Bump buddies MrsWifey, Babywisher19, Satine51 and others welcome Aug 2011

Hey its my V day today too!! :happydance:
Lilli a paddling pool sounds fab!! I might hint at my OH - I will need it come August!

MrsWifey mine has had quiet days too but last night I think he was doing proper somersaults - I actually felt him do a full turn - very wierd feeling!!
I still dont know when im going on maternity leave I think I will see nearer the time.
Im meant to have my 24 week midwife appt this week but couldnt get in so im going next week - Cant believe were this far already :wacko:

Hi mummies, how are you all?

I've got my midwife appt this afternoon, feels like ages since I saw her! I also realised that after this one I see her every 3 weeks now! Also realised yesterday that I finish work in 10 weeks - eek! My maternity cover went in the vacancy bulletin at work yesterday, so wierd seeing my job being advertised. Getting quite excited about being at home with baby even if it is only for a year, I plan on making the most of it (and then hopefully getting pg so I can do it again!

Work has quietened down a bit now the easter hols are over and the weather has cooled. It's nice to have a couple of quiet days but I hope the warm weather come back soon.

Is everyone watching the Royal Wedding tomorrow? I'm working but hubby's going away surfing for the weekend so i'm going to get some yummy food and settle in to watch it on fri eve.

I've been getting quite emotional again this week. I was in tesco express and a woman fell over by the door. I didn't see her fall but when she sat up her whole cheekbone area came up in a bruise instantly, she must have fallen right on her face. I felt so awful for her and then suddenly thought 'what if it had been me who fell like that'! I was in the queue waiting to pay fighting back tears thinking how ridiculous I am for crying cos someone else fell over!!

Baby is starting to make life a bit uncomfortable now but I love my bump. Hubby has started to call it 'Little L' because it's name is either Lana or Logan. I really like it cos it seems more like a real name than 'cub' or 'baby'. Do you talk much to your babies? I do in my head but feel a bit silly doing it out loud, calling it Little L seems to make it easier though, like it's a real little person.

I hope you and babies are all well, are we all papayas now? Congrats on V Days too x

Just saw my ticker and realised I miscounted by a week, been telling everyone I'm now 23 weeks and I'm actually 24!! Yippee!

Hi Mrs Wifey and all!

It's amazing how far we have come, I reckon it's all going to go pretty fast from now on. I am fortunate to have those 3 days in between banks hols off work and I am making the most of it! My bump is getting bigger every day and belly button popped out already, it's actually quite sensitive area and I don't like touching it.
I went a bit shopping crazy yesterday, bought some more clothes in mothercare and boots and I reckon we are ok for all the basics now. I am hoping that family and friends will spoil her with a few cute outfits. I also bought some medela bottles, maternity pads etc!
1st baby toy https://www.sophielagirafe.co.uk/p/...a+Girafe+++Sophie+the+Giraffe+-+Blister+Pack/ I just couldn't resist, she is so cute and also reminds me of a rubber toy I had as a baby.
We are also going on a shopping trip with MIL on Saturday. She is buying our pram!! :happydance::happydance:

I am hoping to get the house sorted today and do a bit of gardening and grocery shopping for hols. I am feeling quite achey and out of breath though, so maybe it's too ambitious! Definitely going to be watching Royal Wedding tomorrow!! :flower::flower:

I am also quite emotional MrsWifey, doesn't take much to make me cry!!
I love the fact that I could see our LO kicking through my stomach from the outside, so CUTE!! I talk to her sometimes, but it still feels a bit strange to just talk to my tummy. I keep rubbing it lots though, hope she feels love and comfort through that.

Hi Ladies,

Are you enjoying long weekend? We did more baby shopping yesterday and we got a pram!! :happydance::happydance:
We did finally decide to go with Oyster in Grape with a matching cary cot.
https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc..._mmc=Froogle-_-Shopping Sites-_-CPC-_-Froogle

I also had a bit of a scare with our LO, but all is well. See my post in 2nd trimester:
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...ts-tmi-pink-discharge-drama.html#post10368747
:flower:

Hi Ladies,

Are you enjoying long weekend? We did more baby shopping yesterday and we got a pram!! :happydance::happydance:
We did finally decide to go with Oyster in Grape with a matching cary cot.
https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc..._mmc=Froogle-_-Shopping Sites-_-CPC-_-Froogle

I also had a bit of a scare with our LO, but all is well. See my post in 2nd trimester:
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...ts-tmi-pink-discharge-drama.html#post10368747
:flower:

Aw Satine I just read your thread, Im so glad everything is ok. What a worry.
Its really nice that your midwives are lovely at the hospital. I have had nothing but a good experience at my hospital too so far which is nice and something I dont have to panic about. I just hope the midwife on THE day is nice!!
Well I hope your little one keeps kicking, mine has been quite a bit lately its funny when you can see your stomach moving. OH put his cheek on bump the other day and he got a kick in the face :haha: but that is the first time he had felt baby so it was lovely..

Hope you are all well - were almost in 3rd tri!!! :happydance:

Hello my lovely ladies!
I am back from my week in yorkshire and am totally exhausted! It was a manic week but fab cos i got to meet my niece Chloe, who is now 6 weeks and has nearly outgrown her 0-3 month clothes! Didn't do any nappies and managed to avoid all baby sick but had some really good cuddles :)
:cloud9: So yesterday, we went and had our scan... IT'S A BOY! :blue:
I will try to attach some 4D photos... It was so amazing, love my little baby boy :happydance: Hubby is totally over the moon, really, really :wohoo:
Told his bloomin mother and she goes "oh, right" followed by a long silence... DH was like "what? what's wrong?" and she says she's always wanted a girl to do things with!!!! WTF?! I just went, "oh, that's nice". Silly old bag. :trouble:
We talk to baby, oooh, i can say 'him' now! When hubby talks to him real close to my tummy baby gets all wriggly! it's cute.
hmmm, photos wont attach, they could be too big, i'll try to resize them... :thumbup:

Satine, what a scary thing to happen, so glad everythings ok. A couple of weeks ago i woke up at 4am panicing that I hadn't felt little L move much that day and spent 10 mins moving about and proding bump, hubby woke up put his hand on my belly and baby kicked straight away!

Congrats on the bouncy boy Lilli, have you got a name yet?

I went to Asda today cos I saw leaflet about their 'baby event' but it was rubbish, all the best bargains had sold already. I got some cropped cotton/linen trousers though which should see me through the summer and then went to mothercare to get measured for a bra, 34D woohoo! (normally only a 32B!). They had some really nice styles and not too pricey but not the ones I wanted in my size so going to pop into the branch near where i work tomorrow to see if they have them.

Good to see some different fruit/veg on the tickers again!!

Here are my 4d pics... He wouldn't move for us to see him straight on!
:happydance:

Attachments

• babyk1.jpg
    babyk1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
  • babyk2.jpg
    babyk2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 0
  • babyk3.jpg
    babyk3.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 0
  • babyk4.jpg
    babyk4.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 0
Congratulations Lilli, he is so adorable! Don't worry about MIL, some people are just so silly and insensitive. I am looking forward to the day when people stop having opinions on my pregnant body and pregnancy in general. I am going back to work today after a week off and I am dreading people's comments and them staring at my bump! I am proud of it, don't get me wrong but sometimes it's too much.
x

Hi Ladies, Hope you've all had a fab easter and bank holiday weekend!

Satine, you must be so relieved everything was ok after the scare, sounds like you have some lovely hospital midwifes! My community ones have been useless, not seen the same one twice and I've got no idea what i'd do if something happened. Got my 24 week appointment next monday.

Lilli - congrats on being team blue!! What amazing 3D pictures you have, he is so clear and adorable! Did you have any idea that you were having a boy?

Fab news on all the V-Days! Steaming ahead now :) My V-Day is this thursday and I can't wait!

So how are the aches and pains of PG going? my back is killing me sat at my desk and i've been off the last 11 days. Have sent my MAT B1 form to HR today so thats another step closer to the maternity leave :)

We've moved bedrooms now too, spent the Easter break re-decorating - have gone with a blue/green colour for the baby's room! House is such a mess though, couldn't have coped if i'd been much more pregnant!

take care xxx

Hi Ladies! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter Holiday and are feeling well. My boys both have baseball season now, and I feel run ragged from all the driving back & forth between practices and games! I feel a bit like I have no time to myself...

The weather is beginning to really warm up, and I am feeling HOT on some days that are only in the 60's! Getting a bit worried about making it through the real summer heat... :)

Congratulations on the baby girl Satine! Welcome to team pink-- hehe!! ;)

Take good care ladies!!

So pleased that everyone is doing well. It's 100 days till B day today!! Yay!! :happydance:
I can't believe how quickly it's gone. I have already started lurking on 3rd trimester, but it's really scary! It's like moving from 1st to second all over again. I feel very comfortable with all the newbie threads on 2nd, because I feel so experienced, lol! 3rd tri forum is all about Braxton Hicks and labour, eek!!! :wacko:

3rd Tri - scary!! I'm still a few weeks off that :)

It's my V day today - yay!!

xx

Yey, congrats on your v day Jax! :)
All seems so mad that we started talking when our babies were the size of grape or something and now they are big, strong punching, kicking little boys or girls...
for some reason, i thought i was having a girl, but didn't mind either way. Hubby is totally over the moon to be having a little boy so i'm glad we found out. Love my baby, love looking at his little face, makes me smile :happydance:

that is a fantastic photo Lilli, i'd be smiling too - he looks so sweet! :)

Hello everyone

Had my midwife appt today all was well and baby was kicking the doppler lol I have my glucose test in 3 weeks (as diabetes runs in my family) Have to be at the hospital 3 hours!!! eek will have to buy lots of magazines!
I also have to have my anti D at 28 weeks so that was all booked in today - its all seems very real now - only 15 weeks to go!! that is going to go so quick.

Lilli, I love your 4d pics - I would love to have some done - I think I might ask for an early b'day present :thumbup:

So how many boys and girls do all us buddies have then?.. I will do a quick tot up - so far I think we have:
Kaths101 - Boy
Lilli - Boy
Satine - Girl
Mrs Wifey - yellow
Jaxblackmore - Boy

Susie/Jaxblackmore/Angie - do you know yet? Sorry if ive missed it.. And we havent heard from babywisher for a while I hope she is ok xx

We're expecting a little boy so another blue for the list!

Wow that seems like a long time in hosp for a test? Do you know what happens?

xx

Lilli, such a cute little baby you've got there, gorgeous!

Kaths, yep I'm staying team yellow, all shall be revealed in about 100 or so days!!

The first 4 months seemed to drag on for ages, christmas feels like a lifetime ago but now time seems to be speeding up each day. A bit scary but so exciting too!

Bump seems to be growing by the day although I bought a maxi dress in New look today which was non-maternity and size XS! It's for my nephews christening and looks really nice on, tried on some maxi dresses and they just drowned me and made me look frumpy. In this one I still look slim but with a lovely round bump.

Got a busy month ahead, my 30th, then first wedding anniversary and then into June with hubby's 30th and the extension being built. I'm still quite chilled now but I think by the end of June I could see myself getting stressed out with baby preparations, leaving work preparations and house extensions etc! Hubby and I both have a week off in June so if we can get pram and nursery sorted then I think it'll be ok.

Has anyone done/going to do pregnancy yoga?

LOL! I've got some vouchers for go karting days that I need to exchange for something else so went to google, typed in 'virgin experience' and then realised what I'd put and was too scared to open my eyes to see what it came up with! Luckily it found the right site but I was a bit worried.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->