Bump buddies MrsWifey, Babywisher19, Satine51 and others welcome Aug 2011

Hmm, Just realised baby's an avocado and now I want to eat one! (An avocado not a baby!)

Has anyone looked at buggys/prams yet? We went last weekend - Toys are us were quite helpful but Mothercare was rubbish and they don't have any information on their displays! We LOVE the mamas and papas ultima 9 in 1 in 'mimi' but it's quite pricey! Let me know what you think.

Hi Mav, welcome to BnB :flower:

Hi Wifey,
I think that they can fill in your MATB1 at your 20 week scan for you?! i haven't got the form yet but have another midwife app at 24 weeks. I'm sure your HR wont freak if you wait until after your 25 week midwife appointment... if they're anything like mine, they'll forget :haha:

Have you heard of this place at Peterborough? https://www.kiddicare.info/ only takes an hour from Stevenage apparently. My friend has been up a couple of times.

Think my hubby is in denial about how much stuff we need... :shrug: We can wait until after the 20 week scan. :) I've told him we're going here after our scan: https://www.thebabyshop.eu/ for you Hertfordshire people. Another friend got lots of things from here but i've not been in yet.

feeling very tired all the time regardless of how much sleep i get! does anyone have glowing skin and shiny hair? :wacko:

Hello to all and welcome to Mav

Mrs Wifey, I am not sure about MAT B form, I am also not seeing a midwife until 26 weeks, but maybe a GP could issue one? I will investigate nearer the date!

Lilli, thanks for the link. Booo, I want to start baby shopping and I want to start NOW!! Hubby is not having any of it until the scan (for which I haven't got a date yet!)
I started looking at bits and bobs online, including prams but they are so confusing! I love Icandy prams, but I am not sure if they are worth the price, they are SO expensive! I also quite like this one (much cheaoer!) https://www.isme.com/disney-classic...rowseToken=/b/2645,4294958754/s/bestsellers,0
or babystyle oyster https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_54_10751_-1_14601_122899_10001_

I had my midwife appt today (the local one), she is such a cow! LOL! I don't really care that much though, I think she is grumpy because I am not giving birth at 'her' hospital. Anyway, I've heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time today. That was so surreal!! But lovely :happydance:

Hey Satine, i LOVE the disney one! it's gorgeous :)
i cant remember where you live?

My friend had the ICandy for her twins and has got rid of it recently... Are they all the same basic chasis and then you buy the extra bits to make them single/twin? I can ask her why she got rid if you like? It might be applicable to one baby too. I remember her saying it was very heavy. I think the choice when you have twins is limited but she advised another twin mummy not to get the icandy.

I saw the midwife on monday, different one to the first time. I thought i'd see the same one all the way through and then she'd be there when i had baby... don't think that's the case though is it? Is that very old fashioned of me? I'm not bothered though, mondays was nicer than the first one i saw!

Sorry about the stretch marks Kaths101. Since this is not my 1st baby I've had time to realize that they definitely fade & are hardly noticable after a bit. Still no fun to get them though!! :(
Good news: Can't wait to get to avacado tomorrow!
Bad News: They cancelled my anatomy scan for tomorrow and had to move me to the 16th. 2 weeks MORE to wait!! BLAH! :(

I've just been looking on the front bump buddies page and cant believe that there people looking for november bump buddies! that was when we all conceived last year - in case you needed reminding! :)
Just seems so weird. i remember joining this site when i was about 5 week pregnant and it seems like ages and ages away...
Worked out today that in 19 weeks time i'll be thinking about going on maternity leave! I'm sort of planning to use annual leave to drop down to 3 day weeks end of june/july and then do official maternity leave in august (so 21 weeks from now). Love it! :happydance:
Work sucks at the moment, might see if i can get a ticker on my desktop counting down to maternity leave... firewall'll probably block it though.
Going on holiday on friday so i'll be missing from here until the 15th. Be so nice to get some sunshine! :thumbup:

My OH is being a spoil sport too regarding buying things, Im glad its not just mine - Im positive we will get to August and not have a single thing haha. I can see his point, i think once weve had the 20 week scan and we are half way there then we will start buying. We were in Asda today and he wouldnt even look at baby clothes :growlmad: though he did buy me 3 maternity tops in the sale today so i cant whinge too much haha
Ive got my midwife appointment tomorrow - looking forward to it, I have been listening to babies heartbeat with my doppler so i know its there.

Lilli, It is very strange seeing November people, i was amazed when I saw september and October and now November - were not newbies anymore!! Time is actually going quite fast now! Im also going to go to kiddicare in Peterborough, everyone I know thats been says its fab! They have a WHOLE floor of prams/pushchairs that you can push round, put up and down etc. That'll teach my OH to not let me buy anything he can spend a day trapsing round Kiddicare with me haha - they even have a cafe so we can have a stop off snack. Is it sad Im really looking forward to going :happydance:

Hi All,

Lilly, if you could ask your friend why she was selling her icandy that would be great. I have heard a lot of positive opinions, but I am not going to risk spending all this money if it turns out it's not absolutely perfect! Re: midwife, I guess it's the norm now to see a different one every time, which is a shame. Mind you, I was hoping that my community midwife would be different last time, but it was the same, miserable one! My hospital midwife is lovely though, so I do hope I would see her next time. It would be nice to have some continuity of service!
My works really sucks too at the mo, I've got a massive project to finish before I am off, but I am not even half way through! I am so knackered when I come home from work it's unreal. I am seeing someone from HR on Monday to go through all the rules etc. It's really getting more real now!

BTW, I live in Surrey, so Peterborough is too far for me. I need to find something similar in my area. Does anyone know if they branch out?

Susie, that's bad that you have to wait another 2 weeks! I still haven't had a date for mine. I keep chasing, but they tell me to be patient...

Kaths, hope yuor midwife appt goes well!

I am feeling not 100% today, I hope it's not a cold coming on!

Hiya,
Yes, i'll ask about the Icandy, it might just be something relevant to the twin one...
Not been to one but seen quite a few Babies R Us on my recent travels. Seem to have most things...
https://www.toysrus.co.uk/index.jsf...type=product&fh_start_index=0&fh_view_size=10
there's one near Tunbridge Wells... is that Surrey? :)
:hugs:

Hello, me again :)
This is what my friend said about the icandy:
Its the iCandy pear (twin) more specifically, found it very heavy and impractical one seat beneath that can't see anything. Two of my NCT group have the apple or peach and love them. Check the hoods as they used to be noisy to put up and down therefore waking baby and also don't buy their cosy toes john lewis own fit just as well and are £50 cheaper!
So it seems it was a twin buggy design issue, not really anthing about the icandy in general.
Only 2 more hours at work, then home time, then holiday tomorrow! woohoooo. Back in 11 days, hope everyone stays well.
:hugs:

Hi All,

Susie, that's bad that you have to wait another 2 weeks! I still haven't had a date for mine. I keep chasing, but they tell me to be patient...

Kaths, hope yuor midwife appt goes well!

I am feeling not 100% today, I hope it's not a cold coming on!

Hi Satine,

Best of luck meeting with HR and hammering out a leave schedule that works for you. :)

I am hanging in there about the scan-- time really goes quickly, so it's not so much longer to wait, really. ;)

I keep feeling as though I am getting a cold too, but then it all goes away. I was suspecting allergies, but it's the dead of winter here, and nothing is growing! ;) My sister keep reminding me that pregnancy hormones make our sinuses act up, so I must be lucky this time and keep experiencing that...?? :shrug:

Kaths101, how was your midwife appointment? Mine is today and will probably take all of 5 minutes!

I hope that you ladies all have a great day!

Hi all, My midwife appointment went ok, was only in there about 10 minutes - she listened to babies heartbeat which was nice and blood pressure etc was ok (BP had gone down).. was quite low but she said nothing to worry about.
The test swabs I did last week that I should have had the results for today were somehow lost and no results shown so had to do another swab today and have to wait ANOTHER week! :growlmad:

I feel like im getting a cold too but nothing happens, I had a really sore throat the other day but it might have been from too much talking :blush:

hi girls hope your all ok

susie - my midwife told me that they would never do the scan before 18 weeks so i wonder if someone realised they made a mistake and thats why it got changed
my pram is the brio sing - a unknown make really but a friend has it and i love it - i have been buying quite a lot recently - i went to kiddicare its brilliant - a whole floor of prams to test drive :thumbup:
I'm still having the cramps/growing pains and the bottom of my stomach feels really heavy like i have 4 stone of baby in there :haha:

xxx

ferns pic 097.jpg

ferns pic 098.jpg

heres me at 16 weeks ladies! sorry for not checking in more, feel rushed off my feet atm.

20 weeks scan is april 4th, not finding out sex but cant wait to see bump again!

Hi all. I finally put up an avatar!

I had my NP schedule all my appointments so I don't have to do the phone tag game. Next is 3/14. Not sure what they're actually doing. I will be at almost 17 weeks! Whenever I have my next ultrasound I hope to find out the sex. I wanna know who/what is growing in my belly :)

Babywisher, what a lovely bump. I still don't look pregnant!

I am an...onion?? I thought avocados were bigger than onions? :haha:

That's true Satine! :) I thought avacadoes were larger than onions myself...Must be a giant one!! I hope you ladies are all well today, and had a wonderful weekend.
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->