Buddies wanted--Starting IVF April 2013-June 2013!

ttcbaby I hope that today you be good news Hun I really do :hugs:

augustluvers I have everything crossed that you're ready to start your injections on Monday Hun :hugs:

AFM-
9follicles mature... (only 1 extra) she said my estrogen was high friday so they were hoping for more of them to of caught up..
There are a load of follicles just over the 10mm mark, she wants me back tomorrow to see if any of them start catching up, plus she's booked me in with a different nurse for a fresh pair of eyes...

I'm nervous that I won't get more than 8 eggs, If I get less I will have to donate them and have a cycle to myself next time- they don't seem worried but I am as follicles don't always contain an egg :/ then I hear of people getting more eggs than follicles :shrug:
GROW FOLLIES GROW please!!!

She said EC will be thurs or fri- but more likely Friday :)

scerena I'm keeping everything crossed for you that your follies grow grow grow and that you have enough eggies for both donor and you this cycle!:thumbup:

I've just had today's call from the clinic and 7 or 8 of my embryos are 'good' quality, a couple of average quality and one poor one, so they are taking them to day 5 and I'll be having my transfer on Wednesday at 2.30pm.

I'm very excited and desperately trying not to get my hopes up. I asked the embryologist whether we need to decide in advance how many to transfer (me and DH have discussed at length and read lots of information and seen the latest HFEA statistics and have decided on 2) and she said that we can decide on the day but they would usually transfer one good quality blastocyst as this is my first cycle but that the doctor would talk to us on Wednesday before the transfer. Their website says that the decision will always be down to the patient but I'm really worried they are going to be pressuring us into only transferring one. I really don't want to have to fight with them about it so I'm hoping they will accept our decision. I know the risks of twins, i know that for my age (37, nearly 38) the stats show a c40% success rate with SBT and a 44% success rate with DBT but that twin rates are 40% with DBT and 2% with SBT. but to me (i have a maths degree so am a bit statistics focussed!) the extra 4 percentage points are worth the risk. It means that 8 in 20 women having a SBT will get pregnant, and 9 in 20 women having a DBT will get pregnant, and 3-4 of those 9 will have twins. For me that extra one in 20 is worth it. i know people will have different views, and I'm hoping I'm not worrying unnecessarily and that they will accept our decision, i really don't want transfer day to be marred by a difficult conversation. Good job DH can come with me!!!

Morning Ladies!! Hope everyone had great weekends and are doing well!!

I just don't know how to say this...I am PREGNANT!!! I am still in absolute shock. My bday was on friday and i still hadn't gotten AF. Saturday morning I took a test and it came up positive right away, sunday morning i took another one, positive, sunday night another one, positive, finally this morning i took the last one and it came up right away!!! Here's a pic of the tests, goes from 1st test on saturday to the last one this morning. i'm going to call my doc and most likely go for my blood test hopefully today!!.

I'm feeling ok, definately feeling stuff happening down there and my breasts have been sore beyond belief the last week...but i know this is all normal. i still just can't believe it...i just went in for all of my blood work for ivf last thurs. but like they say it happens when you least expect it!!!

I will keep you ladies posted on my blood test results!!

Good luck to all of you with transfer this week!! I hope and pray that all of us are going to have our babies soon!!!

Scerena- how did your scan go?

Augustluvers- fx that you get to start Monday!

Ttcbaby- 2:45 needs to hurry up!

AFM- my fertilization report is in and out of 30, 27 were fertilized! And they do icsi on everyone! Now I have to call back on Monday and see how many made it to be froze!

August - I hope you are able to start also!

Scerena - I hope you have some hiding out that the nurse cant see!

Captain - that is a great report hun and thank you for the breakdown as I too am 37 going on 38 and am unsure of how many to transfer. DH is set on 2, but I do have a bit of fear with doing either. with 1 I am afraid I was to cautious....with 2 I am afraid of what might happen during the pregnancy and I just want to make sure I have healthy babies. After looking at those stats though, I am leaning more towards just doing 2.

BMA - wow hun, you are going to have a ton to freeze! I can feel it! I know this day is just dragging!!!!!!

Kismat - hun that is so awesome!!!! Huge congrats....Will you be going in for a beta or anything?

August - I hope you are able to start also!

Scerena - I hope you have some hiding out that the nurse cant see!

Captain - that is a great report hun and thank you for the breakdown as I too am 37 going on 38 and am unsure of how many to transfer. DH is set on 2, but I do have a bit of fear with doing either. with 1 I am afraid I was to cautious....with 2 I am afraid of what might happen during the pregnancy and I just want to make sure I have healthy babies. After looking at those stats though, I am leaning more towards just doing 2.

BMA - wow hun, you are going to have a ton to freeze! I can feel it! I know this day is just dragging!!!!!!

Kismat - hun that is so awesome!!!! Huge congrats....Will you be going in for a beta or anything?

Thanks soooo much!!! I want to for sure!! Called my doc this morning and both of them are out today...So he's going to call me tomorrow. so i hope i can go tomorrow. with the way i'm feeling i don't know what else it could be lol. i'm thinking 4 tests positive can't be a lie:)

good luck to you!!!

Scerena- praying for more follicles! I thought with egg sharing half goes to you and half goes to donor? I so hope they GROW!! :hugs:

Captain- yay for Wednesday! So happy for you. I understand how you feel about how many you want to put back. I don't feel anything is wrong with putting 2 back and to me it just gives you the best possibility of at least one implanting. Ivf isn't chump change and to do this all over again is just financially and emotionally draining!

Kismat- I'm kind of speechless! I'm so freaking excited for you!!!! Huge congrats! Looking forward to your updates. As for pictures I signed up to photo bucket and upload my pics there and then copy the image code and click that little picture box next to that globe in the text box you know? And then paste the link and post ! Hope that helps!!

captain brilliant news :wohoo:

kismat CONGRATULATIONS :wohoo: :happydance: sooooooo happy for you! What a surprise!!!

Bma 27 ::happydance: go you!!!! Well done!!! Yes you have to have a minimum of 8 eggs to share and we get half, but you have to have at least 8

ttcbaby thanks :hugs: Not sure wha the time is ur thinking of you today :hugs:

BMA and Scerena thanks so much ladies!!!! You have no idea how shocked i am still. i have no more tests at home and i won't go buy anymore. i'll wait for my doc to call me until about 11, if he doesn't then i'll call him. but hopefully with the message he'll call me right away in the morning. i just can't describe how i'm feeling. very emotional but hasn't fully sunk in yet. i'm very tired though and my breasts are soooo tender and sore. just feel like going home and going to sleep. peeing like nothing lol.

i just want to say thank you to you ladies as well for listening to me and being with me !!! i am in a shock shock shock. my hubby is getting sooooo excited as well. i just can't believe it after 5 IUI's then stopped trying it just happened. It will happen to you both as well!!!!

Aw it must be such a shock Hun :hugs: a lovely shock :) you and hubby must be over the moon :)

https://s1332.photobucket.com/user/mehtashah26/media/test_zps72c3f750.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/mehtashah26/media/test_zps72c3f750.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=1367264712409008616321140141275

Aw it must be such a shock Hun :hugs: a lovely shock :) you and hubby must be over the moon :)

i don't even know if shock is the right word. i really wish i could have gone for the blood test today..but we've waited this long. 1-2 days isn't going to kill us. i just wonder if from all the blood work i did last thursday whether my new doc could tell if i'm pregnant or not. but i'm thinking no if that's not one of the tests he wanted to run. all good i'll go get another one done for assurity!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS KISMAT!!!!!!!!

:happydance::wohoo::wohoo::happydance:

Thanks sooooo much Captain!!!! I still can't believe it either!! Hopefully tomorrow i can go get the blood test done. I don't think i've been more happier to go get a blood test than right now, lol!!!

How are things with you?

kismat- CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSSS HUN:happydance:
So happy for you.....you must be soooooo excited..:hugs:

Bma-.30 eggs???thats a really good number Hun....27 eggs fertilised....woww ..thats a lottt...congrats!

scerena-heyy scerena...i wish the rest of follies grow faster and the new nurse gets to count more....:hugs:

ttcbaby waiting to hear how your appt. goes Hun!hope u get to start soon!!!

captain-yay!..ur ET is soo near!!!hope u get to transfer 2..fx'd for u!

My Af came on saturday..it was more like spotting and a little bleeding...
waiting for my appointment on thursday..i hope they dont find any cysts and i get to start stimming the same day...!

Hi Starlight,

I haven't posted on this thread before, but I was wondering how your appointment went yesterday? I've got my consent consultation on 24th June after several failed IUI cycles. I'm trying to estimate when my treatment might actually start, so would be interested to hear how quickly they get you going after your consultation. In any event, I hope it went well! I'm hoping that they might start me in July, but am wondering if that might be too optimistic for the NHS!

Good luck!

mission thanks Hun :hugs: I don't see what difference today's scan will show, but I hope that come EC there's some more sneaky eggs :)

I will update after my app, either way EC is thurs/ fri :)

How are you??? Fx'd you can start stimming on Thursday :)

captain transfer tomorrow how exciting :happydance: how are you feeling???

ttcbaby How did yesterday go Hun???

kismat I hope that you get a lovely beta number :)

frustrated welcome I hope you can get started ASAP!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->