Bump buddies MrsWifey, Babywisher19, Satine51 and others welcome Aug 2011

wow, babywisher so excited 4 you! Show us the pics!! x

Wow, where from? ooooh, i want to buy some things :)
Got my date for my 20 weeks scan, 24th of march (did i tell you that already?! loosing my mind!) and said to hubby we could go shopping after the scan... we don't even have a free weekend before then.
Got my free Cow & Gate cow in the post, quite cute.
Taking Alfie cat to the vets now to get his stitches out, hopefully his personality will change back with the removal of his lamp shade head gear! :)

Good Morning Ladies! So nice to read all the posts of starting to decorate the nursery and get some baby gear!! Very exciting. I think we are going to end up moving my 2 boys into a larger room and use their smaller, current room as baby's nursery. We may start to move things, and maybe get some things, after the scan. :) Hope all are well today!! :)

https://www.mothercare.com/Winnie-P...002JE4X4Y&pf_rd_p=223220747&pf_rd_s=bottom-11

heres my cot!
To clarify i did not spend 280 on it! 40 quid in great condition 2nd hand from someone off netmums! (uk forum? for those of you who dont know..)

i said id get my cot 2nd hand if i could have a brand new rocking chair.. fab deal LOL x

wow babywisher, that is gorgeous! and what a bargain! good stuff :thumbup:

That is lovely babywisher, and it will go with everything! :) Congratulations on the find!

Babywisher, what a great find! I was looking at the same cot in the catalogue. You got yourself a bargain! :baby: xx

hi girls

Sorry i have been awol :flower:

I now have my cast off and just been on a little weekend break to hastings and it was exactly what we needed
We found out last week we are having a boy so i have been buying some boy bits from the asda sale and i have also bought my pram.
I have now stopped the mad short fuse temper i was having and that has been replaced with round ligament pain and my 20 week scan is on the 15th march - bit later than i expected

how is everyone - doing well i hope

xxx

Hi all, babywisher your cot is lovely and even more so as it was such a bargain!!

Angie did you go for a private scan then? I would love to know what im having now, I keep seeing loads of lovely baby clothes and cant buy anything.
Im still holding out until after our 20 week scan before i buy anything big though.

Is time going fast now for people? It does seem to be spedding up abit now after 12 weeks yaaaay

yep Kaths i had to go for a private scan as they wont tell you at your 20 weeks scan here
He was being a little sod and kept his legs crossed so i was told to go for a walk and eat some sugar so went to a shop and got a irn bru and milkyway and when she tried again he was asleep instead of more lively so i was told to sit in the waiting room and then 3rd time lucky he finally uncrossed his legs - stubborn just like his daddy :haha:

xxx

oooh dear, i have just discovered i can get on here from work!!! i thought it'd be blocked as 'social networking' or something! :happydance:
yey Angie, congrats on your boy! How exciting! i really think i want to know but hubby is adamant he doesn't. Boooooooo
We'll see, maybe at our 20 week scan baby will be doing the splits and we wont be able to avoid seeing...:thumbup:
I have a really weird stinging pain today, down low right. i know the baby is on the right so it's probably just growing pains. Anyone else had stinging? :shrug:
:hugs:

i get it in the middle and left where he is laying - midwife said its all growing pains - round ligament pains

i'm so glad we found out now

xxx

Hi All,

Angie, congrats on your little boy! I am dying to know the sex, but still haven't got my 20 week scan date. I chased them today but was told to wait patiently... patient? Moi? Never!

Lilli, hope your LO is doing some jumps and splits so you can see it clearly :winkwink: I also had some stinging pains down low on the left. Happened to me 2 or 3 times now. Could be growing pains :dohh:

Kaths, time is going just a tad faster for me, but not fast enough. There are still days when I don't feel pregnant. Anyone else?

Hi All,

Angie, congrats on your little boy! I am dying to know the sex, but still haven't got my 20 week scan date. I chased them today but was told to wait patiently... patient? Moi? Never!

Lilli, hope your LO is doing some jumps and splits so you can see it clearly :winkwink: I also had some stinging pains down low on the left. Happened to me 2 or 3 times now. Could be growing pains :dohh:

Kaths, time is going just a tad faster for me, but not fast enough. There are still days when I don't feel pregnant. Anyone else?

apprently the round ligament pain can start from 14 weeks so might be that
my midwife said to me i would get my letter for my scan around 18 weeks and i got it when i was 16 weeks

xxx

Hi Satine,
I only got my letter last week and my friend who is 4 days ahead of me and doing it all in the same hospital(s) hasn't got hers yet. I hate being patient!
Consultant tomorrow, hope something interesting happens :)
:hugs:

Hi ladies and welcome Susie x I feel like I haven't been on here for ages - just been feeling tired and anti-social, bleugh!

My achievement for the week - The last two nights I have slept through without waking up needing to go to the loo! :happydance: Woohoo! I've been having a few snuffles like some of you too, I think I remember reading somewhere that your nose etc is drier cos fluids are going to baby or something and that causes snuffles but I might just be making that up!

Hubby bought a travel system from someone he works with but we're giving it back cos they wanted £100 for it and said it was a Mamas and papas ultima which is going for about £185 on ebay but when we got it it was actually a mamas and papas freestyler which is an old style and goiing for about £20 on ebay and they didn't want to negotiate which is fine. Hopefully they'll get tha amount they want for it on ebay. Other than that we've got the highchair that huuby bought from the same collegue. I was in sainsbury's the other day and they had a 'buy one get two free' offer on huggies pure babywipes which you can use on newborn so I bought some of them and I saw a baby sleeping bag in the sale in Dunelm Mill so bought that too! I'm glad we're not finding out the sex of the baby, it helps curb the urge to buy stuff if you don't know whether it's a boy or girl!

I hope you're all doing well, We've got the midwife tomorrow and get to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time, yeay!

yey! good skills on two nights no toilet stops! :) i don't think i have the last two nights either...
i do remember being told that you get more mucus-y when you're pregnant so i guess that must be it... it hasn't really developed into a cold, just a few sneezes per day and general bunged up-ness.
My little bonus scan today made me so happy, couldn't believe it when i saw the little bub bobbing about and stretching. I posted about it on 2nd tri, basically at my consultant appointment the lovely man just asked if i'd like to see baby, hell yeah! :happydance:
i love my baby! :cloud9:

A night with no bathroom runs is precious for sure!! :) I find it harder to get back to sleep the bigger I get. ;) Anyone else having round ligament pains yet? I feel them already!

All this talk of baby gear reminds me to ask: Has anyone ever used or known someone who's had a Moby Wrap? They look wonderful, but I don't know if it's easy to use or not. How about any suggestions on a good nursing cover? :happydance:

Thanks!

I can't believe baby's the size of an orange! Told hubby and he was surprised too, I don't know where it's hiding cos I still only look a bit bloated, not really a bump or anything!

Susie, I googled the moby wrap, it looks really cool, don't know how easy it is to use though, sorry! We're getting a baby carrieer from my sister, she said she hardly used hers.

Lilli, yeay for bonus scans and nice consultants! Glad to hear everythings going well x

I was talking to my boss the other day about my mat leave and I'm going to take the first 2 weeks of august as holiday leave and then start my mat leave on my due date. So as of 1st Aug I won't be working for a while! Seems strange to have set a date, especially as it will be so busy at work at that time (3 weeks before the new store opens!). It has worked out quite well though as cos of the new store my mat cover will start about 3 weeks before I go so we'll be able to have a good handover and there'll be someone there to do the more physical part of my job (translate also as anything I don't feel like doing, lol!).

I think today will be bad day/good day. This morning I'm going to the dentist for the first time on 11 years - eek! I'm not scared about dentists at all, I just think they're expensive and it's just one of those things I've never got around to arranging so I'm dreading what he's going to say about my teeth! This afternoon I get to hear baby's heartbeat though so it will end in a very good day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->