• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bump buddies MrsWifey, Babywisher19, Satine51 and others welcome Aug 2011

Thanks MrsW - still nothing - not a twinge, ache or pain - have you been getting any signs? I had a long walk yesterday with the dog and ate half a pineapple in desperation :haha:

Satine, sorry to hear you have been feeling under the weather. Get well soon. Im glad Amelie is still doing ok though :hugs:

Still no twinges but I'm seeing MW this afternoon and hoping to have a sweep so we'll see if that gets things going.

Good luck girls - come on babies

congrats jax :flower:

well I have battled a baby that won't bring his wind up, the 10 day growth spurt where he was up every 45 mins, leaky nappies and the screaming and finally I think we have turned a corner - I feel like a pro already :haha:
how's everyone else doing

xxx

I saw the midwife today - naughty baby is still back to back and im booked in for a sweep on Monday ouch and another on Thursday is nothing happens.
I will get my induction date on Monday too for about 12 days time.
Come on baby get a move on!!

How did you get on with the midwife MrsWifey?

Thanks Angie, you sound like a pro - the good thing about you lot having your babies first - you are a few weeks ahead and you can let us in on some your secrets and tips!!
Hope all is well with everyone

yes that is so true - first bit of advice - grab yourself some infacol - Alex is a pain to wind and screamed - that stuff was a life saver

xxx

I also feel like I've turned the corner with that nasty mastitis. Breasts still a bit sore, but I feel a lot brighter. Maybe apart from being really moody- anything can bring me to tears. I am dreading my hubby going to work next week, is anyone scared of going out with their LO or is it just me?
I have attached a photo of our little princess :cloud9:

Attachments

• DSC_2233 med.jpg
    DSC_2233 med.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 5
:flower:Wow, Congrats Jax :flower:

i honestly dont know where the time is going?! i feel a bit like i am sleep walking today but it's all good! At his 5 day check up Adrian was exactly the same weight as at birth :)
Today he's being a bit whiny and just wants to cuddle, which i dont mind at all :cloud9: But, it's 5 minute feed, 20 minute cuddle, 5 minute feed etc etc. Tomorrow will be day 10, i'm not looking forward to the feeding frenzy! We have to go for a midwife check up tomorrow. Everything just takes soooooo much longer! :haha:

Sorry to hear you've been poorly Satine. A friend of mine had mastitis and had to have antibiotics. Sounds awful!

Right, he's finally allowed me to put him in his moses basket so i must go and sort out his clothes. this is when i wish i had a tumble dryer! going to have to iron his vests dry! they're nearly dry having been on the line all day, just a bit damp round the edges...

Come on bumps! :thumbup:

:hugs:

Hi Girls, still no baby!! Looks like I will going for my sweep on Monday.. fingers crossed it works!

Im having a bit of family trouble long story but my sister and bro in law are really hassling me to stay they are here next wed - sat so I could well have gone in by then. I really want to say No but how did you all feel when you came out of hospital - did you just want to be on your own and left alone with baby or OH or did you welcome visitors... I suppose this is different as they are not visitors they are actually staying here!! :wacko:

Oh hun, crikey, no offence but that is so horrible of them to put upon you like that!
It totally depends on when you go into labour i guess and how long it takes. I didn't sleep at all on the monday night, by tuesday afternoon i was dozing and waking with each contraction, so not proper sleep. laboured all tuesday night then didn't sleep at all wednesday day... Then i had to stay in wednesday night.
When we got home on thursday i was sore and exhausted, fell asleep on the sofa... think we had one visitor who stayed 10 minutes and i could barely string a sentence together. As for going anywhere, don't think i left the house until the sunday. Only half an hour to our friends 8 doors down but left me totally drained, the 2 minute walk and the interaction!
thing is, depending on what time you have your baby, you might have to stay in. And even if your baby is an angel, you're probably going to be up at least 3 times a night. It's noisy and exhausting...
I cant believe they are putting upon you when you are either going to be heavily pregnant or with a newborn! very selfish of them!
Visitors for half an hour is one thing, people staying in your house for 4 days? hmmm
I'd put your foot down hun.
Are they still planning on coming even if baby is here by then?

Also, if you are planning on breastfeeding, it's not exactly comfortable at first, took me a while to get baby into position etc. During which time he wriggled and cried. Then even the gravity of walking up and downstairs made my boobs hurt!
BTW, that nursing bra that was recommended to me is absolute heaven! https://www.nursingbra-shop.co.uk/ShowDetails.asp?id=112
wish i'd bought it in advance. going to get a 2nd one...

Thanks Lilli im so stressed with it all, I think they think im being selfish - I was in tears about it all the other day. I originally said if baby wasn't here and I wasn't in any pain they could stay but the longer it goes on, I think they will just have to stay with my mum and dad. Its them being selfish its only because my bro in law doesn't like my mum and dad and doesn't want to stay with them!!
They only live over the road so if baby is here (which is why they are coming up with my 2 nieces) they can pop over for an hour or so but I just don't want to be going into labour puffing and panting and bouncing on my ball with people in the house - I just wont be comfortable - what about if I want to stay in the bath for hours or walk around naked??? plus my dog wont settle at night as he knows someone else is in the other room. Its a bit of a nightmare at the best of times but not when im due any day now!!
Argggh - Im going to go and talk to my mum and dad this afternoon and tell them how I feel and just get her to make them stay at hers!!

Yes they will still come if baby is here, its just so frustrating as they have the option of staying with my mum and dad, its not like they dont have anywhere to stay - they just dont want to - its them being selfish!!
I have enough stresses on at the moment as it is without all this!

hi Kath,
hope you got it sorted hun? any sign of baby?

last 2 days have gone by in a flash. It's my husbands first day back at work... i've managed to have a bath! wonder what time i'll make it downstairs?! :)

mrsw, any sign baby?

Yes Lilli, all sorted!! They are not coming now!! :happydance:

I lost my plug this morning so hoping this is the start of something, I also have backache but ive had that for a few days now!!

Please pray for me im getting thoroughly fed up and very uncomfortable now!!

ooooh, defo promising! i had backache for a couple of days, then i totally lost my appetite on the day that it all started. just didn't want to eat anything...
Come on baby, time to come out!!!
got everything crossed for you :hugs:

Hope that MrsW and Kaths are off having their babies?! :happydance:

Nooooo im not! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I had my second sweep yesterday - soooo painful, my god it hurt this time. She said I was 2cm dilated but still nothing. I've been bleeding all night and today which she said to expect but im not sure if its my bloody show. Also have had terrible cramps all last night but not consistantly.
Im booked in Wednesday at 10am for induction if nothing happens before - which is exactly 2 weeks over.

Im in so much pain :cry:

MrsW has been quiet for a while though - I wonder if she's gone in? Thinking of you! x

My 2nd sweep was bloody painful but I went into labour the next day!! GOOD LUCK!!

well maybe things are starting, ive had to come downstairs on the sofa, its 3.40am :wacko: since about 2am i've been getting contractions they are about 9 minutes apart at the moment - lets hope they stay!! quite painful!

Maybe this is it finally!! :happydance::happydance:

well maybe things are starting, ive had to come downstairs on the sofa, its 3.40am :wacko: since about 2am i've been getting contractions they are about 9 minutes apart at the moment - lets hope they stay!! quite painful!

Maybe this is it finally!! :happydance::happydance:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"