Buddy wanted for January baby!!

Hey girls - I recognise some of the names from the January Jellybeans thread in 2nd tri forum. I'm due on the 3rd Jan and don't have any bump buddies yet! Would love to share the experience with you.

So a little about myself - My name is Leanne, I'm 25 and this is my first baby. I'm a primary school teacher so have the added bonus of being on 6 wk hols at the mo so having lots of time to put my feet up. I don't know what colour jellybean we are having yet but I am sure it's a boy, but would be just as pleased if it was a girl!

Ok I have a question for you all! Was your jan jellybean planned or was a happy surprise like mine???

Hope we can keep this going, I'm gonna paste this into my buddy thing on my User CP so I can keep coming back! xxx

Hi Leanne :)

Our Jellybean was a surprise too. Although we had been trying for a few months. I was really lucky as I had been on the pill for 15 years! I wasn't expecting anything for a long time so it was a complete shock and surprise for us!

How are you feeling? Do you have lots of movement yet?

Sam

Hi Leanne :)

Our Jellybean was a surprise too. Although we had been trying for a few months. I was really lucky as I had been on the pill for 15 years! I wasn't expecting anything for a long time so it was a complete shock and surprise for us!

How are you feeling? Do you have lots of movement yet?

Sam

Hi Sam! Well congrats to us on our surprise beans!! Me and my other half weren't even ttc but we have talked lots about children and were gonna start trying towards christmas time. I've had some issues in the cycle department and we've finally figured out I'm intolerant to all forms of pill, injection etc., which was what was screwing me up! So I was convinced it was gonna take a while to get pregnant so it was a lovely happy accident!!

Some days I feel normal, almost not pregnant apart from the kind of heavy feeling in my lower stomach and others I'm just so tired I can't be bothered to do anything!! It's gonna be interesting when I go back to school in sept to see how I cope lol! What do you do?

Bean moves quite a bit, I have been feeling little buzzes and flutters sine about 16 wks which seeing as this is my first pregnancy thats pretty early apparently. Now since about 19 weeks the flutters have changed to little taps which feel like bubbles popping or something. Some days I hardly feel anything at all though! What about your jellybean?

Wow I'm in a chatty mood this morning! Hope your ok!! xxx

Hi Leanne,
How are you today? Lovely to hear about your surprise bean :) I bet you were over the moon when you found out. I think we are two lucky ladies!

I feel exactly the same. Sometimes I forget i'm pregnant until I realise I can't do my jeans up and it looks like i've swallowed a football! I have days where I am up for doing lots and others where I just want to sit on the sofa all day. I feel better now than in the first few weeks though. The first trimester was, for me, mostly spent sleeping and feeling sick!

As for my jellybean moving, I don't think I felt any movement until this week. I probably had some but wasn't sure whether it was me or baby! I feel bubbles popping too! Its so hard to explain the feeling to my OH. I think he feels abit left out. I am looking forward to when he can put his hand on my bump and feel it too! I feel bean moving every night now. I still make a little shocked 'oooh' noise every time too, which maybe a bad thing as the tiny one will think his/her name is 'oooh'!

I waffle on abit don't I!

Sam x

Lol that's exactly the same as me! Whenever he/she moves I go 'oooo'! I think I freak my bloke out a little bit sometimes as bean seems to be on the move a lot lately. Been feeling a bit ill today - think it's indigestion and tiredness, I went out all day yesterday with friends and their kids and with it being sunny I felt shattered when I got home! Still feeling it today and almost feel like I'm back in the 1st tri feeling sick!! Grrr! On the plus side I've got my scan tomorrow which I'm so looking forward to. We're gonna find out if bean is a pink one or a blue one. I personally think it's a boy and have done from the beginning however I would be just as happy with a girly bean too, both of us have no preference!!

I've just taken some bump photos so will post one on here! I think we should post a pic ladies to see how we're getting on with our growing. I have just put it on the 'Your Bumps' thread in 2nd tri forum but what the heck I'll put one here anyway!

(I can waffle too - I remember my a-level english lit teacher telling me that lol)

Love Smiffy xx

My 20 wk and 1 day bump:

Attachments

• 20 wks (2).jpg
    20 wks (2).jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1
Smiffy your bump is lovely! My bump sticks out quite abit as i'm short! I will try and get a picture tomorrow and pop it on here so we can compare, and you can all have a giggle too! I have quite a hollow back so it looks like i'm sticking it out on purpose!

I find myself stroking my bump and resting my hands on it without realising. I was in tesco earlier and felt a little awkward.. I was standing with my hands resting on my lower back.. in stereotypical 'pregnancy back ache' pose. I hadn't realised until someone tried to get by me.. I have no idea how i'll be when my bump gets bigger. I have been trying to do things differently, in preparation for the day when i'm enormous. For example, i've figured out how far up I can reach in the kitchen whilst standing sideways, and which shoes I can put on without bending down. I think I spend too much time on my own..

I have admitted defeat today too. I have ordered some maternity trousers. I accepted, finally, that I cannot go walking around with half undone trousers hidden under long t-shirts. I think i'll end up with a few pairs judging by the fact that I only have two pairs of jeans that fit me now.

Good luck with your scan tomorrow!! I wonder what it'll be! Its very exciting! I'll be back on tomorrow evening to check everything is ok :happydance:

I think we may be the winners of the 'longest waffling posts' award!

Sam xx

I'm always stroking my bump! It's just there to be stroked and hands rested on it! Mother in law thinks I have a bump fixation lol!

Well all was good at the scan. Ive just wrote a message on the jan jellybeans thread so won't repeat myself on here as you'll probs read that. Really happy with the outcome. Can't wait to post it on here but I'm gonna wait till after Iv told my mum at the wknd!

Hope your doing ok today xxxx

Hello all,

My bump is due 16th Jan...not at all sure how this buddy things works though. I'm Susie, 29 expecting first bump. Work as a primary school teacher.

Hi susie I'm a teacher too! Just wondering, as a fellow teacher, are you dreading going back and what are your maternity leave plans? I'm Leanne by the way lol xxx

Hi Leanne,

Yeah I think I read you were a teacher earlier on...just started memorising my class list in alphabetical order because they are reception so it's handy when they go awol! Strangely just started to feel ready to go back but on home visits first two weeks. The parents don't know yet but think bump is noticeable. I'm due 16th Jan so will finish at Xmas but officially start when school goes back. Doing 26 weeks and going back for last three weeks of summer term. Nice to have the hols because sure will miss lil bub! Want to do part time but don't know how finances will be. What age you teach? Scan is on INSET day so I get to escape in pm :happydance:

I'm a reception teacher too but we don't do home visits so the madness all kicks off on wednesday 8th which I'm not lookin forward to!! My kids parents don't know either, I wanted to tell them before we broke up but my head asked me not too as he said they would only worry about who was gonna replace me over the summer hols. I'm sure I'll get some funny looks when I waddle out onto the playground on the first morning lol!! My plans are similar to yours although cos I'm due on 3rd Jan I'm gonna finish on either 3rd or 10th december and then go back for the last 3 weeks of summer term like you. How long have you been teaching? xx

Ooh how exciting....can't believe how similar we are! Which neck of the woods you teach in? I thought it was best not to let onto the parents as they would all want their children to go in the other reception class so like you thinking funny looks will come my way! I teach in Lancaster and have done four years now. Probably similar to you judging by your age...I worked in a bank before training so a bit older. Is your school in a good catchment ...mine is serving an estate with a e* for social deprivation so the children are very interesting at times:winkwink:

Lol we are similar. I'm in a nottingham city school but on a council estate so very white british but lots of social and behavioural problems!! I'm about to start my 3rd year so when bean announced himself it was a tad earlier than we had planned. He was a bit of a surprise as we were gonna start 'trying' in Nov/Dec so I could complete my 3rd year! Ah well fate had other plans! What's your topic when we start back?? xx

So we can sympathise about how tired we get meeting all those demands then! Our topic used to be all about me but can't remember what it changed to last year. We tend to do inductiony things as only have them all in full time for two weeks before half term. Lots of assessment of what they do or rather don't know! Trip round school, teaching them how to use the large open plan unit and outdoor classroom. I loved seeing your scan it makes me so excited for mine next week! Enjoy the last bits of resting before work beckons :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->