buddies?

Hi lola,

Jacks doing well and he certainly is my little miracle :-D

He is combi feeding as he was struggling to latch due to tongue tie which he's had snipped now. Although my supply has depleted as it's been hard to express when out and about for the day. However been looking up how to increase supply n hoping over the next few weeks we'll be starting try and EBF xx

Hi ladies,

Even though we all rarely come on here now wanted to let you know...... Baby #2 is on the way!!

Jack must have been our lucky charm, we're 7 weeks pregnant very unexpectedly!!

Congratulations Bumblebee! We are expecting number two as well! I am 10wks. Will u find out the sex? How is Jack?

Hi Lola!!

How exciting for you! We found out we're having a little girl (DH wanted to know)

Oh yeah we got married in April so this just completes out little family :-D

Congratulations! So lucky to have one of each! I'm secretly hoping for a boy but will be happy either way.

Abbi how are you doing?

I've not seen Abii on for a while, however she did have her 2nd little girl whose such a cutey xx

Omg Lola I've just realised your little lady is 3 soon. Hoe have the years passed us by so quickly!!

Had a crappy week ended up with diahorreah and vomiting that made me so I'll I had to be hospitalised!! I was given fluids and kept in for 2 days as my pulse rate went way high!! However on the upside I'm home now off work for the rest of the week with my boy recovering..... Although I may be better at work he's grumpy and teething lately :-(

I know! Time flies, can't believe Jack just turned 1! Hope your ok, do they know what caused it?

I know this last year has flown!! Think may have been food poisoning :-(

Fingers crossed drinking loads is keeping ny pulse rate down. It's just hard for me as I've never been a big drinker xx

Well ladies my baby girl was born early on 27.09.15.

I know none of us have been on in a while but I'll update anyway for you.

Our baby girl Jessica Louise was born at 04.51am weighing 6lb 9oz. It became apparent she was struggling to breath a few minutes after they passed her to me... Then she started coughing and struggling. The paediatrician was called in who thought she may have lots of phlegm caught in her throat from a fast labour (only 8 minutes pushing in total!! although I had been in slow labour for days stuck at 1-2cm). Anyway she said they'd take her suction her throat give her a little oxygen and see how we got on....

Pediatrician then came back and said it was more complicated than they thought.... She'd had to be put on a ventilator as she was struggling a lot and they'd found out she'd got a TOF (Tracheo-Oesophageal Fistula) this is an abnormal connection running either between two tubes or between a tube and a surface. In tracheo-oesophageal fistula it runs between the trachea and the oesophagus... So her oesophagus and was attached to her lungs instead of her stomach in this case. So she had to have surgery to correct it.

She was whisked off to another hospital miles from home and we followed when I was allowed to be discharged a few hours later.

That evening she had surgery. She was kept ventilated and then was put on high flow and was managing fine for almost a week... Then we found out that she'd got an infection. So after xrays and other checks they found they needed to repeat the surgery as the infection had wrecked the original repair. So a week after her first surgery she had it again... She was put into a medically induced coma for 5 days afterwards then they slowly bought her round and took her off the ventilator....

She's now 4 weeks and 1 day old and is being fed through a tube as she still has a small tear In the tubes that have been fixed. We're waiting for it to heal naturally. Once healed we can start to try and feed her properly.

We're having to stay in a home with other families with babies in the NICU which is funded by a charity this is right across the road from the hospital so we can visit and help with her care easily.

I miss Jack loads though as he's stopping with Ryan's parents while we're here we see him on weekends and days in the week they're able to get him here but it's a long drive. It's better he's at home though following his routine as he's an energetic little bundle now whose so cheeky.... He loves his little sister though he's been to see her and strokes her arms and Awwww's at her :haha:

Anyway can't wait to get home and be a family but glad my baby is here and well xxxx

Aww sweetheart I'm so sorry you've had to go through all that but happy your little girl is ok. How many weeks prem was she? When do they think you will be able to take her home? I love her name, Jessica is so pretty and Louise is my second name too! Sending lots of love to you and your family xx

No idea when we'll be home until her tear in her tube has healed, she's having tests tomorrow to see how it's healing.

She was born at 37+3 so she wasn't massively early. It's just one of those things.

Afraid not she's 10 weeks old today and I'm still living in accommodation barely seeing Jack who changes so much each week and Jessica is now smiling but still have weeks to go in hospital yet I think.... She's got to have one more op to stretch her oesophagus. Then a gastrostomy tube put in to feed her until she can manage food and drink... Then they're looking at doing something called a fundoplication which is folding the top half of the stomach over the bottom half of the oesophagus to stop acid reflux travelling up to her oesophagus and causing her pain.

So lots to do yet. So Christmas is going to be different this yearvbut we're going to open presents with both the kiddies at the hospital xx

How're you doing Lola? not long to go now xxx

So sorry to hear, that must be so hard for you, but it sounds like the medical team have a plan. We're good, feeling a lot of pressure so even just walking is becoming hard now, have just finished a course in personal training so that was good timing! Sending love <3

Hello just thought I'd drop in and say hi it's my first time back here since 2013 lol

Hi Noodles13,

Lovely to meet you.

Well Jessica update we are 11 weeks and still at nicu and will be for another few weeks. She's finally managing to swallow 5mls of feeds every 3 hours now which is a huge deal for her. When we've tried before she's choked.

So we're in for Christmas bit we're getting better xxx

Hi Noodles13! Tell us about yourself.
Good to hear she's feeding that's great! Just posted Owen's birth story in my journal x

Hi guys well.... about me
We've got a busy home there is me DH and 3 little ones
Dd1 is 9 dd2 is 5 today :D and ds is 19 months
We had a chat and DH said let's have one last little one before he gets the snip lol
I god a bfp xmas eve I was due in xmas day.... anyway started to bleed xmas day at about 8pm tried to ring 111 they never even called me back went to emergency docs he said "you've come to an emergency docs because you have come on your period :/" I bled for 3 days and it was totally different to a period for me
But I feel sick every morning and the headaches are every day
And I genuinely still feel pregnant I did a test the last day of bleeding it was negative so I took that as it was a CP
That was almost a week ago anyhow
I'll stop rambling now haha

Oooh lola congratulations on Owen!

She's off feeds after 2 days of doing well she started choking on her feeds. Had an op today to stretch her oesophagus and we're still living at the hospital. They're hoping to move us to the children's hospital soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->