Bump buddies MrsWifey, Babywisher19, Satine51 and others welcome Aug 2011

Aw, is he sucking his thumb? How cute! :)

So earlier today there was a big pink envelope on the mantel piece and being the stupid nag that i am, i was like 'what's that? what's that? you haven't got my birthday card already have you?' and i wouldn't drop it. And hubby not really snapped at me but was a bit sharp saying it was for tomorrow from bump and i'd ruined it. i burst into tears, cos it was sweet, cos i'm not a mummy yet and cos he'd been sharp with me. :cry: So then we were having a cuddle and hubby was talking about baby and said 'him' and i said through snot and tears that i thought we should find out what we were having so we knew what to call baby and cos i think hubby wants a boy to play golf with (boring!). So he sighed and said open your card now then. And i did and it was so sweet that i started crying all over again and he's bought us a 4D scan with gender check! i couldn't believe it and cried for another 5 minutes! :happydance: :cloud9:
i feel a bit bad for having it early but so happy. hubby is playing golf in the morning and if i had opened it alone i'd have cried for hours! :)
how's everyone doing? any of you cry all the time?
:hugs:

Aww Lilli, that's so sweet! Anything sets me off nowadays. I must have cried about 4 times today. We picked a few vests today for our LO-cried. Watched a sad trailer-cried again. Went to halfords to look at car seats-cried when I saw a man with his little daughter choosing a bike helmet for her. We then decided to watch Up and I sobbed all the way through the film!! :cry:

OMG, that film is SO SO sad! Cant believe it is kind of meant to be for kids! Had me in tears when i wasnt pregnant.
Glad i'm not the only cry baby though :)

Congrats on your blue wriggler kaths!
Hubby keeps telling everyone we're having a boy even though we don't actually know either way, lol! According to his work mates the baby has boys feet and a boys nose!

Hi All, I came down with the most dreadful cold on mother's day! I am staying in bed feeling sorry for myself. It's not shifting since sunday, so I am a bit worried, but LO seems to be moving ok. Do you have any remedies for nasty colds? :cry:
Hope everyone is doing well!!

Hey Satine,
Sorry to say i think you just have to sit it out :(
Drink lots and lots of water. Head over a bowl of just boiled water, towel over your head, deep inhaling! you could put some vicks or albas oil in the water too. Vicks says not for pregnant women(!) but my midwife said it was fine :) I put that on me too.
Some of that mint source body wash and a nice bath?
It's horrible isn't it... i've been extra mucus-y for a while but thankfully it hasn't got any heavier.
I also recommend comfort food and ice cream! :)
Hope you feel better soon,

Hey Ladies,

I know i've not posted in ages and ages but I have been following all your progress daily! How are you all feeling today (Satine, hope you get over your cold soon :flower:)?

Congrats on all the pink and blue news!! We had decided to go team yellow but hubby completely changed his mind a few weeks ago so we are now going to find out! Our scan is at 8:20am Friday morning and I'm nervous and excited, is that how you all felt?

So have you bought anything yet? We went to John Lewis last weekend and looked at travel systems - have totally fallen for the Bugaboo Chameleon, will have to see if our funds will stretch that far!

I have had a few pains bellow my belly button the last 24hours, just short ones - any idea what this might be? not terribly painful, but noticeable. How are you all coping at work? its driving me nuts - sitting for hours at my desk is making me ache!

take care xxx

hey Jax,
pleased to hear you are well! how exciting about your gender scan. We've given in and going for one on the 1st of May :)
Could just be growing pains in your tummy? Seems to be about 20 weeks that people start to get them (round ligament pain, SPD, PGP). Can be sort of burning or stabbing pain or like a pulled muscle... If it gets worse tell your doc and get a physio referral but it's quite normal. All the hormones are making everything relax so it's much easier to pull a muscle.
Sorry for brief post, running late for work! eeeek, so naughty to be on here when i'm meant to be getting dressed! :)

Thanks Lilli, I'm a week or so behind you other ladies so its nice to benefit from your extra experiance. xx

Good Luck on Friday JaxBlackmore, I was very nervous and excited too but its a fab scan - you see so much!

Ive been struggling at work, its a busy time for us and im always so tired all the time and I do sit alot and my tail bone hurts after a while - like really painful where I cant sit any longer. Its awful and I just keep thinking how much longer I have got to go!

Sorry youre ill Satine - thats horrid and I hope you feel better soon - fingers crossed I havent had anything yet since ive been pregnant. I always feel snotty in the mornings but nothing comes of it!

Im a banana today :happydance:

Hi Ladies,

Glad to hear that all bumps are growing well! Satine, I hope you feel better soon! I swear by herbal tea and lots of water and rest. Pregnancy colds are awful. :( I guess it's a combo of extra-swollen nasal passages and not being able to take anything....

Jax, congratulations on the upcoming scan! :) It is an exciting experience, and one you'll always remember. Never gets old...

I am *so tired* this afternoon, and hubby is working extra late. The kids are all so good, but I would love to curl up and fall asleep right now and be able to skip the bed time routines! :)

We have bought some cute outfits for baby, but still are in need of a high chair, stroller (buggy), and crib (cot). Hubby keeps liking everything in grey and orange hues, but we're having a GIRL! I don't mind neutral, but maybe not SO masculine. LOL... ;)

Good night ladies, and hang in there at work. We'll all be in the third trimester before you know it!

Thank you for all the good wishes everyone. :flower: I feel like I am on the mend now, gee that was a nightmare and a half! I am still at home, just resting (bumming around) and drinking lots. I slept through the night for the first time in ages!

Sounds like everyone is doing well, so pleased to hear. We have started buying bits!! I am so excited. So far, I've got some vests and sleepsuits from sainsbury's (with thumper and winnie the pooh-so CUTE!!), medela swing breast pump (it's on offer on amazon if anyone's interested!), mamas and papas blanket and glo thermometer (also on offer from amazon). We are going to get a pram last saturday in april, with MIL (who has very generously offered to get it for us). :happydance:

Jax, good luck with your scan tomorrow. We are having our private gender scan on the 17th and I will then confirm what the previous sonographer was a bit unsure about :winkwink: I will definitely let you know!

Morning Ladies,

The scan was so amazing, what a special experiance - i have a proper little wiggler in there! I'm also pleased to say we're team :blue: ! I had a feeling from day one he was was a boy, its amazing how strong your instinct is!

Think i'm going to be on cloud 9 for the rest of the day!!

Glad your on the mend Satine! We have the same thumper vests, they are so cute and bought a Glo Egg from amazon - is that what you have? Those medula swing brest pumps have quite good reviews don't they?

How are you all today? hope the weather is nice where you are - its gorgeous down here in the south west :)

xx

I'm so naughty, I just ate a whole can of pringles! Not even had dinner yet! I'm pretending they're healthy cos they're multigrain pringles!

Had a freaky moment 2 days ago... I'm lactating!!! OMG it's wierd! I noticed some tiny white bumps on my nipple so went to wipe them away and realised that it was damp so I had a little squeeze and what looked like a few drops of water and then a few drops of 'milk' came out! At that point I freaked out and stopped but there's some definate leakage from both sides!! I knew it could start a couple of months before baby was due but not yet! Anyone else had anything like this?

I wore my maternity trousers to work for the first time today too, sooooo comfy! So between leaky boobs, growing bump and maternity wear I think I finally 'feel' pregnant, lol!

Hi Ladies!
I have just experienced my first sober hen do! It was really good actually. Friday night was local at someones house, i went to be about 11.30pm... Woke up at 3am in excruciating pelvis/hip pain and decided i couldn't possibly go to cambridge but i'd offered to drive and was feeling guilty. Managed to get up on saturday morning and was ok hobbling about... Went to Cambridge and WOW, what a beautiful city and fantastic weather. We went punting (i laid back) and then the others had a cheerleading lesson which was quite hilarious... Dinner out and i managed to wear high heels! Took myself back to the hotel at 10.45pm, bodily exhausted but all good really. Then fab night sleep even with my roomy stumbling in at 2.15am.
Felt a little bit left out this morning when they were all talking about the club but pleased with myself that i managed as much as i did...
Love the sunshine! :)

Congrats on your boy Jax!
I had another girl dream last night but we'll find out on the 1st of may.

Morning all!

Scary stuff Mrs, I'm pretty sure I'll be freaked out when I notice any leaking! Its a good sign though isn't it? I've been in my work maternity trousers for 3 weeks now and love them! so much more comfy than normal trousers with elastic bands holding them up! haha.

Congrats on the Hen Do Lilli, I have a leaving party night out to go to in June and its fancy dress, hoping I'll be well enough to go! it's really odd being the sober one looking in isn't it?!

Hope everyone's Monday's are going well. My back is hurting already!! Roll on the Easter break, I've got the three days booked between Easter and the royal wedding off. Although it wont be much of a break as we'll be decorating!

When does everyone's maternity leave start, mine is the 26th July!

xx

oooh, just noticed i'm a papaya, woohoo!
Little bit scary on the leakage MrsW! i haven't had that yet...
So i thought i was ok after the hen do but appears i may have over done it with excessive walking... pelvis is burning at the front middle today and aching at the back. Booooooo. So i took a half day today and have lounged for most of the day.
Not pin-pointed my leaving date yet, i was thinking 37 weeks but i might bring that forward to 36... I was intending on using annual leave to do short weeks for a bit before that but i keep using my leave to escape! :)
Tried to sunbathe on my front today! haha, what a joke. I piled up pillows both sides of my bump and tried to lie across the top, baby went nuts kicking me to pieces... guess s/he didnt like it! Thought i might get a big blow up ring to lie on...
Hope everyone is enjoying the sun?

congrats on the papaya Lilli! Not long till your V day everyone!

I've not tried to lie on my front, sounds tricky - loving the idea of a rubber ring heehee! So are you feeling much more kicks now? I'm still only feeling flutters but hope that he'll soon be upping the movement!

I'm in the same situation with my leave, my official mat leave starts at 38wks but i'm taking two weeks a/l before to top it up. Also planned to use the rest up to make shorter weeks!

Do you sit at a desk? My back has just started hurting this week so have bought in a lumbar support from home. I don't think i'll ever get a risk/health and safety assessment!

xx

Hello,
Yes, major kicks every day. One on sunday morning made me physically jump with surprise from the force of it!!! And last night we could SEE baby moving! :happydance: It happened one night last week but hubby missed it. Last night i was just lying flat on my back for a minute and it started and carried on for about 5 minutes! Whole belly was moving and little feet/hands were prodding out. It was amazing! :thumbup:
i work for the police so they are very careful to make sure that they anything they can to help. I had a bad back a few years ago so already have a decent chair with pump up lumbar support. Was a bit of a shock when i wheeled into my desk the other day, the arms of the chair usually stop me but instead my belly stopped me! :haha:
So didn't want to get up this morning, went into work, printed off a calendar and by 7.30am had worked out that if i leave at 36 weeks, with AL etc i only have 47 working days left!!! :happydance: Correction, 46!!! Made me feel better and got me through the day.
How is everyone doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"