Buddies wanted--Starting IVF April 2013-June 2013!

Excited for all of the ladies to start their cycles!!! I'm super excited for next wed. to come that's our consult. wish it was yesterday but we are getting closer!!!!

bma I will probably test a few days early as I know I'm impatient but I want to try not to but I don't think I'll survive not testing :haha: I'm not going to test from the off though... I feel ready too :) will be good to have a cycle buddy :)

kismat fx'd weds hurries around for you :) 6 days until your consult :happydance:

Bma-sounds really exciting..my meds also arrive in a day or two!
After listening to ya all brave ladies i think i'l gather courage and do the injections myself:thumbup: icing is the perfect idea!!GL for your baselines Hun:hugs:
everhopeful- Pray you get your BFP:hugs:

mission I thought I was going to faint the first time I done it, after that I was fine, but do what ever you feel comfortable with if you prefer oh to do it then let him do it :)

Yes it should be around may 2nd :) could be before or after by about then :)

your ER wil be around the time i start my stims...yayyy..we'l be soo much into the process!!!

mission that is good not long really until you stim :) can't wait for you to get started :)

ttcbaby how are you???

bma I will probably test a few days early as I know I'm impatient but I want to try not to but I don't think I'll survive not testing :haha: I'm not going to test from the off though... I feel ready too :) will be good to have a cycle buddy :)

I think I might start testing the couple days after trigger. During my lasts IUI cycle I didn't test out the trigger and then just jumped into taking it and then on the second day of testing the line got a touch darker and so I thought I was pregnant and then the dang line faded.:dohh: So, I learned my lesson. Either test out the trigger or wait until a day or 2 before the beta.

bma we don't have a beat at my clinic we just get given a day to take a hpt... ,y trigger goes quickly from previous cycles, plus I won't take it as a line until its dark (if I'm lucky) fx'd we get bfps I really hope we do :hugs:
Will be fun following your tests daily :)

Thanks, the reason I ask is because I see you suffer from ovarian cysts. I am doing gonal f and on a other forum they said gonal f increases chances of cysts more than follistim or bravelle. Now I'm concerned.

So definitely not a bfp for me this cycle :nope:

Went in this morning for blood work and start my bcps on Sunday :happydance:

I know there are a few of you who are about to or have already started stimming! Good luck ladies and let me know what to expect... I've never given myself shots before. My husband has given me a few but not to this extent. I think all of mine with be subcutaneous though. I'm excited and nervous!

Thanks, the reason I ask is because I see you suffer from ovarian cysts. I am doing gonal f and on a other forum they said gonal f increases chances of cysts more than follistim or bravelle. Now I'm concerned.

You should call the doctor, I'm very interested to know.

Baby love- sorry for the bfn, but yay for starting ivf! So exciting. It's going to go by so fast! My last BCP is tomorrow so I know.

Definitely ice the area before and grab the skin where you will do the shot, the just jab it in the skin like a dart, and push the meds in and then ice it after. The only thing that hurts is a slight sting from the meds. And then after a while it gets a little sore but nothing unbearable !

Yeah she responded to my email and said that there is no evidence that gonal f causes more cysts than follistim. She said they are basically the same where one is alpha and one is beta...he said that some women do respond better to one than the other and that I did respond really well to gonal F....though on my second time taking it did make 2 cysts....she said that could happen with follistim also! I just have to trust she is doing what is best for me.

Yeah she responded to my email and said that there is no evidence that gonal f causes more cysts than follistim. She said they are basically the same where one is alpha and one is beta...he said that some women do respond better to one than the other and that I did respond really well to gonal F....though on my second time taking it did make 2 cysts....she said that could happen with follistim also! I just have to trust she is doing what is best for me.

Yep, I just spoke with my nurse and she said the same thing. She gave me the option of taking either one. That's good to know.

Baby love- sorry for the bfn, but yay for starting ivf! So exciting. It's going to go by so fast! My last BCP is tomorrow so I know.

Definitely ice the area before and grab the skin where you will do the shot, the just jab it in the skin like a dart, and push the meds in and then ice it after. The only thing that hurts is a slight sting from the meds. And then after a while it gets a little sore but nothing unbearable !

Thanks bma. Yours is moving fast, you're almost there! I can't wait to hear that it worked AND you have twins. It would be crazy if we were pregnant at the same time with twins :dance: I'm with you, if I am going to spend the money, I wouldn't complain about having twins. At this point though, as long as it is a healthy baby, I will be happy.

I'll probably have my husband doing the sticking. He starts as an operator in training on Monday so he'll be in classes for at least the first six weeks. He should be home in time to do them for me. I'm a big baby!

I want healthy too :) but like we talked the other day we all have twins in both our families! That's crazy in itself! We haven't made it public that we are doing ivf, mainly because I don't want people to ask me how things are every step of the way or if it fails I don't want to have to tell them. Plus, don't really want dh's ex wife to get wind of it, that's why the kids don't know either. So, if I got twins its not so unbelievable! Haha

you are lucky that he can handle it, mine can not and twinges when he actually watched one night. And he was an emt, crazy! My DH is an operator too! That's pretty cool he's doing that. Good money.... Well with overtime and that sucks. Will he be on the typical operator shift work schedule?

We were trying to keep it private but found it was impossible with my family. It wasn't going to happen. My brother is getting married in July and I am in the wedding so I had to kind of plan around all of that. Plus we decided to do a garage sale-type benefit to try and raise money for the medication. Mine is costing me about $3000.00 :help: But, we made enough to cover it and then some. The support we've gotten from family and friends is unreal. DH's friends from the Marine Corps were mailing us money and items for the sale. It was amazing.
Yeah, it's definitely a possibility for twins with us! And I totally understand about needing to keep it private for now.
DH doesn't like sticking me with the needles, but he'll do it b/c he knows there is no way I will. He won't be on the Dupont schedule (with the long change), he'll be four on days, four off, four on nights, four off, etc.

babylovesorry you didn't get your bfp :hugs: great news you start bcps Sunday :) the injections I find fine- I'm using menopur like I did on my other cycles (not IVF cycles) some sting a little but to be honest the needle is so so thin you will be fine :hugs: :hugs:

bma last bcp Sunday!!!! That's gone quick!!! What day should you start Stims??? How old are your ohs kids???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->