Bump buddies MrsWifey, Babywisher19, Satine51 and others welcome Aug 2011

hi hun

Yeah i felt so much better for telling people
My wrist is still sore and still in plaster until the 11th but everyday i can do slightly more.
I just bought a bigger size of clothes for now :flower:
Picked up my maternity notes from st albans today - i only rang to see the latest time in the day i would be able to pick them up next week and she said they were in - i felt a bit freaked out when i got them - like time is moving so fast

xxx

Yeah, they gave me my notes last week after my consultants appointment. Felt a bit weird carrying them around with me! Then the lady said i should take them with me everywhere! Hmmm
So, we're looking to try and book a holiday first 2 weeks of march, bit of hot sunshine and last holiday as a couple! How strange does that sound?
I'm feeling quite well rounded today, as in big fat belly! :haha:

Hey girls, im a plum today :happydance:

I am looking at maternity clothes now as mine are getting very uncomfortable just around the tummy when I sit down, I have bought one size bigger but they are too big everywhere else and I look like a sack of spuds (and feel)..

Ive got my scan On Friday - getting excited now and heard baby on the doppler today which is great, I just keep thinking im going to get in there and theres nothing there or just a blob or a baby with 2 heads or something :cry:

ahh your bound to feel like that kaths - all will be fine - i hate this middle bit where your getting bigger but not quite ready for maternity clothes

I want to go for a 2 week holiday - we are going on 2 short breaks in this country one in a few weeks and one in may

xxx

Hello Ladies,

I had my 1st proper booking appointment in the hospital today and it was so much better than my 1st experience with community midwife :thumbup:
The hospital midwife was really lovely and patient, spent ages talking to me/filling forms etc. I've got my scan booked as well, for next Tuesday :happydance:
All in all, feeling much more positive now but this could be because I am having a week off work. (oh, how I love sweet lie-ins! :sleep:)
I have told my closest family (not in person, as they live in a different country :nope:), on Saturday we are telling my in-laws (really looking fwd to that!)

Kaths101, I am also looking at some new pieces for my wardrobe. None of my work trousers are comfortable anymore, but it's too early for maternity clothes, I think. Has anybody seen the website https://www.seraphine.com/
I love their maternity range!

Yeay, i am SOOOO pleased everyone is getting their scans! :)
Kaths, i felt the same, i was practically holding my breath when the sonographer put the probe thing on my tummy and started to look about. You'll be fab :thumbup:
Satine, i am so pleased that you have finally had the good experience that you should have had from the start! I have seen that Seraphine website, some of those dresses are lovely.
Does anyone else find that their clothes are ok in the morning but tighter in the evening?
I am a very lucky girl, hubby has just rung to say he has booked us a holiday to Mauritius!!!! :happydance: woooohoooooo 4th of march for 10 days. I love sunshine :happydance:

:wave:

Im back :happydance::happydance:

https://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad350/kaths101/babyrobinson.jpg

Baby was great - waving and kicking away, and my nuchal measurement was 1.2mm was i'm really happy with..
What a fab day, best feeling ever seeing your little bubs on the screen and I measured exactly 12+2 so dont have to change my ticker lol

ETA that picture came out a lot bigger then I expected ooops

Yey, congratulations Kaths!!!:happydance: Cute photo, like that little hand is waving! :)
It's so amazing to see them wriggling about isnt it?

Just seen that i am a big old peach today! I got some amazing lounge pants from ASOS yesterday, OMG they are so comfortable! Bit big but i'm sure i'll grow into them :)
https://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Mate...=8345&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black

The Jersey Wrap Bust Dress is really nice as well. Both quite thin and light weight but we are going to be biggest over summer...
Have a good weekend, :hugs:

Hi ladies. Im so sorry iv been so poo. Its been weeks since iv been here i know.

Im now just over 12 weeks, and although lots and lots of sickness.. bug after bug and lots of scares including more hospital stays..
Baby is beautiful. growing perfectly and things are beginning to get better.

iv gained 4 lbs, which isnt bad concidering my diet has gone to pot due to all this sickness palava. . and my bump is massive.. far too big!

Hope all of you gals are doing okay, and are blooming beautifully. Here is a pick of me and bump! x

ferns pic 085.jpg

ferns pic 084.jpg

My sister-in-law is having her second IVF at the moment, they've been trying for 4 years and telling her we were pg was really upsetting. She was happy for us but it's hard for her. My scan is on weds but SIL finds out if her IVF has worked on tues so I'm really excited for me but so anxious for her too, I really hope it works out for them cos she's so desperate to be a mum and it'll be so cool to be pg with her too.

Feeling quite upbeat and excited about it all now, can't wait until weds! I've told a couple of people at work but not the masses so will be bouncing around with my news after the scan. I thought I'd be mean and pin my scan photo to the noticeboard and see if they work out who it is, lol! I can imagine the rumours flying already!

Aw, babywisher, lovely bump :) Mine isn't much smaller but i think i'm quite a bit bigger build than you to start with, so mines working it's way through flab :haha: I daren't weigh myself! think it was about half a stone though when they weighed me after my scan. i didnt really want to look! :wacko:

MrsWifey, i told my friend who is in the middle of IVF last week. I felt awful telling her after all the horrible stuff she's going through with injections and everything else that goes with it... She was so lovely though, i started crying, she nearly did and gave me a big hug. She knows that we'd been trying for over 18 months so is really happy for us. I still felt almost guilty though. Just didn't want her to hear from other people. Fingers crossed for her getting a positive next friday...

I came on BnB for a whinge but then saw a thread about poor Amanda Holden, how terrible. :cry: Put my (very very pathetic and nothing) grumbles into perspective.

i love the idea of putting your scan photo on the notice board! that would be so funny. Gawd, if i did that at my place the gossips would explode! :)

Lol, just realised I missed out a whole page when I wrote my last entry so it may have seemed a bit random but was meant to be a response to what Lilli wrote about her friend and IVF - blame it on the baby brain! :dohh:

Kaths, your scan pic looks so cute and good to hear everythings ok, almost my turn! :happydance:

I heard about Amanda Holden, it's so sad. It's terrible and I feel sad for her but at the same time I don't want to think about it too much :cry:

Have you all started buying bits now you've had your scans? I want to go and buy a nice photo album and put baby's first pic in it.

haha, i thought i'd said all that before, but confused myself! blame that on my baby brain! haha :haha:

i went to Matalan in St A and was ooohing and aaahing over the cute baby clothes. Then found out that they don't stock maternity clothes there, so i forgot about the cute things and left. Drove to the big new New Look at London Colney and they don't stock maternity clothes there. Grrrrrr. Went into the big Next at London Colney, didn't bother wandering just accosted the first shop assistant i saw. Yes, they do do maternity, it's in the children's wear section. Excellent i thought, finally! Got distracted by the gorgeous baby clothes, picked a few things up but put them back down again in my mission to find clothes for me first... I'm not kidding, i could've fit all of it in my under stairs cupboard and that is not a big cupboard!
Managed to get some black trousers for £20 that'll do for work. i wasn't very impressed but i couldn't bare the thought of work tomorrow in tight trousers!
So, i have wanted to buy baby things, but have resisted so far!
If you sign up to Aptamil you get a free soft polar bear toy (very cute) and if you sign up to Cow&Gate you get a free toy cow (not arrived yet), so so far my baby has a polar bear and nothing else! :)
The nursery is now freshly plastered so we'll be able to decorate soon and then think furniture...
So ASOS maternity clothes are nice with free delivery and Jojo Bebe Maman has nice stuff, bit more expensive, but free delivery. Actual shop wise, St Albans sucks! I'll stick to the internet! :)
I've been really good, gone through my wardrobe and given a bag of stuff to charity and put loads of things on ebay (some still with labels on!)
Crikey, roller coaster of mood swings today! :shrug: weird.

very sad about Amanda Holden - it doesnt bear thinking about something happening that far along :cry:

Im on the search for maternity clothes but I really need to go somewhere to try on - I cant do internet shopping as things hardly ever fit me! Stupid body shape!! Long body, short legs :nope: but I just havent got the energy to go shopping at the moment...

Good Luck for Wednesday mrs Wifey, Its a fab feeling seeing you little bean bouncing around in there.

Ive signed up for the cow and gate cow and the polar bear too, I have also bought a little pair of booties and an all in one suit, Im not going to buy anything big until after 20 weeks though. OH is adament we are not going to buy anything until s/he is born!!!! :wacko: So I guess once his idea is Ive been in labour for so many hours and have a newborn baby THEN we will stop off at asda on the way home!! MEN!!! :haha: So im secretly buying a few bits now and putting them away. Im sure he will come round in time - well he better do because we do actually need a car seat to get the baby home in lol ..

yayyy kaths glad it went well - lovely piccy :cloud9:

Woooo babywisher that is a lovely bump - jealous

Lilli - how weird i was in colney today - went in sainsburys to make the most out of the 1/3 off baby bits - i also looked for some stretchy trousers for work but nothing.

I have joined up to every club going :haha: love my aptimal polar bear and my pack from emmas diary and if you join asda baby club you get a free huggies box which has one pack of nappies, one pack of wipes, a little hat and some vouchers :thumbup:

I have alot of things coming up - finally getting this bloody cast off on friday then my sex scan on tuesday then midwife on wednesday and then a little break for 4 nights from friday - cant wait

xxx

Kaths, that is so funny that your hubby wants to wait to get stuff! i can understand not wanting to fill your house with stuff now... haha, Can you imagine stopping at the supermarket on your way home from hospital?!

Angie, you are ever so busy at the moment! Lots going on. I nearly went down to Marks and Sparks after Next and Boots but was so grumpy by that point i just went home!

I had a bit of a weird hormonal moment earlier. Hubby thinks it's hilarious to pull my trousers down, i'm wearing super comfy ones from ASOS that are maternity and too big at the moment. I got cross and said "stop doing that or i'll cry" He pulled them down and i started proper bawling like a little kid!!! it was a real face scrunching "wah wah waaaahhhh" and i could not stop. So funny and so weird all at the same time :cry::haha:

Good luck for wednesday Mrs Wifey :)
:hugs:

Kaths, that is so funny that your hubby wants to wait to get stuff! i can understand not wanting to fill your house with stuff now... haha, Can you imagine stopping at the supermarket on your way home from hospital?!

Angie, you are ever so busy at the moment! Lots going on. I nearly went down to Marks and Sparks after Next and Boots but was so grumpy by that point i just went home!

I had a bit of a weird hormonal moment earlier. Hubby thinks it's hilarious to pull my trousers down, i'm wearing super comfy ones from ASOS that are maternity and too big at the moment. I got cross and said "stop doing that or i'll cry" He pulled them down and i started proper bawling like a little kid!!! it was a real face scrunching "wah wah waaaahhhh" and i could not stop. So funny and so weird all at the same time :cry::haha:

Good luck for wednesday Mrs Wifey :)
:hugs:

:rofl: rus does that all the time - but if he does it too much now i scream at him and call him all the names i can think off :haha: hormones ey

xxx

Aw, my poor cat Alfie has been under attack... thursday night i took him to the vets for a bite on his tail, it got shaved and cleaned, injections, anti-biotics to give him, £90. Late friday night, i spotted a wound on his inside back thigh... Now he's been quite grouchy and wouldn't really let me look... blahblahblah, took him back to the vets this morning, he's been in all day. Anaesthetic, stitches, more antibiotics, house arrest for two weeks with a lamp shade on his head!!! £500. Luckily he is insured so i will get a chunk of that back, but paying upfront was painful! My poor little fur bag!

One of my good friends has just announced her baby is due on the 8th of Aug! I've known for a little while but they've had problems before and she just had a scan today and now feel like they can tell people. November must've been a good month! :)

aww Lilly your poor cat and your poor purse. Animals are expensive arent they, I took my alfie dog for his booster and nail clipping and had 3 of my bunnies vaccinated - £100! Oh well wouldnt be without them!!

November was a fab month!!! :winkwink:

I've started peeking in the 2nd tri forum and realised that its a bit like moving up to middle school! You go from being one of the oldest who knows everything to a newbie who is just starting out again, lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->