Buddies wanted--Starting IVF April 2013-June 2013!

It seems like everyones pregnancy is flying by but mine LOL

BabyDreamer how exciting you're not far from NT and 2nd Tri!!

I know it's so crazy to think by Christmas I'll be in second tri!! How are you feeling Brandy?

I am feeling well and when I dont it's not worth complaining about thats for sure! These little ones are worth every ache and pain ;) I am just so excited to be getting close to VDay and then to start looking at other milestones later in my pregnancy.

I have to say the longest for me so far has been the 12-24 week stretch... I dont know why it just was.

Oh I see you're in Cali!! The good thing about that is if you have the maternit21 test then you get the results back quickly if you're already in Cali. I am in Oregon and got the results in just 5 business days when others way upwards of 10-14 business days.

Make sure to update us to let us know what you're having and that everything is good :)

I can't believe you're already almost 24 weeks Brandy! You're more than halfway there! I'm dying to be far enough along to have my belly pop and feel movement! I know what you mean about not complaining when you don't feel great. Even sick as a dog with the flu I find myself rubbing my tummy and smiling :)

MMbelle - I have 19 left. We go to the doctor today for our follow up. I just hope we get to try again soon.

MMbelle - I have 19 left. We go to the doctor today for our follow up. I just hope we get to try again soon.

I am so happy for you that you have so many eggs left that you will be able to try again.

GL today :)

That's an awesome number of eggs Babylove! Hang in there :) let us know how your appt went.

I tested this morning... :bfp: :happydance: I still can't believe it!!! So freakin excited!! Here is a picture! I know the line is still light, but hoping and praying it gets darker the next few days!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 5
Congrats MMBelle!!! :happydance:

Doctor's appt went okay yesterday. She said everything looked great and the FET went perfectly. She couldn't find any reason why it didn't work other than it probably wasn't a viable embryo. We are going to try the same protocol one more time. I asked if I need the PIO and she said everything looked so great this cycle that she wouldn't recommend it. She gave me the option though if it would make me feel better. I decided to go with her advice for this next one, we will only be transferring one again. If this one doesn't work, then we'll change protocol for the next cycle. She did say I could do the crinone gel twice a day instead of once too, if that would make me feel better, so we are going to try that. We'll start with my next cycle so if it comes on time, transfer would be somewhere around January 16th. Maybe third times a charm...??

Congrats mmbelle!!! :). Let us know how it progresses!!

BabyLove, I hope third time's a charm for you! It was for us :)

MM- That is a fanfreakingtastic BFP! It's not that faint to me dear... I didn't even have to open the picture to see the 2nd line! You deserve it congratulations!! keep us updated ;)

Baby- Thats awesome that you will be able to go right into another FET instead of having to wait anymore cycles. I wish you the very best. You're very lucky to have the extra frosties so that you can try again. FX for you that this is your time.

Thank you ladies!! I am excited but it's different this time... I am a lot more guarded I guess. But still positive and can't wait to test again tomorrow morning, and see a darker line :)

babylove: That is awesome you get to try again so soon! and lucky you don't need the PIO! I used crinone too it's a breeze :) I wish I had 19 frosties!!!! Seriously that is awesome!

I will keep you all updated!

Thank you ladies!! I am excited but it's different this time... I am a lot more guarded I guess. But still positive and can't wait to test again tomorrow morning, and see a darker line :)

babylove: That is awesome you get to try again so soon! and lucky you don't need the PIO! I used crinone too it's a breeze :) I wish I had 19 frosties!!!! Seriously that is awesome!

I will keep you all updated!

I totally feel you with the 'guarded' comment. I had my only natural BFP (during this 4 year ttc) 2 weeks after seeing the IVF doctor and thought for sure that was it and I wasnt going to have to go through with it. Sadly I lost the little one and went on to IVF... When I got this positive it took me forever to finally get excited and let the guard down some.

It will come :hugs:

Congratulations mmbelle...so very happy for you...its a clear bfp...brandy id right the line is easy to see.
I am sure it will get darker..praying for you!

Baby love- glad that you are having another fet soon and wishing that third times the charm for you... :hugs:

Brandy- omg! You are approaching vday..I can't wait to reach where you are... It feels faraway!

Starlight and August- of you are still following this thread please let us know how you guys and you little ones are doing.

Congrats MMBelle!!! :happydance:

Doctor's appt went okay yesterday. She said everything looked great and the FET went perfectly. She couldn't find any reason why it didn't work other than it probably wasn't a viable embryo. We are going to try the same protocol one more time. I asked if I need the PIO and she said everything looked so great this cycle that she wouldn't recommend it. She gave me the option though if it would make me feel better. I decided to go with her advice for this next one, we will only be transferring one again. If this one doesn't work, then we'll change protocol for the next cycle. She did say I could do the crinone gel twice a day instead of once too, if that would make me feel better, so we are going to try that. We'll start with my next cycle so if it comes on time, transfer would be somewhere around January 16th. Maybe third times a charm...??

Before you go in for the transfer do they show you the picture of your embryo and tell you the grade of the embryo as well?
A lady in my moms group said something interesting the other day when a girl asked about FET. She said the frozen embryos are usually stronger because they have to survive the thawing process. Makes since but obviously I'm no doctor.. But was just wondering if they told you the grade of the embryo and if that has any correlation to the viability ?

Also- she doesn't want to give you steroids at all? Sometimes our bodies attack the embryo as a foreign being or whatever you say.... Okay well I'm glad she said everything was perfect! I hope and pray this third time works! :)

BMA - No they don't show us a picture but they go over how the thawing went and the grade of the embryo. All three we've used so far were 5AA (I believe this is their highest grade) and all had assisted hatching. This last one survived the thaw just fine and was 95% expanded. She said looking at it, there was nothing wrong but we didn't do any kind of PGD testing so even though it looked great, it still could not have been viable. The next one we plan to transfer is also a 5AA. My full protocol does include steroids, I didn't give the complete list last time, sorry about that. The full list includes Letrazole, Follistim, Estradiol, Prednisone, Crinone Gel, Doxycycline, Ovidrel and baby aspirin. She also added Dexamethasone this time, which is another type of steroid. I think the Prednisone I took until the day after transfer and now the Dexamethasone I'll take once I finish the Prednisone. Hopefully it works this time! If not, we'll definitely be changing the protocol for the next one. I'm just really scared to transfer to again, but after this one, all the rest of our vials have two embryos each. If they thaw two and they both survive, we've already decided two transfer both. I wouldn't feel right discarding one. Thanks for keeping us in mind!! Sounds like everything is going great on your end and you're getting so close :happydance:

Yea I remember you having a lot of top notch embryos!!

This sounds promising :) I can totally understand you being scared to transfer two next time but can also see why yall would decide to do exactly that. After my twins are born and healthy and all that I am not going to pay the yearly storage fee for my 11 embryos left. I feel a weird pull towards them but I mean we do not want any more kids. BUT I did call to make sure that when I chose to donate to research that it would strictly be for fertility and not anything else. Otherwise I may have chosen to destroy them. And that just breaks my heart but I mean it is what it is.

Everything is going well on my end. Not working anymore in hopes that they stay in full term. I'm a big ball of anxiety. :wacko:

Anyways I'm excited for you... Jan 16 will be here before we know it!!

Yeah I'm hoping to be able to have maybe three children with the embryos we have. If we have any left after that, I really don't know what we will do with them. I haven't let myself think that far ahead yet. I am going to try my best to enjoy Christmas and New Year's, have a glass of wine or two :wine:

MMBelle - Any updates on your tests? Are they getting darker?

Babylove: I tested again this morning and it was a little bit darker than yesterday. I'm excited but still nervous. :) that'll be nice to just enjoy the holidays, relax, and start fresh next year! I can't believe how many great quality embryos you have!! I'm just a little jealous ;)

Hey Ladies!! Hope everyone is doing well and Mmbelle, hope your tests keep getting darker! BabyLove, I hope your are doing ok and I just know your forever baby is in that batch of frozen embies!! Lucky duck to have so many you could end up with your own VonTrapp Family :haha:.

I had my 12 week first tri NT screening today and the baby sure put on a show! He/She was dancing all around, kicking and sucking their thumb! :happydance: All measurement were in normal range but we get the full results back in a week including the gender!:happydance: Best Christmas present I could ask for :cloud9:. Baby is measuring at 12 weeks 2 days.
Here's a snap from today:

Attachments

• BabyPanda_12weeks_small.jpg
    BabyPanda_12weeks_small.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member