Buddies wanted--Starting IVF April 2013-June 2013!

bma-Thank u Hun:) i hope my insurance covers a part of it too..they did cover the labs and genetic testing..so i gues they'l cover this too...the cost u paid is quite reasonable..it would be like around 2000-4000 without insurance...:(

lucie-heyyy thats great!:hugs:!! i'l be starting lupron on 21st..but luckily for you u have the frosties waiting and dont have to go through the stimming part...how many are you planning to transfer????

scerena-aww..dont ya worry Hun:hugs:..your scan wil be perfect...loads of goodluck:thumbup:!!!
well...yeaa ,its very exciting now that we have the dates:)

scerena, we are off to Barcelona on the 20th, so less than two weeks now. DH and I both have never been so very excited for it. We will be staying there for a week and will be renting an apartment right downtown. Then the day after we get back home we have our IVF consult, so really exciting! i hope your scan this week goes well xxoo

bma, for the injections, the ice before and ice after tip helps! I also have "self-diagnosed" PCOS as I historically had quite irregular cycles, high levels of testosterone, and cysts on ovaries, but for some reason my doctor said that he did not think that I had PCOS, which I didn't quite understand!

missionmommy, that is great that you have DH lined up to do your shots, I have prepped my DH for that as well! I told him that I would try to do them myself but most likely would chicken out and need help lol. sorry that the polyp removal will delay the transfer but you're right that it is best to get all these items out of the way to increase the chances of a healthy sticky bean. do you know when you will be able to have it removed?

lucie, how exciting that AF has come and that things are all going happen so quickly now! yay!

Sounds like you are almost there! I recently started a new cycle (2nd natural post-clomid) and am on CD7 today!

i hope so...i don't know if i o'd or not. i took a o test each day starting last thursday but nothing. there was a semi dark line on friday but that was also after quite sometime. so who knows. i never trust those tests cause of my pcos. we just had fun so let's see what happens. my temps are still pretty low though. FF says i haven't o'd yet. good luck to you as well!!

Starlight- I told my RE I can't do any intramuscular injections. It freaked me out so bad. So, he said it can all be done subcutaneous . Which is just in the belly, a short baby needle not a long one. I hear the intramuscular aren't as bad as I'm making it out to be but sheesh the needles are frightening! But they really are a breeze, ice before and ice after. :)

Serena- I was wondering if I had to take the BCP at the same hour every day, if so... It's not going to happen. I forget as well. So I'm doing good if I take it every morning before I walk out the door! :dohh:

Kismat- stringy CM is fertile :) yay. Hope you get your bfp naturally. You deserve it <3

hahahaha that's what i always thought but let's see. thanks soooo much!!! i got a call from my ivf doc to change our appt to a day earlier. so i'm really happy about that!!!! a week from this wed!!! can't wait to go, never thought i would be saying this...

kismat, with irregular cycles it can be tricky to figure out when you O! I pretty much gave up on opks and temping because it drove me crazy, haha. The only indicator I have now for O is that breast tenderness right after O - always happens like clockwork for a day or two post-O for me. Drawback is that this doesn't predict O, just lets me know when it has happened already. Oh SO exciting that your appointment got moved up a day and is a week from Wed!!!!!

kismat, with irregular cycles it can be tricky to figure out when you O! I pretty much gave up on opks and temping because it drove me crazy, haha. The only indicator I have now for O is that breast tenderness right after O - always happens like clockwork for a day or two post-O for me. Drawback is that this doesn't predict O, just lets me know when it has happened already. Oh SO exciting that your appointment got moved up a day and is a week from Wed!!!!!

Yep exactly....i have no idea if i o'd or not. i'm not worrying about it. whatever happens happens. atleast i know why i'm not getting pregnant...we are alot stronger and educated now than a little over a year ago. just waiting for the appt. to start the process. i hope i get some indication or something if i O'd. my hubby was like ask our old doc to do an ultrasound. see what's going on. but i was like naaa we'll just let it be.

Starlight- I told my RE I can't do any intramuscular injections. It freaked me out so bad. So, he said it can all be done subcutaneous . Which is just in the belly, a short baby needle not a long one. I hear the intramuscular aren't as bad as I'm making it out to be but sheesh the needles are frightening! But they really are a breeze, ice before and ice after. :)

Serena- I was wondering if I had to take the BCP at the same hour every day, if so... It's not going to happen. I forget as well. So I'm doing good if I take it every morning before I walk out the door! :dohh:

Kismat- stringy CM is fertile :) yay. Hope you get your bfp naturally. You deserve it <3

hahahaha that's what i always thought but let's see. thanks soooo much!!! i got a call from my ivf doc to change our appt to a day earlier. so i'm really happy about that!!!! a week from this wed!!! can't wait to go, never thought i would be saying this...

That same day I go in for baseline u/s & bloodwork! :happydance: going to be a good day for us! Are you going for a consult or to get started on the protocol?!?

mission thanks Hun :hugs: hope you're doing okay???

lucie I want two back also :) fx'd they let me, I k ow it's my decision but because of my age etc they only say one unless its day 3 but if we get to day 5 I'm going to ask fight for 2 :)

starlight Barcelona sounds so nice :) be you can't wait to stay downtown too :) how exciting your holiday and then a day afterwards your IVF consult :)

kismat gl for your appointment Hun :hugs: I hope you have ovulated or that you're about to :hugs:

bma hey :) hope you're okay???

Serena- hey there! I am still just waiting and still very excited!

I want to put 2 back in as well. My RE said that he would. I told him I had a fear of only putting one back and it not implanting or miscarrring. I figure if we put two back I'm hopefully guaranteed one. There's the vanishing twin syndrome and then just the whole implanting process. I saw a regular client today and her DIL is going into labor any day now. She did IVF & put two back and got two originally, but ended up with one. So, my fears are pretty common because it happens!! Fight for it!! :)

bma yes if m lucky enough to have two top grade embryos I will be fighting for two back as I have all the same fears as you :hugs:

I've got a feeling that I have a cyst as I'm getting a sharp pain every now and then in my ovaries... Fx'd I don't its worrying me now for my scan on thurs :(

bma yes if m lucky enough to have two top grade embryos I will be fighting for two back as I have all the same fears as you :hugs:

I've got a feeling that I have a cyst as I'm getting a sharp pain every now and then in my ovaries... Fx'd I don't its worrying me now for my scan on thurs :(

hey Hun,,,i have been having twinging pain in my ovaries too..i gues its the BCP harmones playin around....my RE said the BCPs would shrink any cyst if already present...so just hope for the best:hugs:

That same day I go in for baseline u/s & bloodwork! :happydance: going to be a good day for us! Are you going for a consult or to get started on the protocol?!?

That's going to be a great day indeed!!! We go in for our consult. I wish it was for protocol. But it's the first step in IVF for us, so just super excited and nervous at the same time. But hopefully we will know what we will be doing as well.

mission thanks Hun :hugs: hope you're doing okay???

lucie I want two back also :) fx'd they let me, I k ow it's my decision but because of my age etc they only say one unless its day 3 but if we get to day 5 I'm going to ask fight for 2 :)

starlight Barcelona sounds so nice :) be you can't wait to stay downtown too :) how exciting your holiday and then a day afterwards your IVF consult :)

kismat gl for your appointment Hun :hugs: I hope you have ovulated or that you're about to :hugs:

bma hey :) hope you're okay???

Thanks so much!! I hope I O'd as well, see how the natural cycle works out. I'm going to ask my new doc next wed. what are we going to do for my periods if i don't have regular ones. see what he says.

mission mummy aw thanks you've helped ease my mind I've been stressing over it!!!! I hope th bfp is doing that as we chat fx'd!!!

kismat looking forward to your app for you :) I hope that they give you an idea of dates and your protocol :hugs:

starlight- Barcelona sounds exciting!:happydance:!! Hope you have a great time Hun!! i wish i could take a vacation too...anything to take my mind off all these things!!
My RE told u that we would have it removed after the ER...am freezing my embryos til my tsh comes back to normal which may take around 2-3 months:( ..so they'l be doin a hysteroscopy in june or july...they'l let 1 cycle pass for the healing to take place...and then the ET....which feels like eternity!!:cry:

Serena- I hope they aren't cysts!!! But from last wed to Friday my ovaries were kind if hurting like bloated and a dull ache feeling. Never felt it before. Nurse told me she didn't know what it could be ? Maybe just the BCP.

hi girls!

Good to hear everyone's news. So exciting that things are starting for some of us.

I had my teach-in today for my meds. I am expecting AF to arrive on Thursday. I had gone for it in March around O time hoping and praying for a last minute natural BFP but did a HPT this morning before my appointment and it was a BFN.

So i have all my meds waiting and my sheet of doses - i'm on the antagonist protocol so am doing jabs of 300iu of Gonal-F from CD2 and will be adding 2 more jabs on CD7 (0.25mg of Cetrotide and 75iu of Luveris). Should finish stimming on around CD12-14 then do my trigger for ER. So probably ER on around 24 April and hoping for a day-5 blasto transfer of 2 blastos.

Wish me luck! will let you know when AF starts and I'm all systems go. Not looking forward to the injections and kind of sad that we weren't able to do it naturally, but also excited and apprehensive for the next few weeks. We will know by around 10th May if it has worked or not so at least it is a short cycle...x

hi girls!

Good to hear everyone's news. So exciting that things are starting for some of us.

I had my teach-in today for my meds. I am expecting AF to arrive on Thursday. I had gone for it in March around O time hoping and praying for a last minute natural BFP but did a HPT this morning before my appointment and it was a BFN.

So i have all my meds waiting and my sheet of doses - i'm on the antagonist protocol so am doing jabs of 300iu of Gonal-F from CD2 and will be adding 2 more jabs on CD7 (0.25mg of Cetrotide and 75iu of Luveris). Should finish stimming on around CD12-14 then do my trigger for ER. So probably ER on around 24 April and hoping for a day-5 blasto transfer of 2 blastos.

Wish me luck! will let you know when AF starts and I'm all systems go. Not looking forward to the injections and kind of sad that we weren't able to do it naturally, but also excited and apprehensive for the next few weeks. We will know by around 10th May if it has worked or not so at least it is a short cycle...x

Good luck! My ER is estimated to be April 29! I'm already on BCP though!!

I feel the same way I was hoping to get bfp naturally as well after 3 failed iui's, but oh well. This is where we are at, let's enjoy & be excited!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->