Bump buddies MrsWifey, Babywisher19, Satine51 and others welcome Aug 2011

I found baby again last night, I was having terrible stomach cramps and I was starting to panic myself so thought I would have a go with the doppler and went straight to the heartbeat .. was brilliant :thumbup:

I think we are going to find out the sex at the 20 week scan, I would love a surprise but Im too organised and want to get everything bought. OH also wants to know so I think were going fot it. Like you Lilli I have absolutely no preference i would love a little boy or a girl so will be so happy no matter what :happydance:

Was that your baby heart beat Angie? Sounded like a little train near the end... i think the old wives say choo choo train = girl, galloping horse = boy...
I booked my NCT classes last night. Starting may 3rd, 7.30-9.30pm for lots of tuesdays, one day time (women only) and one saturday lunch time. Quite exciting.
I'm looking proper preggers today, i've just given up trying to hold it in!
Only 3 days till my scan!:happydance:

Ohhh that's interesting lilli - yep that was my little bubba

I'm meant to be booking mine up but Rus doesn't want to go and I didn't want to go on my own with couples all there

xxx

We've decided not to find out the gender, actually hubby wants to know but I just really like the idea of finding out when it pops out and then telling everyone 'its a boy/girl', so hubby has to wait until then. I think that he thinks I'll change my mind! I said I'd only find out if it was twins and he seemed happy enough with that! We've got names for a girl and a boy already and although he'd like out first to be a boy and I'd like a girl (typical!) neither of us mind really!

:happydance::happydance: found my baby heart beat last night!!! :happydance::happydance:
Ahhhhh, made me so happy! Hubby was too but not as interested/impressed as me... is it a man thing? He listened for a couple of seconds and then took his ear phones off and said "yeah, well we're going to see it on monday"
Well, he's not wrong! 48 hours from now we'll be all scanned and know if it's ok and if there's just one... :happydance:
And i'm a plum!
All good stuff :thumbup:

woo hoo Lilli :happydance::happydance:
Was it really low down?
Yay scan on monday - do you know where the maternity bit of hemel used to be?
Yeah its a man thing - i could listen for hours but Rus just ahhh thats nice and then walked off

xxx

yeah, quite low about 2 inches above my pubic bone, slightly to the right :) It's sort of behind the really strong 'pow pow pow' (i'm thinking umbilical), so i find that, wait a min for that to move?! and then the baby train/horse heart (cant tell which) is quieter but definatley there! :happydance: Ah, it's such a relief!
I thought it was probably a boy thing with the quick listen then away again. I reckon it's because he hasn't had the whole "is there a baby in there? isn't there? is my body just going crazy?" He just took it for granted when i waved the test at him and hasn't had any self doubt, knew he had to wait till the scan, job done. Bless him :hugs:
He decided i needed some exercise, so we walked out to the Plough Pub in Tyttenhangar, less than 2 miles but felt like 5, ate the biggest bangers and mash and proper waddled home! :) Now i think i will need to be forcibly ejected from the sofa if anyone wants me to go anywhere.
I've been to Hemel hospital once, up a hill and well hidden! Is it just in the main building?
Shame your OH doesn't want to do classes. Will you do the standard antenatal classes? or can a friend go with you?
Anyone doing anything fun this weekend? Or taking it easy (like me)? And how is everyone feeling?
:hugs:

yeah, quite low about 2 inches above my pubic bone, slightly to the right :) It's sort of behind the really strong 'pow pow pow' (i'm thinking umbilical), so i find that, wait a min for that to move?! and then the baby train/horse heart (cant tell which) is quieter but definatley there! :happydance: Ah, it's such a relief!
I thought it was probably a boy thing with the quick listen then away again. I reckon it's because he hasn't had the whole "is there a baby in there? isn't there? is my body just going crazy?" He just took it for granted when i waved the test at him and hasn't had any self doubt, knew he had to wait till the scan, job done. Bless him :hugs:
He decided i needed some exercise, so we walked out to the Plough Pub in Tyttenhangar, less than 2 miles but felt like 5, ate the biggest bangers and mash and proper waddled home! :) Now i think i will need to be forcibly ejected from the sofa if anyone wants me to go anywhere.
I've been to Hemel hospital once, up a hill and well hidden! Is it just in the main building?
Shame your OH doesn't want to do classes. Will you do the standard antenatal classes? or can a friend go with you?
Anyone doing anything fun this weekend? Or taking it easy (like me)? And how is everyone feeling?

yeah thats basically where i found it :happydance:
Oooo i know the plough - havent been there in years and we only live about 7 mins drive from there.
I'm not sure what to do about antenatal classes - dont really want anyone else going :shrug:
Yeah as you go up the hill you have a first turning and then a second - if you go in the 2nd and follow the road around it will bring you to where the old maternity ward was - you can park there and go in that way as its that side - we went in the other way and it was about a ten min walk through the building to get there

xxx

We've decided not to find out the gender, actually hubby wants to know but I just really like the idea of finding out when it pops out and then telling everyone 'its a boy/girl', so hubby has to wait until then. I think that he thinks I'll change my mind! I said I'd only find out if it was twins and he seemed happy enough with that! We've got names for a girl and a boy already and although he'd like out first to be a boy and I'd like a girl (typical!) neither of us mind really!

This is why we are finding out - we have had some big arguements about names already

xxx

Woohoo, I'm a lime! Seems so bizarre that baby is as substantial as a lime and I don't even feel pregnant! I'm hoping that after the scan it'll feel more real, at least I'll have a picture to look at!

Anyone else freezing cold? Or to be more acurate, anyone else's hubby have some wierd internal heat source that means they don't feel the cold and look at you strangly cos you dare mention it despite the fact you are sitting in your house with a scarf on and a hot water bottle and still have to argue to be 'allowed' to put the heating on!? Grr, at times like this I feel like I may as well be living in a cave!

Woohoo, I'm a lime! Seems so bizarre that baby is as substantial as a lime and I don't even feel pregnant! I'm hoping that after the scan it'll feel more real, at least I'll have a picture to look at!

Anyone else freezing cold? Or to be more acurate, anyone else's hubby have some wierd internal heat source that means they don't feel the cold and look at you strangly cos you dare mention it despite the fact you are sitting in your house with a scarf on and a hot water bottle and still have to argue to be 'allowed' to put the heating on!? Grr, at times like this I feel like I may as well be living in a cave!

:rofl: i actually laughed out loud when i read that - i could of written that a few weeks ago - totally agree they seem to be constantly hot and theres me in the bed trying to keep warm - i used to sneak the heating on :haha: - this week i'm not as bad

yayyyyy for liime week

xxx

This is why we are finding out - we have had some big arguements about names already

xxx

Actually MrsWifey, i think you may've changed my mind a bit... i quite like the idea of having to ask what it is... hmmmm. We have names we like for either... oh well, plenty of time to decide :)

As for heat/cold... early pregnancy it was like i had my own in-built radiator all of a sudden, i was really hot and getting too hot in the night but now, i'm cold most of the time! especially my feet! i am on the sofa now with my Slanket and the thermostat on 22 degrees. Hubby has just got home so he might try and turn it down.... I generally get asked "dont you know the price of gas?" to which i generally reply that i dont care! :)

Yeah, had my scan. One little fat baby in there! My dates have me as 12+2, they said 12+3 so pretty spot on...:thumbup:
It was jumping about all over the place, waving and turning to face us, then he/she did a headstand and went upside down :happydance:
The sonographer was really lovely but he had to keep prodding baby to make him/her turn over again! Funny.
The measurements look fine, so waiting for blood test results now. Awww, so lovely to finally see him/her!!! :happydance:
oh, it says Gemma cos that is my first name, but i use my middle name, Lillian. :wacko:

Attachments

• Scan10002.jpg
    Scan10002.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Scan10001.jpg
    Scan10001.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Scan10003.jpg
    Scan10003.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 4
Wow Lilli, your pics are amazing. Eek, can't wait for mine! Does it all seem more real now that you've seen baby?

Has anyone started using any bump/baby nicknames? I've nicknamed mine Mogwi (like the gremlin) cos it's small and cute and comes with a ridiculous set of rules!

Hello Ladies,

Lilli, what a wonderful bunch of photos. Your little one is so cute! I also had the scan today, but only basic one so don't know about down's etc. I have some pics, so will share later! It was surreal seeing our baby jumping around yet I can't feel a thing. I've just told my Mum and my sisters, they were so excited! We are telling our in-laws this weekend, can't wait!

Mrs Wifey, I keep calling it little one we haven't got a nickname yet. Mowgli is so cute though!

It's so weird, lying there and they're prodding your tummy and you can see 'it' wriggling on the screen but cant feel it moving. It's brilliant, feels so much more real now. Shed a few tears out of the corner of my eye! And we've just told most of our friends, it feels strange talking about it out loud! :) Everyone is really excited cos we're the first in our close group.
Little Sausage is the usual name, we keep calling it 'he' though which is a bit odd, don't want to give her a complex?! might start calling it Bobby cos it bobs about all the time and that could be unisex... Ahhhh, feel a bit brain fried right now. So relieved that there is actually a little person in there! :happydance:
Awww, feeling a bit emotional all over again!

Aww WOW Lilli your pictures are amazing!!
Ive got mine on Friday - I can not wait!!!! Im so excited and VERY nervous..

Im a plum tomorrow... time definetly feels like its going quicker now!! :happydance:

Ahhhh hun what fantastic piccys :cloud9: - All so real now isnt it

xxx

Just watched this weeks One Born Every Minute, love it! Got a headache now from crying though!
Had another moody 'I don't feel pregnant' moment yesterday, boo hoo! Can't wait for the scan just so I've got some evidence that it's real and not just my imagination! It seems strange to think that there is a little baby the size of a lime moving about in me and I can't even feel it!

MrsWifey, when is your scan?
Angie, how is your wrist now?
I have been brave and just watched the last two 'One Born Every Minute'. Crikey! i felt so sad for young amelia last night. stupid boyfriend, wonder what he'd been up to! :)
I told my bosses today. It was slightly embarrassing, i felt like i was a school kid telling a teacher i'd had sex... really weird! But they were both really nice and happy for me and i felt better to have done it!
And i told my friend who's going through a tough time with ivf. I felt awful but i wanted to tell her rather than for her to hear from someone else. She's so sweet and lovely and gave me a big hug. I was more nervous telling her than anyone else i think. Fingers crossed for her two week wait...
Have any of you bought maternity clothes yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->