Budkins, wooden castles - help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bid

Reaction score
We're planning to buy DS the Melissa and Doug Castle for xmas when he'll be turning 3, but it doesn't come with any figures. The M&D figures are a bit cheap and scary looking, the Budkins look much better quality and more detailed. So I was wondering if they are compatible size-wise and if they are worth buying?

Thing is while looking at the Budkins, I noticed they do a Budkins castle too, and now I'm doubting my choice with the M&D one. The Le Toy Van castles cost a bit more and get mixed reviews so that's why we were looking at the M&D one, which is apparently bomb proof and can be used with plastic figures when he gets older. I looked at plastic castles too but DS is still quite happy using his Happyland stuff just now so I don't want to jump into Playmobil or anything too fiddly/realistic when he's still happy to play with the cute stuff, and we're hoping to have another baby next year so would like something they could play with together. A lot of the reviews said they use the M&D one with Playmobil figures anyway, so I think it'd last a good while. But now I'm utterly confused and wondering if the Budkins one would be a better buy for him now.

This is the M&D one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0028RBIQS?pc_redir=1410325416&robot_redir=1

I've got a voucher to use so can get it for £40, which is about the same price as the Budkins castle. The Budkins castle is much smaller and simpler but it comes with one figure, a throne and a cannon ball launcher. Would obviously need to get more figures which ever one I buy. This is the Budkins one:

https://www.enchanted-wood.co.uk/le...ir?cName=action-toys-category-knights-castles

Help!

I have no idea but I would say if the budkins castle is smaller then surely they would fit well in the m&d one? Again not talking from personal experience but a friend had the van toy pirate ship and a cake stand both broke within a short time and neither child rough. (Although like I said not mine personally she may have just been unlucky!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"