Buddies wanted--Starting IVF April 2013-June 2013!

Good news lucie! Good luck with everything.

I hope my levels level out and aren't even higher. Wah. But after my initial upset I'm content with this if it should occur. They are doing everything in my best interest and I am so grateful for that! Ill just be doing what you are doing FET! Which my RE says is just as good if not better than a fresh cycle!

Captainj1 ~ :happydance: Good luck tonight with your trigger shot :yipee: So excited for you! So did you stim for 10 days?

Bizzibii ~ Good luck tomorrow morning with your scan. :hugs:

Bma11 - Is estradiol the LH hormone? I remember my FS telling me that my last iui-ivf cycle my LH rose up because of the lose dose of Lupron I was taking. What is a lupron trigger? Sorry so many questions maybe I should just google :blush: I'm just asking because I believe you are on the same meds as I will be on (same protocol). I already have issues with my LH being high so I don't know what to think about my upcoming cycle. Either way, I hope everything works out in your favor! Keep us posted :hugs:

Lucie ~ So glad everything is nice and quiet. When are they estimating your FET?

As for me ~ I'm 12 days away from stimming.

No worries Augusuvers!!

Estradiol is your estrogen level, if it get 4000+ it effects everything and puts me at risk for ohss (ovarian hyper stimulation)

Lupron trigger- good question that is a new one for me too. This is what I found :
More commonly we use Lupron to suppress an LH surge but it can be used as a trigger for ovulation. In a natural cycle using no drugs, a follicle develops over about 2 weeks, and then a LH surge causes ovulation. While Lupron causes the anterior pituitary to cease LH secretion, in the first 1-2 days of Lupron use, there is a strong release of LH. That’s why we normally give it early in the cycle, before follicles have developed. Premature ovulation does not occur when we give it early because there are no follicles to ovulate. It is this strong release of LH that makes Lupron a substitute for HCG trigger shot. The quick surge results in a very short blast of LH, which could take place over 1-2 hours. This is very similar to the body’s LH surge that takes place in a natural cycle. After that, the LH has left the system, ovulation occurs 36 hours later, and ovarian stimulation stops. HCG, on the other hand, stays in the body for several days.

If everything is fine I will trigger with ovidrel if my estrogen gets too high they will have me trigger with lupron so I won't get the ovarian hyper stimulation.

12days will go by fast :happydance:

BMA ~ thanks for the information! I pray you get to trigger with ovidrel. My FS doesn't use ovidrel with IVf he uses pregnyl. but its almost the same thing. Same needle and all. I know these days will pass by fast, especially when I have a completely booked and busy few weeks at work/home.

:hi:
Scan today showed that my lining was thickening up, loads of little follicles... Anyhow, they were waiting on my bloods, basically they called me when they come back and said bloods are okay... But they upped my dose to 225iu menopur and reduced my nasal spray to one sniff twice a day- she said they need to challenge my ovaries, next scan is on Friday... Hope this new dose helps fx'd!!!! She wasn't worried at all though she said it can take a while to get the dose right :shrug:

augustluvers sorry the pill made you feel so sick :hugs: I hope you don't get any more nausea :hugs:

captain BRILLIANT news :happydance: I bet you're well excited!!! Well done getting 10 big follicles can't wait to hear how many eggs they get on Friday :)

bizzibii why do you think they will cancel??? Gl with your scan tomorrow, I hope there are loads of follicles growing fx'd :hugs:

Bma Did they tell you how many follicles you have?? I hope that your levels come back okay and you don't need to freeze your eggs and wait for ET :hugs:

lucie great news that everything is going how it should be :)

Exciting news cabtainj1.
Bma11 how was the scan.? Im going for mine tomorrow morning. It will be the 8th day of stimms.
On the bright note, my headaches have stopped. Instead I feel huge and bloated now . Im praying for good news tomorrow because somewhere deep down I keep thinking they are going to cancel the cycle.

Hello to all the other ladies. ;-)

This is how I felt - headaches had stopped and i felt HUGE! and still do. Fingers crossed honey, i think its a really good sign if you are feeling bloated as it means the follicles are growing well!

x

Augustluvers- my nurse told me the desogen can make you nauseous (sp?) so she recommended I take it at night and with food.

Tonight will be day 8 of stims and I go in for my scan this morning!

Captain- good luck! How exciting. I'm glad your ultrasound tech gave you that boost of confidence! Are you stimming & triggering tonight? - jw, when I trigger I was told no stimming. But every protocol is different so I was jw!!! :)

Yep, last stims at 6pm and trigger at 10pm...almost there!

Well they just messaged me and my estrogen rose by 1301 so it's now at 2664. They have me coming back tomorrow morning . :/ of course I'm worried, but I will be fine.

It said I have 3-4 in each ovary but there were more than 4, that were measured. :shrug:

Ill have to ask tomorrow but does anyone know what size they want the follicles to be between to trigger?

Bma have they said what will happen tomorrow??? Hope that everything will be okay :hugs: 3-4 in each ovary- so d yo mean you have 6-8 measurable follicles??

They didn't tell me anything. I'm to stay at the same dosage tonight. I guess they are just monitoring my estrogen as well as everything else. If I'm reading my chart right it doesn't look like they are growing much.

[URL=https://s1287.photobucket.com/user/bma711/media/image_zps7bf46118.jpg.html][IMG]https://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/bma711/image_zps7bf46118.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

What was your follicle sizes???? I hope your estrogen doesn't keep increasing too much :hugs:

^^^^ do you see? I edited my last post to put all the follicle sizes. The "medium" is the size. They add height and width and divide by 2 I believe! Not 100% sure I just read this somewhere :shrug:

I see now :) your follicles look like they're growing nicely :) I think you will end up with quite a few :) not sure what size they go from to get the "3 to4" though??? Maybe that means something different and not the number of follicles???

I'm going to ask tomorrow if I remember!

I have everything crossed for you that everything goes ok:hugs:

Scerena- thank you!! I'm glad everything is looking good for you :)

Bma I feel as if everything is going to mess up and my follicles aren't going to grow :( I need to remain positive that all I need is this higher dose fx'd for some improvement on Friday... This process is so scary isn't it!!!

Awe scerena- I sure hope not! Praying for you and for you to find some sort of peace. :) it's proving to be scary. Just the unknown is very scary. I know we will be fine though!

Bma thanks Hun :hugs: if they're not concerned I don't know why I am? I just cannot help it :dohh: we will get there Hun both of us :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->