Buddies wanted--Starting IVF April 2013-June 2013!

Don't worry they specifically told me that sneezing, coughing, laughing & bowel movements do not harm anything. I did all of those things above & of course I worried but there was no need :)

Oh thank you Bma!! :thumbup: I know it's silly but as I've never ever been pregnant and this is my first IVF I'm a bit nervous. This long and bumpy road of infertility has made me more cautious and worried than normal. And with DH's fragmented DNA there is a higher chance of MC so I am on pins and needles here! DH has sworn to hide all my testing sticks so I don't go testing early :dohh: but he's agreed to let me test in a week's time next saturday as the doctor said the trigger shot should be out of my system by then. Thank goodness I am working all week so I will have distractions! How did you get through it!! Aggghhhh! :wacko: How are you feeling by the way? Any new symptoms? When is your next scan?

I know exactly how you feel. I worried about all of it too, especially since I was sneezing 24/7! I was on bed rest for 3 days! So, I slept a lot! And just watched tv. Then... I passed the time by peeing on sticks! No lie. Transfer was on Thursday and I started testing on Monday. (And got the faintest bfp) there is no way I could have waited. And I worked and was busy :) but that's all that was on my mind!

I am doing fine. No real symptoms, but they say it comes at 6 weeks and I'm only 5 weeks tomorrow ! I do not feel anything and really haven't. I felt the same twinges during my three days bed rest that I have in the past, so please don't feel like you're out if you don't have any symptoms!! I go in Monday for another beta and Wednesday ill go for an ultrasound! :)

Well thanks for easing my mind :hugs: And hooray for upcoming beta and ultrasound!! I'm sitting here lovingly staring at my printed out blasts photos! I can't imagine how exciting it will be to see the little bean on an ultrasound!

Well I am behind everyone but I did my first Lupron today... I have never been so happy to give a shot :) FX for you babydreamer :)

I plan to test out my trigger shot as well I am a POAS addict though.

Can anyone tell me how long after they started their Lupron injections did they start getting the side effects and what were they? I am super paranoid about it.

I only took it a few hours ago and I have a headache. Who knows could just be the BCP.

Morning girls! I just got a call that I'm scheduled for a day 3 transfer tomorrow at 12:25pm. I felt my stomach sink as I had a 3dy transfer in December that didn't work! I asked the nurse if everything was ok with the 9 embryos, she said they are all great quality and ill get a call tomorrow morning if they decide to take me to a day 5 transfer. I'm trying to stay positive but I just want to cry. I know it's foolish and dumb but I swear its the hormones :haha:

On another note I can't wait to finish the Medrol! I gag just thinking about it. And I actually threw up after taking it this morning. I just can't stomach it!

Babydreamer~ my FS only has us on bed rest the day of transfer and then it's back to normal however I'm taking a few days off and staying in bed :shy: I think worry is something we all do and so very normal. Like bma said, you can pee, cough laugh ect :hugs:

Hello Ladies :hi:

Babydreamer - I thought the same thing but my doctor also said you can do all of those things and it'll be okay. You still can't help but worry everytime you do though. Congrats on being PUPO!

August - If all 9 are still going, that's great!! I've read tons of success stories on 3 day transfers. Fingers crossed it works for you :hugs:

Mission - Sounds like your lap went great! I'm so happy they were able to save most of your ovary! Now recovery and on to the next step! :happydance:

BMA - Hey! Hope everything's going well. You have an exciting week next week!

My tests are still dark, this morning's got dark pretty fast. I hate not being confident that's it's a true positive though. We will know for sure Monday. I can't wait!!

Babylove-wow..that sounds like a real positive hun...so excited for your beta... :hugs:
As for me, I feel so much better today being pampered by DH. Moving on to the next step in July with bcps and ET in August...

Can anyone tell me how long after they started their Lupron injections did they start getting the side effects and what were they? I am super paranoid about it.

I only took it a few hours ago and I have a headache. Who knows could just be the BCP.

Hey Brandy, I was on Lupron too..the only side effect I had was nausea. Had headaches for a few days when I started....

Augustluvers- what is medrol? And I too have heard success stories on 3 day transfers!!! How many will you transfer?

BABYLOVE- I think your pregnant!! :yipee: so happy & can't wait for your beta. Make sure they call you ASAP!

Mission mommy- yay for getting pampered! Time will fly , it always does!!

Hey August. Am glad all your embryos are growing well...I understand your concern about the 3 day transfer..but since they are growing well I Hope they do a 5 day transfer.
But as babylove said they are many women who had great success with the three day embryos...they usually transfer 3 embryos for day 3 as there is a good chance atleast one sticks...please stay positive hun...fx'd for you.

Bma- yes am enjoying every bit of attention ;)
Days sure will fly...I can'tbelieve my lap is already done....
I have medrol in my prescription too..its a steroid given so that the body's immune system doesn't attack the embryo thinking it is a foreign object..

Bma~ Medrol is an anti inflammatory medication to help keep you from bloating after ER. It's for four days and tomorrow will be the last day I have to take it.

My husband and I plan on transferring 2 but if the FS suggest 3 then we will do that

August, try not to stress. I've heard so many success stories for both 3 day and 5 day transfers over on the IVF Success thread. If yours are still growing and looking good I'm sure a 3 day or 5 day won't make much difference. :hugs: Keep us posted!!

Brandy, I did Lupron to down reg and all through my stimming and it did give me headaches pretty often and made me a little forgetful and spacey too Lupron = loopy :wacko:. I wasn't too bad though but the Lupron was the only injection that really made me bruise. It didn't hurt at the time but I bruised up after often. It'll be all worth it though! :baby:

Mission, I'm so glad you're getting properly spoiled :winkwink:. When I had my lap last summer I had also just had foot surgery a week before so I was laid up for a while. My DH was an angel! Cooking, cleaning up and taking care of me. Great preparation for being a daddy :baby: :winkwink:

BabyLove, you're totally preggers!! :baby::happydance: So exciting!!

Mission mommy - gotcha I was on prednisone starting the day before transfer for 4 days!

August- oh okay, I guess different drs use meds differently... :)

Feeling super crampy at the moment. Is it the progesterone or my lil embies getting all snugly? I'm driving myself crazy already! :wacko: This is going to ne a loooooooooooooooong week!! :wacko:

Babydreamer- it's normal to be crampy apparently & it's probably a good thing!! FX :dust:

I saw a faint positive 5 days after transfer :)

This is what happens in a 5dt :

0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
HPT

babydreamer-I hope the cramps are from the implantation!!!I must be so hard to wait to test!
Dh has been cooking and cleaning too.. so funny to watch cause most of the time he doesnt know what he is doing and things get messed up:haha:.. but its
adorable!

Thanks Bma and Mission. I'm just so impatient! Thank goodness we have a party to go to tonight and I start back to work tomorrow. I need the distractions!! I'm watching Raising Arizona right now which is perfect and always cracks me up!

Mission, I know! Aren't they so cute when they try to do house stuff and take care of us. It's so sweet. Enjoy it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->