Bump buddies MrsWifey, Babywisher19, Satine51 and others welcome Aug 2011

Hello All,

I thought I would be enjoying my maternity leave more, at the moment I am just feeling anxious that I haven't got some of the things ready yet! I think that the reality is hitting home :wacko: I also started having some nightmares about giving birth...eeeek! I hope I will be able to relax more in the coming days.

I have some great news to share. I had a scan yesterday to check if my low lying placenta has moved and it has! So I don't need a planned section as I thought I might have to have. It was lovely seeing our LO again, but funny that we couldn't see her all on the screen, just bit by bit because she is so big now! :happydance: I was told that she is an average size for gestation so really happy about that too.

We had our last NCT class yesterday and one of the ladies (due before me!) has already given birth to a baby boy. :cloud9: They are both well, but it made me put my act together and I started repacking my hospital bag straight away!
I was a bit disappointed with the classes generally. The most useful was breastfeeding session, but I was really hoping for some newborn care or at least discussion about it especially that all parents to be in our group requested for it to be covered and it wasn't. We got literally 10 mins at the end yesterday and it was rushed.
What did you think of your classes?

Mrs Wifey, I haven't got a baby shower planned. I am getting gifts in dribs and drabs from friends and family. Have you organised it yourself, or has it been done for you?
Lilli, I also had my Mum staying with me for a week so I sympathise! There are some positives too, my Mum also ironed all LOs clothes. I did get a few comments about the impracticality of certain garments, but I am not going to complain :winkwink:I was also looking at swaddle blankets, but haven't bought any yet. I am off to town today so will have a look around! I have got 2 sleeping bags, which were on sale in Mamas and Papas, but I don't think I can use them straight away.
I haven't got my Oyster yet, we are picking it up this Saturday though. Can't wait!!
Kaths, which pram are you getting? I haven't got the tens machine. I did try it at NCT and i don't think it will work for me. I have heard some great stories though, some ladies find it really helpful.
Gem, sorry about your car. I am just booking mine in for a service and I am already scared how much it's going to cost! :cry:

Gem, I'd be so stresed if my car broke down now! Have you get a plan B to get to hospital when the time comes?

My sister is planning my baby shower for me, not sure what she's got planned but I know when and where. I went to a baby shower about a month a ago and we played a few games including 'guess the baby food flavour'. They were all really yucky!!!

My NCT classes have been quite good, hubby hates them though which is a shame. He either sits there biting his nails or decides to join in by being 'funny'! The problem is he has more experience of babies than I do but also he already 'knows how to do it all'! Last night we covered c-sections and then bathing baby and putting baby to bed. Next week is breastfeeding and then in our last session I think it's a recap of the course and nappy changing. It has been more about labour but we are going over basic babycare too.

Hey ladies,

Sounds like everything is going really well! Are you all on maternity leave now? I finish next tuesday, although I can't wait it seems so strange so I have a mix of emotions.

Saw the midwife on monday for my 34 week appointment, everything is going well except he is measuring a bit big (36 and a half weeks!) so she has referred me for a growth scan. Have any of you needed one of these? she has promised me its nothing to worry about!

take care and can't wait to hear the first birth announcement!!

xx

Hiya,
I am now in a Mum Free Zone and can finally relax! :thumbup:
I was thinking about a Tens machine, you can hire them and i know my birthing unit has a couple they'll lend out...
Guys, i cant stop buying baby stuff now! It's so bad! Been looking for a sleeping bag for ages and then in Sainsburys yesterday i found a Whiney the Pooh one for half price (£6) that was 1.5tog so it was just begging to be bought! would've been rude not to! I was looking for a 1 tog really so will just need to make the room a bit cooler.
Gem, sorry to hear about your car! Are you getting it fixed? what bad timing!
I found that our NCT classes focused mainly on labour with far less on the actual doing... only a quick demo of nappies and bathing. But on the hospital tour they did say that they would give you advice and demos on both if you wanted before they send you home.
3 of my NCT ladies have had their babies now! One was at 36+3 and then two have had them today, both were 38 weeks + a bit. I want my baby! :)
So it's quite exciting. But do you reckon because 3 of them have come early, it increases my odds of being late?! statistically speaking... hmmmmm :shrug:
Jax, i wouldn't worry about your scan at all, take it as a bonus viewing of your baby! It's just the same as your 20 week scan where they measure head circumference, abdominal circumference, femur length, check the organs etc. I had an extra one at 28 weeks. I also dont put much faith in the fundal height measurement, it's so dependant on the midwife doing it and if the baby is sticking it's bum out of is sitting low... certainly when they've done mine, one midwife will be very low on my pubic bone then the next time it's a different midwife and she measures it from higher up?! I dunno, but really, nothing to worry about :flower:
Well, i've hung out my washing but it has zero chance of drying in this weather! might as well go get it all in... :dohh:
:hugs:

Hello,

I got used to not having to work quite quickly! :winkwink: I am just seeing friends, doing shopping and nesting! I still have a lot to do- I am planning to reorganise wardrobes, add finishing touches to the nursery...
Lilli, I know what you mean about buying baby stuff! We have just bought baby monitor and I ordered my rocking chair! (so excited about this!) I think this is it for big purchases for now, but I keep seeing lovely baby clothes I'd like to buy. If the weather does not improve, I will be going for some more cardis, it's really cold and dreadful at the moment!

I went to se a friend and she had these gorgeous, wooden mobiles in her toddler's room. They looked so lovely hanging from a ceiling, I'd thought I'd share:

https://www.beckyandlolo.co.uk/department/nursery_wooden_mobiles/
https://www.clementinetoys.com/acatalog/copy_of_Buy_Wooden_toys_marvellous_mobiles_15.html

So, are you ladies enjoying your maternity leave? All nested and ready to go, or not ready? I would still like 2 weeks of me time and she could come a little early then. :winkwink: I am worried that I will be overdue and induced though, for some reason. At my midwife's appt yesterday, she said the position is perfect, but I saw in my noted that the baby's head is not engaged in the slightest yet. :dohh:

Satine, those websites have such gorgeous things, I love the wooden mobiles and they're such a good price too - want one, want one!

I'm not sure if it's nesting or just having the time to actually do stuff around the house instead of the usual day off essential housework. It has been nice to be able to do it in my own time and the house is definately benefiting from it, I'm being much more 'clean as you go' rather than 'clean once you've run out of plates/knickers/floorspace', lol! I've yet to reclaim the dining table though, at the moment it's hubbys DIY storage area but hopefully he'll sort that out this weekend while I'm out enjoying tea and cakes!

Today's task is to hoover the car - not sure I've ever done that before but I want it to be all lovely and clean before putting baby and baby's stuff in it. Ok, so that might count as nesting!!

jeez, when will it stop raining?!?!? :growlmad: I had lovely ideas of sunbathing in my maternity leave before baby arrived but no, we get rain!
Satine, those mobiles are lovely! might have to send the link to my mum as she was saying she wanted to get us one...
Like the wall stickers too.
I wouldn't worry about baby not being engaged, some of them don't until you are in labour. Just had a good long cuddle with 3 week old Lily in the hopes my baby might decide to make a move... nothing happening so far :)
Going to see Harry Potter tonight, never know, he might decide to be born at the cinema?! hmmm :shrug: haha, maybe not.
Going to force myself to go to Morrisons. Have to stock up cos my sister is coming to stay. What do 3 year olds eat?! And my sis and her hubby are vegetarians so i have to try think what to feed them too...
Might have to put the heating on for a bit too. Bloomin cold for once!

We saw Harry Potter a couple of nights ago, it was really good. Baby loves the cinema and always kicks lots, I think it's the surround sound!

I forgot to mention it earlier but yesterday we found out that sister-in-law has made it to 7 weeks pg! :happydance: I teared up when I heard, it's her 3rd IVF so I'm so pleased for her. She's still got a long way to go as she has a heart-shaped womb so is at risk of a late mc, but this is the furthest she's got so fingers and toes all crossed for her!

Thats great news MrsWifey about your sis in law. Fingers and toes all crossed for her that this is her time!

I had my midwife appointment today and all good, baby still engaged but she said he is on his side at the moment so need to get him moved round so he isnt back to back - Ive heard this is very painful! She said I need to get a beanbag or birthing ball and do some leaning forwards.
Baby is measuring about on the 70th centile so thats ok.
She started scaring me saying it can happen any time now as 37 weeks is classed as full term! Ive still got 2 weeks left at work :cry: Hopefully I will get some ME time before baby. Im still feeling unprepared but when I actually think about what I need - its not alot. i just need to pack my bag and get a few more blankets. I think it is just the state of the house bothering me - I really want to get it sorted before baby arrives. Again its not that bad as OH has been doing a lot I think im just panicking.

I would also love it to stop raining as my mum bought me some nice comfy garden loungers and I havent been able to sit out on them yet!

Ive had some proper hard jabs from my little boy the last few days but I love feelinghim squirming about :thumbup:

It's stopped raining, Yippee!! And my gliding chair has just been delivered :happydance:
I was pestering Hubby for this chair for ages, but he said we could just take one of our armchairs upstairs to the nursery. No way! Anyway, I managed to get a really good deal on Amazon, cos some of them are hundreds of pounds. So excited! I will be busy putting it together today :winkwink:

We also saw Harry Potter last week and I really enjoyed it. I kept thinking, this is probably our last cinema trip as a couple:wacko: although I am sure that later on when LO is bigger we can arrange some childcare and still go on a cinema date...

Kaths, you are so brave for staying at work, it must be really hard for you now? I am sure that as soon as you stop working, you will feel much better preparation wise-I felt so not ready a few days ago and now I am like, when is this baby coming out? :baby:
Lili, did you enjoy HP? If you find out what 3 year olds eat, please let me know. I 've got a friend coming round next week with her 3 year old and I haven't got a clue.
MrsWifey, so pleased for your SIL! Hope she has a happy and healthy pregnancy after all this struggle :hugs:

Did I tell you that a colleague from my team at work told me she was also pregnant? I am excited for her and seeing her next week as well. I will have someone to pass all these pregnancy books and magazines to! She hasn't told my boss yet, eek!! :haha:

If you want to know what 3 year olds eat I think the best thing is ask their parents. My 3 year old nephew will only eat room temperature food so waits for his food to cool down and he doesn't like ice cream! He also sometimes has to be bribed with chocolate but generally he eats rice/pasta, fruit and lots of bread!

Afternoon all!
Hope you're all doing well, sorry i've not been on for a short while.

We were very lucky with the whole car situation - my Dad helped us out a great deal at the start of the week, he picked Joe up from the station and they went to look at a second hand car at a local garage. It was in really good nick and its a HUGE improvement from our old car - its got power steering lololol! :happydance: I don't drive yet anyway, but Joe absolutely loves it - seems like the old one breaking down was a blessing in disguise! We're getting it scrapped on Monday.

Satine, my baby is hardly engaged yet either, i had my 38 week midwife on Weds and she wrote down 4/5 engaged but i could tell she wasn't really very convinced.

I was up all night last night with extremely sharp pains very deep & low in my pelvis each time baby moved. I woke up to go to the toilet and my tummy was just ACHING. I went back to bed and didn't get to sleep for a good number of hours because baby was so active! The intense pains have eased off since this morning and i'm left with a sore achey tummy. Sometimes the pressure gets so strong that i feel i just want my waters to go to relieve it! :haha:

We've got a busy weekend seeing family and Joe thinks i'll go into labour at some point :haha: Its wishful thinking, but i am hopeful! :happydance:

Single digit countdown today, wooo!

Hope you're all doing really well! Can't quite get my head around how fast July has gone! xxx

Hi all,
Yes, my sister gave me a list of what to get for Cameron. Fish fingers and baked beans is a favorite, as is pasta bolognaise. He loves bananas and apples and mattersons smoked sausage with tzatziki sandwiches! I bought a mattersons smoked sausage for him but ate it all! haha, just had to go buy some more :)
Harry Potter was great, baby was going nuts all the way through... could've been the chocolate and the frozen drink as well as the film :haha:
MrsW, congrats to your sister in law! i dont know if you remember but my friend from work was having a hard time with a failed IVF attempt back in February? She's now about 7 weeks too! going for a scan on monday to check for a heart beat, well, to check for 2 heart beats cos both embryos have implanted! i have everything crossed for her and for your SIL.
Gem, good work on the car! glad you've got one sorted cos it sounds like your body is getting ready to go! :thumbup:
I've just been round to see my friend who had Harry on the 5th on Nov - coincidentally the date my pregnancy is counted from! He's so so cute, crawling everywhere and trying to stand, just cant believe they'll be in the same school year! Maybe if we get them in the same school Harry will look after my little boy... :baby: It's just amazing that by next april ish our LO's will be crawling and babbling away to us. We were doing high 5's. Aw, what a cutie! I want my baby now! :happydance:
Hope you are all ok? Any day now ladies!
xxx

Rant Alert!

A lovely, exciting day turned into a nightmare of a day when I started assembling the chair... it looks like a part (bolt) is missing from the actual chair base, meaning that I can't put it together. Just emailed the seller on amazon, in hope that they'll either send the part or replace the chair. Damn!! I feel a bit like an idiot now, it's going to be a pain to put it in the box again :cry:

Rant Alert!

A lovely, exciting day turned into a nightmare of a day when I started assembling the chair... it looks like a part (bolt) is missing from the actual chair base, meaning that I can't put it together. Just emailed the seller on amazon, in hope that they'll either send the part or replace the chair. Damn!! I feel a bit like an idiot now, it's going to be a pain to put it in the box again :cry:

Argh! Bummer! Hate it when that sort of thing happens, hope you can get it sorted soon! x

aww satine - how annoying!! hope the seller can get it sorted pronto, there is no messing with us and our hormones!!

growth scan went fine, he is big - estimated 7lbs now at 35weeks! he is also into the 97th centile but they are compleatly unconcerned. I just hope i don't go overdue lol!

finally got our cot, mattress and car seat yesterday and had a call to say the uppababy buggy is now in too - yippee! bring on the nesting :)

xx

Eeeek, it's official, i am a water melon!!!! :)
Satine, so sorry to hear about your chair, how annoying, how rubbish!? hope they sort it out quickly for you!
Hey Jax, nice big healthy baby for you then! In NCT classes she showed us the difference size wise between a 6lb baby and a 9lb baby and there really wasn't that much difference, just extra fat on the 9lb'er. Cute rolls of flab! :)
So i've been have some really strong period type cramps. Last night was so strong i had to stop talking for a minute but then they went away. Had a few more this morning but again, they went away. Then i went to the loo and my knickers were wet and i thought for a minute it might be my waters but i think it was just a little leak :blush: and then i had a little lump of mucus but it was clear... feel like i might be getting closer?! and my boobs really hurt today!
I got advice off my sister as to what to put in baby's hospital bag. So i now have 3 vests, 2 sleep suits, 2 pairs of socks, 1 pair of booties, 1 romper suit, 1 jumper, 1 blanket. Think that's everything clothes wise. Then all the nappies, cotton wool etc. I forgot to get nappy bags!
And i dont know if you guys are going to get baby thermometers? My sis has an electric ear one but was told that the head strip ones are better for new borns because their ears are so tiny to begin with... ear ones are better from about 12 months old.
So that's my news for now, quietly optomistic that baby might come sooner rather than later, but that could be wishful thinking! :)
Hope you are all well,

oooooh Lilli, it does sound like you are getting closer!! I havent had anything yet! The cramps and plug is a good sign... ooo exciting and you are officially full term :thumbup:

Keep us updated how it goes x

Hello All,

I was contacted by the seller on amazon quite quickly and they are sending a missing part today. Hopefully, I will get it tomorrow! We did some more baby shopping at the weekend-we picked up the pram and played with it all weekend. It's lovely! Just not sure where to keep all the baby equipment now! :baby:
We also went to mamas and papas to spend a gift card I got from work and we have decided to buy a bouncer we looked at for ages, but always thought it was too expensive to buy. Fortunately, there was an ex display model for less than half price! I love it :happydance:
https://www.mamasandpapas.com/produ...-magic-card-toys-pack-stripe/s0008080/type-s/
I think we have everything now, apart from maybe 1 or 2 cellurar blankets.

Lilli, how exciting-it looks like you are getting closer!
Gem, so pleased about your car, looks like everything turned out all right in the end!

Is anyone experiencing swelling of fingers and feet? It's quite uncomfortable! I am also constantly hot at the moment...Come out baby, time to meet the world! :winkwink:

Sounds like exciting things are happening, everyone seems to be on 'cramp watch', lol! Lilli, good luck to your IVF friend for her scan today :dust:

We had our growth scan on fri and it was a bit confusing but overall ok. It was a different sonographer and she started by asking me why I was being scanned which didn't fill me confidence. She said she couldn'r measure the head cos it was too low (baby is not engaged yet!), the tummy measurement followed the same growth curve as previous measurements which is good, but the leg measurement shot up hugely from the last one so there is definately a mistake either with this measurement or the last one. The weight has gone up from 1.8kg (about 3 1/2 lbs) to 2.3 kg (about 5 1/2 lbs) which seems a lot in 2 weeks. I asked the midwife about it and she said that the weight bit is an estimate and they don't really look at that, it's the growth charts which are important. Then the consultant came in and looked at the weight first! The midwife also didn't write down my blood pressure/urine test/ fundal measurement in my notes until the doctor reminded her too. It all seemed a bit slapdash, especially compared to last time. Overall though the conclusion is that baby is still small but is growing so probably just a small baby which is what we guessed anyway. Going back for another scan in 2 weeks again, I'm hoping I get the other sonographer again.

I had my baby shower yesterday which was lovely. We were there chatting away for 5 hours! A couple of friends from Kent where I used to live came so it was lovely to catch up with them, especially as one of them came with her 10 day old baby! It was amazing to see such a new baby and I had a little cuddle, got me very excited about meeting my own little one. It was lovely cos everyone there was a mum except me and sister-in-law who are both expecting so there was lots of baby talk going on. Baby got some lovely pressies including bibs, clothes, lots of bath stuff and 2 nappy cakes which looked amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->