Buddies wanted--Starting IVF April 2013-June 2013!

We were told in the IVF seminar we attended that frozen semen is never as good as fresh. Freezing and thawing slow them down compared to a fresh sample. We have a frozen sample there already, I just worry about every little thing and I wasn't prepared for this. :nope:
I am waiting on the nurse to call me back and see what they think. If anything, I may have them take a second sample from him to freeze just in case... He won't be anywhere close to be able to come back if necessary so I wouldn't want to take any chances. BMA, that is crazy that you have to do that. Whatever works though. That was something I was going to ask about too. If I could bring one in the day of. He won't be headed out until the afternoon the day after our estimated ER day so we would have that morning too. I just don't know if he would be able to come to the clinic. I guess I'll have to wait and see what they say...

I'm doing well! Waiting for Wednesday :) how are you? Glad your headache went away!

bma thanks :hugs: :hugs: 2days and you will be starting!!! It's exciting isn't it :happydance:

woww!! so many ladies starting stimming around the same time!!!
scerena - glad you are feeling better:hugs: thursday is so near..excited for u and bma:)
babylove-aww:hugs:..i wish ur Dh dint have to go..i know how it feels like when you have so many hopes and so much money invested in this and you want everything to be perfect !! i hope the retrieval happens on the day ur Dh is able to make it...i agree with bma, u should voice your concerns to ur RE and see if they can do anything about it !
ttbaby- monday is just a week away....hope all goes well with your scan:thumbup:

We were told in the IVF seminar we attended that frozen semen is never as good as fresh. Freezing and thawing slow them down compared to a fresh sample. We have a frozen sample there already, I just worry about every little thing and I wasn't prepared for this. :nope:
I am waiting on the nurse to call me back and see what they think. If anything, I may have them take a second sample from him to freeze just in case... He won't be anywhere close to be able to come back if necessary so I wouldn't want to take any chances. BMA, that is crazy that you have to do that. Whatever works though. That was something I was going to ask about too. If I could bring one in the day of. He won't be headed out until the afternoon the day after our estimated ER day so we would have that morning too. I just don't know if he would be able to come to the clinic. I guess I'll have to wait and see what they say...

Ok gotcha! Thanks now I'm not freaking out like I was about not being able to freeze his.
Almost every IUI I did I had to collect dh's sperm that morning before he went to work. Hopefully you can too! I kept it in my bra like my RE specifically told me! And his count /motility and all this is always really good.

Scerena- hope you get to feeling better.

Kismat- I feel the same way! Wednesday can't get here soon enough!!!! :) good luck.

I know i'm like 1 more day....i'm expecting that they will tell us that we need to get bloodwork done and what not. we'll see though, atleast starting the process is great!!! what are you doing on wed. sorry i'm sure i read it but lost track of it...

Headache has gone since taking the paracetamol :) so glad!
I can't wait to get started on thurs :happydance:

kismat I can't wait to hear about your app on weds I hope you can get started ASAP!!!

bma thanks Hun :hugs: only two more days for you :)

ttcbaby I am really hoping that your cyst has gone!!! If it had when will you be getting started???
EDIT: just read your siggy you should start stims on the 22nd :) only be 4days apart on our cycle fx'd!!!

Thanks so much!! me too i can't wait to hear what we are going to do lol...i'm hoping that we will be able to start asap as well. i'm supposed to get AF next week. not sure if they would start that quickly or if tests have to be done this cycle. we will see.

mission thanks Hun :hugs: hope that you're doing okay??? :hugs:

kismat if af is due next week then fx'd you can start next week :) 1 more day until you find out :)

Hi ladies - really excited for all of you who will be stimming soon! I have my fingers crossed for you all and can't wait to hear more about it :) Sorry I have been a bit MIA as I haven't been coming on BnB as much in reach weeks - I think it is because I am on natural cycles right now as I wait for the consult, so for the first time in years, TTC isn't top of mind - which is strange! However, when we get to our consult at the end of the month, I know it will all change after that, lol. I just O'd over the weekend, so in my TWW now, but not holding my breath for anything to come of it - happy that I am having another "normal length" cycle and AF due around the consult, so timing works out! Hope all you ladies are doing great xxoo

This week is an exciting week for a lot of the ladies here! I am trying to keep track of where everyone stands. Hopefully we will all have BFPs soon! :happydance:

Mission - Thanks, that is exactly what I am feeling.

bma - I didn't mean to freak you out. I spoke with the nurse yesterday and she said if the frozen sample is a good one, then it really doesn't make much difference in the outcome, but if they can get a fresh sample, they would prefer it. Tomorrow is the big day right, starting stims?? GL! :hugs:

Scerena - GL to you as well! Thursday will be here quick! How long will you and bma be stimming?

ttcbaby and kismat - GL to you two as well! You both have big days tomorrow too right? :hugs:

So after talking with the nurse yesterday, she is supposed to speak with the doctor today and see about extending my bcps an extra week. That would put us past when the hubby will be out of town for the ER and ET. She said we could keep it the same and rely on frozen, since there was no way to guarantee the ER would be done before he left. If she gives us the option of extending, that is what we'll do. I would really like DH to be here if possible. If not, all I can do at this point is go with the flow. I have to keep telling myself that because I am NOT a "go with the flow" kind of person. But if I don't try, I think I might drive myself crazy!! :loopy:

Baby love- no worries, I freak out about everything! Because like you, I am not a go with the flow girl. I hope everything works out for you!

Starlight- hoping you get your bfp! :)

Kismat- good luck at your consult tomorrow, can't wait to hear what they say! Hopefully you can start ASAP. They could probably do all your bloodwork this week and start you on BCP when AF comes or whatever they have planned! Wait- haven't you had iui's with the RE? I haven't had to do any new blood work or anything since it hasn't been a year since I did blood work. If its over a year they make you do all the blood work again. (It may just be my clinics policy--- who knows )!

Ttcbaby- hope you are feeling better , praying that dang cyst is gone and you get to start stimming Monday! Oh--- how awesome about the gonal pen!

Scerena- 2 days for you :yipee:

babylove - I totally know what you mean about not being a "go with the flow" kind of person, lol. I like to plan and know what is happening but I, like you, have been trying to be more easy going about everything and take it day by day. Have my fingers crossed for you!

Bma - thanks! :) how are things going with you?

Kismat - can wait to hear all about your consult!! Like Bma said, hope you're able to get things going really soon.

I go in tomorrow for my baseline u/s and blood work and will most likely start stimming as long as everything looks good! I also have my teaching visit! :happydance: I'm excited tk get started. I had an awesome fun filled weekend just what I needed before my ivf journey!

Babylove - I do hope you get to postpone as I am sure you prefer to have DH there to take care of you!

BMA - fxed all is ok with your US and blood work tomorrow! I so excited for you!

AFM - I go in tomorrow to see if my cyst is gone if it is then I am starting my stims on Monday!

starlight I'm glad to hear that you will be having a normal length cycle and that if af comes it will be due around your consult time :) although I'm hoping this cycle gives you your miracle :) not long for your consult now :)

babylove thank you :hugs: not sure how long I will be stimming for, EC is estimated for 2 weeks after my first stim (2nd may) but not sure depends how the cycle goes I suppose :)

I'm no go with the flow person either... :dohh: I hope that you get to postpone!!!

Bma tomorrow is your big day :happydance: I am so excited for you :) hope everything goes well at your scan tomorrow and that stimming can begin :hugs:

ttcbaby I really hope that your scan goes fine tomorrow so that you can start Stims on Monday :hugs:

Here's my update:

Tonight will most likely be my first night if my blood work looks good! I just left the office. I'm excited but she told me something that is really freaking me out! Can't wait to meditate.

She said if my estrogen gets up to like 4000(I think that's the number) then they will have me do the lupron trigger instead of ovidrel. That means they would do ER and freeze them and I'd have to wait for my cycle to start and start on estrogen pills and patches and do progesterone in oil shots until the FET. I asked her if she sees this alot and she said no, but we do see it in our more younger patients and like you because you have a lot of follicles! Eeek. She did say I could come in and they'd give me the dang shot though. I'm so nervous about that happening, but I know she had to tell me.

Otherwise I'm excited to get started :happydance:

bma looking forward to your results I hope everything is fine and that you can take your first shot today :hugs:
Exciting times :happydance: :happydance:

bma - that is so exciting that you may be able to start today, hope your results come back soon and good!!

scerena - thanks! that is exactly what I was thinking, if we get our miracle this cycle that would be amazing, but if not, the ivf consult is right around the corner :) how are you doing??

starlight either way you have something to look forward to :) I'm good thanks I start Stimming tomorrow :)

!!! scerena that is so fantastic that you start stimming tomorrow. are you ready/excited? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->