc. but it is definitely worth the money as polyps take up a big portion and can hinder implantation! Hope the prices are reasonable for you!!

mission hey Hun :) I'm good thanks scan thurs- so nervous about it scared I'm going to have a cyst or something...

Sorry to hear you have a polyp, will all be worth the stress Hun :)

If my scan goes okay I should be having EC around 2nd may but if something is up then that could delay stimming... Either way we will share some of the cycle together :)

I'm so hoping this thread is lucky and we all get our bfps fx'd!!!

So exciting once you get your dates isn't it :)

AF arrived! I can start my BC tonight! From what I've been told, I'll start lupron on the 19th, then I go in for a baseline on the 24th. So excited to get things going!

lucie:wohoo: brilliant news :happydance: I am so happy for you I bet you cannot wait to get started :)

I'm hopefully stimming around 18th so we will be pretty close maybe? How do frozen cycles work ie ET dates?

Good news lucie! Excited for you as well!!

lucie:wohoo: brilliant news :happydance: I am so happy for you I bet you cannot wait to get started :)

I'm hopefully stimming around 18th so we will be pretty close maybe? How do frozen cycles work ie ET dates?

I know that I will be doing lupron, then adding estrogen tablets, then crinone. From what I understand, the lupron will "quiet" down my ovaries, then the estrogen will help build up my lining. I know I will have to have my estrogen and lining checked several times. When everything looks good, they will do the transfer.

They only do FETs one week a month at my clinic, so they are able to manipulate my cycle to accomodate their schedule.

Thanks I get it now :) how exciting :) how many frosties will you have out back??? Have you decided yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->