Bump buddies MrsWifey, Babywisher19, Satine51 and others welcome Aug 2011

ahh my jeans dont fit!! I have been looking at getting maternity clothes :blush: because all mine are sooo uncomfortable now..

Im 11 weeks tomorrow :happydance: and I heard babies heartbeat this morning on the doppler - its 164 sooooo happy.

How are you feeling now babywisher? I really feel for you, you have had such a poop time of it.

Mrswifey, glad your midwife appt went well and your finger is ok - Im guessing we all have baby brain, I have a big burn on my arm where I leant on a hot plate at work, my skin actually sizzled - Ive only worked there 6 years and never done it before :dohh: ouchy..

hope everyone is ok! 10 days until my scan woop woop

LOOK!!

I had yet another scan, to check babys okay.

10 weeks and 4 days

baby 10wks 4days.jpg

im amazed at the difference from the cluster of cells it was at 6 weeks!

It was proper wriggeling around and dancing! its so beautiful and perfect!

How is everyone else doing? im finding first tri hard but trying my best to cope! roll on second tri! xxx

Oooh, nice one Kaths! Have you heard it on your angelsounds yet? I haven't tried for a few days... Might go give it a go now :)
I've got my consultants appointment tomorrow afternoon, fingers crossed for a quick scan or heart beat check :happydance:
been the longest day EVER at work, roll on maternity leave!
getting very bored of keeping this a secret now, so nearly told another 2 people today but managed to keep it buttoned.
Ordered some maternity clothes today. So pleased that i can live in flip flops all summer. I remember when my friend had her first, she had to get special extra wide shoes cos her feet swelled so much! And then ended up going to hospital in her slippers cos she couldn't get them on at the end!!!
Bye for now, :hugs:

kaths i think i found mine on doppler yday also!!! im certain but nervous to say incase people think im making it up! it took me 20 mins to find, and alot of aussie hair syrum LOL but i found it!

OH WOW babywisher, what a little cutie!!!! :)
That's so clear, it's amazing. Perfect little profile. Congratulations! Awwww, even more excited to get a scan now (if that's possible)!
I hope you have no more ailments now! Gorgeous pic! :hugs:

Congratulaions Babywisher your scan is lovely - so clear and definetly baby shaped now, must be worth all the weeks of feeling rubbish :hugs:

Lilli, Im finding it hard to keep secret too, there are 2 people at work who are pregnant and just talk about babies all the time! I want to join in! I so nearly told them but I have to wait just over a week now.
It took me quite a while to find the heartbeat too, even though I had gone over the same place lots of times, it suddenly appeared so baby had just got in position for me and it was very clear :happydance:

And this my first post as a LIME :dance:

Kaths, cograts on the lime and the heartbeat, so exciting! i asked the midwife on mon if she'd check for one but she said it was too early and most people just get more stressed out when they can't find one.

Babywisher, your scan pic is amazing! It's so clear. I booked my scan in today for 2 weeks time, can't wait! Is everyone having the dating and nuchal scan or just a dating scan? We've gone for dating and nuchal, we figured that they may as well check everything while we're there.

I'm finding it really hard not to let everyone at work know about baby, especially as everyone outside of work does! I've told 3 people at work so far so I don't think it'll be long before everyone else finds out anyway.

Nearly at second tri ladies x :baby:

oh so disappointed... went for my 3.20 consultant appointment, dragged hubby along. waited waited waited. blood pressure checked, urine sample delivered. different waiting room. waited waited waited. Saw a doctor at about 4pm, not the consultant i was booked to see and he wouldn't see if he could hear baby and no scan. Big old fat waste of time. Didn't tell me anything i didn't know! i think they were meant to see me when i first got pregnant "lost the bit of paper" so fit me in now when they might as well have waited until after my scan on monday...
Soooo annoying. i hate waiting!!!!! Today i am grumpy!
I'm having dating and nuchal scan on the 31st, next monday.

Congrats on your lime :happydance:

i wonder if any of us are having twins... triplets... quads? haha :baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby:

Sorry you had a rubbish appt Lilli, not long until your scan though and I'm sure when you see your little baby on the screen it'll more than make up for the hassle!

Oh, and bloomin hubby, we're sat in the waiting room chatting and i was going "maybe he's going to tell me there's no baby and i'm just fat" and DH goes "nah, there's no way you could've put on that much..." and trailed off. That much weight that quickly i think he was going to say!!!! how rude!
i played the hurt, indignant wife and he was saved by the nurse calling me in. Bad hubby!
(but reasonably amusing, just hope he's right!)

Thanks Mrs Wifey, i know, i'm just being silly and grumpy. Monday isnt too far away... think i'd just made myself believe that i'd get something today. On the plus side i now know that i am blood group A+ and i am negative for syphilus, HIV and Hepatitus... trust me, i really wasn't worried about any of those! ha. Oh and i'm immune to ruebella. I'm just being a brat and wanting everything now! :)
So far the only people that know about our baby are my sister and brother in law, my friend from uni who is 13 weeks pregnant and my friend from work who is 21 weeks pregnant (and her husband). And hubby told his friend whose wife is 13 weeks... I found it such a relief to tell my friend at work.
i think people might be guessing soon, haven't had my trousers done up for the past 3 days! :winkwink:

Hello Ladies, long time no see! Just an update, after many phone calls and chasing I finally got a proper booking appointment in my hospital next wednesday (hurrah!) but still no scan date!
I am so impatient that we have decided to have another private scan on Monday, I really want to start telling people now!! The downside is that it's just a basic scan, not nuchal so I hope that I get an NHS date quickly, following the midwife appointment.

I have been really hormonal/weepy this week, eek!!
Oh, I didn't tell you, we went for a hospital tour last week and it was so lovely and really reassuring. They have great facilities and great staff (it's St richard's in Chichester). There were some lovely photographs of babies on ward that made me cry! (everything makes me cry recently!!) :cry:

Hi Satine, yes im feeling abit emotional too - deal or no deal made me cry tonight :haha:

Im having the nuchal and scan next friday 4th. Does anyone know if we have to take a wee sample? no-ones mentioned it - I think im getting confused with midwife appts! baby brain already - I blame that!!!

Hi Kaths,
I havent been told to take a urine sample for monday, i have however been told to drink a pint and a half of non-fizzy drink an hour before the appointment, so if they want a urine sample, they can wait until 2 seconds after they've finished scanning! :thumbup:
So so so cant wait. I wanna see my baby! :baby:

Hi girls

How is everyone - just trying to catch up

That scan is lovely babywisher :flower:

Oh Lilli that wasnt a nice appointment - You may not hear the heartbeat for a while yet apart from on your doppler they never looked at my consultant appointment or 12 week scan - have a feeling i will at my 16 week midwife appointment.

Oh and no wee sample at the scan Kaths they just do the scan and then send you for the blood test and i got weighed too - i drank 2 small bottles of water 1 on the way in the car and 1 as i got there and the picture was perfect

I just got my results today and i'm low risk at 1:5700 :happydance:
Some dull cramping started again the last few days but i was told to expect it (round ligament pain)
I also found bubba on my doppler on tuesday night - only for 20 secs and then the sod hid behind the placenta again :haha:

xxx

Hi Angie,
Good test results, it's all so exciting!:thumbup:
I still haven't found my little lump on the doppler, i'll keep trying though!
Are any of you going to find out the sex? Hubby is saying he doesn't want to know, but i think i do... i don't think i have a preference, i just want a healthy baby but i think some advance warning might be good? It would mean getting a private scan though...:shrug:
:flower:

Yep I'm paying for a private gender scan at 17 weeks - can't wait
I finally found bubba around 1 inche above the pubic hair line and to the right

Xxx

Yeah, i keep listening around there, i get the whoooosy, wind in the trees noise and a really strong 'pow pow pow' pulse, so placenta and umbilical? or placenta and some other bit of me... I thought i heard the baby but i literally only heard it for a second and then it was gone again so i couldn't be sure. I searched for ages but s/he was hiding from me! :)

One of my best friends asked me straight out today in an email. if i didnt love her so much i'd of been furious. It's just because she knows how much we want this and her amature detective nose had gone into over drive. I told her she'd ruined the surprise for herself but that i wouldnt lie to her... :shrug: think she might've actually shed a tear of joy at her desk! haha
Now let's hope there's only one baby in there, it's her wedding 4 weeks before due date and i dont want an early arrival! :)

i found it right by the whoosh - for some people its just too early - found it alot more easily tonight

https://tinypic.com/r/2i6lwz6/7 :happydance:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->