Buddies wanted--Starting IVF April 2013-June 2013!

starlight-Thanks Hun..:)Am soo excited about tommorow..i hope i get to start!

Captain-yayyyy!! All done and now the TWW..!!!This must be sooo exciting? i hope everything turns out well for you Hun and u end up with a BFP soon...:)What type of progesterone medication are you on?..i mean is it a shot or gel or ?

lucie-heyyy!!!glad to know your lining is good Hun....may 16th is just 2 weeks away...thats exciting!!!

ttcbaby-Glad that you get to start...::)2 days to go..yay!

I hope all the other ladies are doing fine:)

good luck tomorrow mission! Please let us know how it all goes!

Hi girls, quick update from me, I had my ET today and we transferred 2 top quality 5-day blastocysts, one of which was starting to hatch, with 5 top quality ones to freeze. The clinic were recommending to transfer only one given that they were very good quality and I was 'young' (almost 38?! Really?! was my response). DH and I had discussed it at length and read up on the stats and risks extensively so we reconsidered but ultimately decided to stick with 2. To be honest I thought that the dr was very balanced and informative but I just wish the conversation had happened yesterday so that me and DH had more time to consider their views on our specific circumstances before deciding. They gave us like 3 minutes to decide before coming back in to ask for an answer, and the when we said 2 we had to sign a form saying that they had told us about the risks of twins and all the statistics about increased risks etc. It felt a bit like it should have been done at a slower pace and, like, yesterday? Anyway, all done now, just the waiting...going to try to keep myself busy with work and family and not stress about it...easier said than done!

For all the ladies just starting, I did antagonist protocol and apart from the bloating have found the whole process pretty painless and straightforward. Good luck and babydust all round! X

How long did you stim?

You are in my thoughts, try to rest and relax, easier said then done :hugs:

Hi ladies
My estrogen went higher yesterday to 29000 and they don't like it above 20000 it's now a waiting game for it to come down to be safe to do EC...

starlight welcome back :) I'm glad you had a good holiday :) I hope it's not too long before you get started :hugs:

ttcbaby 2 more days until you start Stims :happydance: how exciting :)

captain gl with your tww Hun I hope that this is it for you, everything crossed :hugs:

lucie brilliant news :) the 16th isn't far off at all :wohoo:

mission good luck :) hope you can start :)

:hi: to everyone I missed :hugs:

starlight-Thanks Hun..:)Am soo excited about tommorow..i hope i get to start!

Captain-yayyyy!! All done and now the TWW..!!!This must be sooo exciting? i hope everything turns out well for you Hun and u end up with a BFP soon...:)What type of progesterone medication are you on?..i mean is it a shot or gel or ?

lucie-heyyy!!!glad to know your lining is good Hun....may 16th is just 2 weeks away...thats exciting!!!

ttcbaby-Glad that you get to start...::)2 days to go..yay!

I hope all the other ladies are doing fine:)

I'm on the Crinone gel mission, it is really straightforward and not too messy, it tends to come out (TMI!) in little browny creamy gluey balls rather than being gloopy and it is definitely more preferable than shots! X

Good luck for your cycle hon, hope you find as I did that it all moves really quickly once you start with the shots.

I stimmed for 11 days augustlovers, with the trigger shot taken shortly after my last stim shot and EC 13 days after my first stim shot. It has gone very quickly so I'm just hoping the next 14 days go similarly fast! X

captain - that is great news that you transfered 2 great quality embryos! That is great that you and DH discussed it beforehand considering they only gave you a few minutes to decide, how crazy is that. I have my fingers crossed for you!

lucie - fantastic to hear that your lining is looking good and that you're on track to have your ET in a couple of weeks. So soon now!

ttcbaby - that is really good that your doctor is keeping track of you and doing scans so that you are able to start this weekend even if AF doesn't show. yay stimming!

missionmommy - i hope that you get to start as well, look forward to hearing back from you!!

scerena - sorry to hear that your levels are still a bit high. I am hoping that they come down soon so that you're able to do the EC. You have such a great positive attitude :) How often are they testing your levels? Am thinking of you and hoping that things move quickly!!

wooohooo ladies all are getting underway!!! good luck to you Lucie and TTCbaby!!!

Hello ladies
My appointment went well today , the us looked good except for a little endo cyst on both ovaries:dohh:,blood work came back fine...:) Re said endo cysts dont really affect the cycle so we are moving forward..i finally get to start ...yayyyy..:happydance:
Today would be my first follistim shot which would be 150 units...i would also be taking a low dose hcg shot 15 units and lupron 5 units....so three shots altogether...but am so happy that i wil be stimming tonight....:happydance:
I would be going back on sunday for the us to see if my follies began to grow...could not wait to share it with u lovely ladies!!

starlight thank you :hugs: I had my bloods done today at my doctors rather than go 2 hours to get them done BUT they didn't get my result back today as requested! So off to London again tomorrow for scan and bloods. They said if ok EC will be Sunday but I bet they're still high :dohh:

How are you doing??? Hope you're okay??

mission AMAZING news :happydance: so happy for you that you can get started :) 3 shot ouch :( but well worth it :)

scerena-feeling soo sorry 4 u Hun...wish u dint have to wait so much...are u stil on your meds or stopped them???what did your RE tell you about the time it would take...i seriously hope and pray you get to EC...!
ttcbaby-heyyy! we r cycle buddies..yay..wel atleast til the EC...mine is a freeze all so i wont be with u in the TWW:(augustluversHope u join us too:)
bma-hope u r doing fine Hun..waiting to hear how your ET goes...good luck!
captain-thanx for the info Hun..well its always nice when you have alternatives to shots...removes a little stress out of the situation...hope u are relaxing well...and hope the little beans have got their way inside the lining by now..!!
lucie-hope you are doing fine Hun:)
starlight-Thanx HUn!how are you and when is your next appt?

starlight thank you :hugs: I had my bloods done today at my doctors rather than go 2 hours to get them done BUT they didn't get my result back today as requested! So off to London again tomorrow for scan and bloods. They said if ok EC will be Sunday but I bet they're still high :dohh:

How are you doing??? Hope you're okay??

mission AMAZING news :happydance: so happy for you that you can get started :) 3 shot ouch :( but well worth it :)

Thanx Hun:)initially i was like three shots:dohh:!!!!But then as you said..WELL WORTH IT.....i wish we all get BFPs in our cycles...
i Hope you get to EC on sunday...fx'd your results come back fine Hun::)

Mission mommy- yay! Glad you get to start. :) can't wait to hear your progress!

Scerena- sorry your levels haven't gone down. :hugs:

AFM- I won't do an ET this cycle. Since my estrogen was too high. So I will be doing a FET and it should be the end of may

mission they said they usually rise before they come back down... They did say it can take a few days after stopping stims... If they're down tomorrow EC will be Sunday... They said its unlikely they will cancel they will more likely wait for my levels to go down, it's not just my cycle it's my recipients too and I feel bad :(

3 shots is a lot bless :hugs: would be amazing if we all got our bfps :)

Bma have you just had your estrogen retested then??? End of may is not long at all :)

Scerena- please don't feel bad, this is out of your control.
I haven't done a thing since Sunday! (Egg retrieval) :) I will call when I get my period and go from there.

bma-am sorry Hun..just slipped out of my mind that your FET was later..welll..end of May is not far away...hope the discomfort is gone..are you feeling better down there??I'l be doing an FET too..so was just curious...do you know what meds you wil be taking before FET?
scerena-aww..dont feel bad Hun:hugs:.totally not your fault.its good news that they arent cancelling:)its just taking a little time...i hope sunday is your day[-o<

Mission - yippee for starting...why are you freezing your embies? Are you doing PGD?

scerena - I have never heard of Estrogen being so high..wow! I thought BMA's was high at a little over 4k but over 20k...wow!

Thanks ladies :hugs:

bma thanks :hugs: it's jus so frustrating waiting and not knowing what will happen :(
When is af due???

mission Thanks Hun :hugs: what time do you have to do your jabs??

ttcbaby I'm not sure if they're measured different in the UK and US?

Ttcbaby- I'm so glad you said something about the 20k estrogen level! Hehe I was thinking the same thing and thought "they HAVE to measure differently".

Scerena- I know it is. :hugs: they said AF will come 10-14 days after ER.

Missionmommy- no worries, I don't expect anyone to remember every detail :) and yes, I feel so much better. I never really had too much discomfort. Yesterday I forgot and lightly ran to grab my nephews ball and that didnt feel too good, but nothing excruciating . So, I don't know how soon but after AF comes I have to do the progestrone in oil shots, and ill be on the estrogen pills and patches. And then I guess before the ET ill be taking prednisone (steroid ) and then I'm sure ill have to continue the dang progestrone in oil shots. Dreading those.

I sent the nursing staff at my clinic an edible arrangement on Monday to say thanks for helping me through this journey. I feel silly asking all the questions I do and calling three times a day! :haha: I know it's my right but I wanted them to know that the way they handled me was so comforting. Never making me feel stupid!

ttcbaby-i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in the initial screening ....so they decided on delaying ET. ..HYpothyroid does not affect ER but its not good for the embryo,...so they wanted the levels to come to normal ...my recent test was almost normal....:)But there is another issue:dohh:..i have a uterine polyp which needs to be removed....so they need me to have a period after ER to do a hysteroscopic removal and a period after that to do the ET..so it'l push my Et to JUly!!
scerena-i took my shots at 9 pm...have been taking lupron at the same time so decided on continuing the schedule:) it was easy..i have been icing so felt nthing...DH did one after the other ..he is a pro now::)

bma- thats so sweet Hun...they must have felt really good..everyone likes their work and help appreciated..i planned to do something similar after my cycle too:)
I know Hun..shots suck especially if IM...i gues the progesterone is IM right?i hope there is someone who can help doing them!!!Thankfully i have endometrin in my med list...so no shots:)
Well..once you have the embies inside you...u'l be happy to do anything to help them stick and stay safe:)..the sshots wil be a breeze:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->