Budget Meal planning

This weeks, pretty boring as my car needs some new parts that is £490! So clearing out the freezer.

Sun Lasange and herby bread
Mon Chicken tikka massala
Tue Salmon with new potatoes
Wed Pizza and salad
Thur Macaroni cheese
Fri Baked potatoes with beans and cheese or tuna and mayo
Sat Beef casserole

Lunches will be homemade Pea and Ham soup, sandwiches, toasties, pasta etc. Breakfast is normally weetabix/porridge/museli etc with toast/crumpets/croissants and fruit

Here's this week:

Sat - Pizza and Chips
Sun - Fishcake and chips
Mon - Chicken and Bacon Pie with potatoes and carrots
Tue - Crispy Duck and Egg Fried Rice and Prawn Crackers
Wed - Work
Thur - Chicken burger / nuggets and chips
Fri - Spaghetti Bolognese

Not a great week, lol

Finally got it done. Decided im getting my food delivered on a tuesday now because its about £3 cheaper. And im tight like that.

M: jacket potato with cheese beans and salad
T: pasta bows and shells in a homemade sauce with cheese.
W: a slow cooker roast lamb dinner with all the trimmings.
T: bangers and mash with a giant yorkie
F: chicken breasts with wedges and beans and salad.
S: pizza cake icecream donuts ( LOs birthday party for the family)
S: smoked haddock with rice and steamed veg ( OH & LO will have roast potatos instead of rice. )

Im realy looking forward to the fish and rice. It will be a nice healthy change from the junk the day before.

This week's meal plan. Trying out 2 new recipes this week :)

Monday - Quorn chicken tikka masala, rice and naan bread
Tuesday - Meatballs, homemade pasta sauce, spaghetti, garlic bread and grated cheese
Wednesday - Steak grills, herb and garlic sweet potato wedges, peas and sweetcorn
Thursday - Sticky chicken drumsticks, jacket potato with cheese and salad
Friday - Bacon, leek and garlic and herb philly with pasta and garlic bread
Saturday - pork steaks, cheesy mash, peas and sweetcorn
Sunday - BBQ chicken thighs (like pulled pork) in tortillas with salad/cheese

Tuesday - Meatballs, homemade pasta sauce, spaghetti, garlic bread and grated cheese
Wednesday - Steak grills, herb and garlic sweet potato wedges, peas and sweetcorn

Do you make the sticky chicken sauce yourself?

Do you make the sticky chicken sauce yourself?

This is the first time I'm making it but yes I'm making it myself. This is the recipe I'll be using;

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4785/sticky-chicken-drumsticks

That looks amazing , thanks. I almost sent OH out the other night for some sticky bbq wings..... untill i realised they would be cold by the time he bikes back home. These will do nicely. Thank you. Let me know how they turn out.

Sure thing I'll post a picture this evening :) I just realised it'll have to be thighs instead of drumsticks as I don't have any in. Damn.

Plans for next week.
Monday-Lasagne, honey roasted parsnips, peas and garlic bread. (The parsnips are my craving atm lol)
Tuesday-Gammon, egg, pineapple and chippies.
Wednesday-sausage casserole, mash, carrots and peas with dumplings.
Thursday- spag bol and garlic bread.
Friday- Takeaway night although Iceland do chinese frozen meals which we will be doing once we have an additional freezer because ours is tiny!
Saturday- jacket potato, beans and cheese with a breaded chicken breast, il probably have beetroot, cucumber and spring onion salad with mine.
Sunday- toad in the hole roast with discounted chipolatas that i picked up the other week.

This week we've had -

Pasta with a tomato and pepper sauce.
Salmon brown rice corn on the cob and tender stem broccoli
Roast chicken with salady bits
chritzo (sp?) stew type thing
chicken soup
Not sure about any other meals yet.

I'm getting proper into slow cooker cooking! If anyone has any recipes I'd love to hear!!

Sat - SC Chilli, Rice and Tortillas
Sun - Mums
Mon - Toad in the Hole with Roasties and Carrots
Tue - SC Bacon, Chicken and Cheese Potato Bake
Wed - Work
Thur - Curry, Rice and Naan Bread
Fri - SC Hunters Chicken, Carrots and Roasties

I forgot to post a picture of the marinated thighs I did. They were nice, a little salty though so I'd cut down on the soy sauce.

https://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy267/sequeena1/temporary-6.jpg

I'm getting proper into slow cooker cooking! If anyone has any recipes I'd love to hear!!

Sat - SC Chilli, Rice and Tortillas
Sun - Mums
Mon - Toad in the Hole with Roasties and Carrots
Tue - SC Bacon, Chicken and Cheese Potato Bake
Wed - Work
Thur - Curry, Rice and Naan Bread
Fri - SC Hunters Chicken, Carrots and Roasties

Do you mind sharing your sc recipe for the bacon,chicken and cheese and potato bake??

Meal plans 10th-16th March

Monday - roast chicken dinner
Tuesday - chicken, tomato, pepper and cheese pasta bake, garlic bread
Wednesday - chicken korma, chips, naan bread
Thursday - sausage casserole
Friday - hot dogs, fried onions and corn on the cob
Saturday - Jacket potatoes, cheese beans and leftover smoked sausage
Sunday - honey mustard pork steaks and veg fried rice

Im only just starting to get into the slow cooker. I borrowed it from my mum 2 years ago and used it for the first time the other week to cook somr lamb. Was meant to do a chicken in ut yesterday but it didnt defrost in time. So i would also love slow cooker recipies. I couldnt believe how amazing the lamb was. And my entire house smelt delicious. OH even ate the veg even though LO was asleep.( OH hates veg. Apparently it all tastes of nothing. Our rule is if LO is awake he must have some however if LO is in bed he can have what he pleases.)

This thread has also just reminded me, i need to do food shop.

I have a slow cooker recipe book called 200 slow cooker recipes. I havent yet made a dish i dont like and it has vege meals, lite bites, soups and even desert. just to add ladies i have just gone onto sainsbury where i usually shop and clicked on great offers. I have done most my shopping on these offer pages and found things you never stumble accross in the shop. I usually get 15 meatballs in the 3 for £10 deal but just found 12 for £2 as the are lamb and not the usual beef! I dont usually do this but will from now on and will probably just do the shopping online so i know i can get what is shown.

Thought id try and bring this back, im stuck for ideas again.

Now its summer I could do with a few ideas. Will probably be doing things like jacket potato and salad, pasta bakes and more salad. Made an amazing chicken fried rice last week. would love some nice budget ideas. :flower:

Today we had chicken wraps. It was basically 2 birds eye chargrilled chicken breasts sliced, a little gem lettuce, 2 sliced tomatoes, grated cheese and some mayo in wraps. Love it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->