Bump buddies MrsWifey, Babywisher19, Satine51 and others welcome Aug 2011

Hi Kaths,
I was getting almost constant cramps in week 5 + 6, not really painful but distracting and all the time, now at nearly 8 weeks I'm barely getting any, maybe one or two twinges a day if at all.
My boobs have gone from being the most painful and over sensitive things ever, even the gravity of going up and down stairs hurt! to now being a bit sore but only if i push them. Bit painful if i get up in the night but i think that that is cos i lie on my side and they need more support.
I think it is all just easing off, still feeling a bit nauseous but not as much as at first, my symptons are definately reducing - even the burping! :blush:
Give your midwife a ring, she might they be able to fit you in tomorrow? If they cant see you before tuesday, at least she'll be able to give you more advice.
:hugs:

Hi Lilli, thanks for that, im glad you are the same, a few people say the symptoms come in waves, so we may get another bout of it yet - more burping for you maybe :lol:

My midwife only comes on Tuesdays, so im glad i managed to get in next week as I half expected it to be the week after. Theres nothing really anyone can say until I have the scan but it is good for reassurance x

ohhh can i join you girls - my edd is either 31st july or 4th august but i knew my ov dates and i'm 99% sure its august

I'm also a st albans girl :thumbup:

nice to meet you all (hi jax how are you)

xxx

Hi Angie, of course you're welcome x

I just noticed in the first tri section that there's a thread for 'september sweatpeas'. Ah, we're not the newbies anymore! Maybe we should have started as the 'August appleseeds'!

ohhh can i join you girls - my edd is either 31st july or 4th august but i knew my ov dates and i'm 99% sure its august

xxx

Of course you can join us :hugs:
I think you are a bit further on than us - I think were mid-august but you can fill us in with what to expect haha x

I just noticed in the first tri section that there's a thread for 'september sweatpeas'. Ah, we're not the newbies anymore! Maybe we should have started as the 'August appleseeds'!

ha ha yes that would of been good - better than beached whales :haha:

xxx

xxx

Of course you can join us :hugs:
I think you are a bit further on than us - I think were mid-august but you can fill us in with what to expect haha x

oh i dont mind doing that - whats a few weeks anyway

xxx

Hiya Angie, how is it going - love the scan pic!!

Oh babywisher, swine flu is horrible :( i had it a year and a half ago and it was nasty. Hope you feel better soon xx

Talking of disappearing symptoms, mine have all but gone! How strange, they may all come back I guess! Xx

Yes feels really strange with people now coming in after us... this started as an August thread but they moved it :cry::cry: LOL oh well weve got our very own thread..

Anyone else feeling a bit apprehensive about getting to 8 weeks? - it seems to be the main bleeding stage? :wacko: when your period is due eeek

I also just realised that my mid wife appointment on the 4th Jan is on my angel babies due date!! Im trying to think of it as a good omen - its the only way i can think!! xx

p.s Angie the name the beached whales is perfect!! thats exactly how i feel :blush:

Hiya Angie, how is it going - love the scan pic!!

Oh babywisher, swine flu is horrible :( i had it a year and a half ago and it was nasty. Hope you feel better soon xx

Talking of disappearing symptoms, mine have all but gone! How strange, they may all come back I guess! Xx

Thanks hun - it was the best thing i have ever seen :cloud9: cant wait until my 12 week one
i'm really well - no ms at all and just tiredness and going for a wee 10 times a day but thats it for symptoms - been really lucky

xxx

Yes feels really strange with people now coming in after us... this started as an August thread but they moved it :cry::cry: LOL oh well weve got our very own thread..

Anyone else feeling a bit apprehensive about getting to 8 weeks? - it seems to be the main bleeding stage? :wacko: when your period is due eeek

I also just realised that my mid wife appointment on the 4th Jan is on my angel babies due date!! Im trying to think of it as a good omen - its the only way i can think!! xx

p.s Angie the name the beached whales is perfect!! thats exactly how i feel :blush:

:hugs: i felt like that on my angel's due date but i tried to stay focused

I had a tiny bit of pinky cm at 8 weeks and it lasted a few hours - i found myself amazingly calm about it - not everyone gets it

blimey you feel like a beached whale already :haha:

xxx

Hi Ladies and welcome Angie :flower:

I'm very excited, i just got my appointment for my 12 week scan!!!! whoop whoop :happydance:
Work let us leave at 1pm so I went to St A hospital and got 6 vials of blood taken - yuck! Got home and have a letter for the scan at Hemel hospital on the 31st of Jan, so i'll be 12+2.
Eeeeeee, makes it feel more real!
Doing a little tour of Herts Hosps but never mind.
I'm feeling very tired and acidic today but so so excited :thumbup:

So then, how are we all getting through New year without drinking and telling everyone our news?
Our plans sort of fell through last night so it's going to be quiet and cosy for us with just one other couple.

Babywisher, how are you feeling now? any better? Sending you best wishes :hugs:

Yes Angie I feel like a beached whale already :dohh: Im SO bloated!!!

Lilli - yaay im glad youve have got your scan date - How exciting :happydance::happydance:

We have no plans for tonight so dont have to worry about the no drinking thing. We have OH brother and his girlfriend coming round and thats it so dont have to worry. I have been very sick today about 5 times - I know his is MI but with other peoples morning sickness does anything come up? When Im sick it just seems to be liquid / acid nothing actually solid :blush:

Babywisher - I hope you are feeling better?? xxx

Sorry Kaths, dunno about the actual sick sickness, i've only had the acid and lump in the throat feeling... Hoping that i'll not find out about the chucking bit. I was eyeing up my bin at work earlier wondering what everyone would say if i suddenly threw up - i felt a bit liquidy.
Tell you what though, lucozade has saved me a couple of times this week. The bubbles make you feel a bit full but wow, i can almost feel myself waking up as it gets into my system!
And beached whale, yep, i feel like i'm nearly there! Jeans are defo a bit snug and i've just seen two of my beautiful skinny skinny friends, made me think of Shrek, i'd be the Ogre Fiona, they'd be the princess fiona! I suppose it'll be a bit easier for me to hide cos i'm about a size 16 normally so have plenty of baggy/roomy tops.
Happy New Year! xxx

Hi Ladies and welcome Angie :flower:

I'm very excited, i just got my appointment for my 12 week scan!!!! whoop whoop :happydance:
Work let us leave at 1pm so I went to St A hospital and got 6 vials of blood taken - yuck! Got home and have a letter for the scan at Hemel hospital on the 31st of Jan, so i'll be 12+2.
Eeeeeee, makes it feel more real!
Doing a little tour of Herts Hosps but never mind.
I'm feeling very tired and acidic today but so so excited :thumbup:

So then, how are we all getting through New year without drinking and telling everyone our news?
Our plans sort of fell through last night so it's going to be quiet and cosy for us with just one other couple.

Babywisher, how are you feeling now? any better? Sending you best wishes :hugs:

Hi hun

I thought i was going to be going to st a hosp too to get my bloods done but my midwife did mine :shrug:
I have my scan for hemel too - i thought it was strange how we are going here and there - mine is on the 24th so not long before yours :happydance:

I'm looking forward to a cosy night in plus the drinking thing is not bothering me at all which is a surprise

xxx

Ugh I feel sick as this evening :( there was me saying no symptoms last night!!

Exciting that you have your 12 week scan dates! I'm hoping mine will be the week before valentines day, think I'm a little bit behind everyone else.

Babywisher, how are you feeling now are you still in the hosp?

A quiet new year here too, just the two of us. Hope you all have a happy new year! Xx

Where are you booked in to have your baby Angie? I'm Watford.

I gave up last night and went to bed at 11pm. I just thought Why am i forcing myself to stay awake just to say happy new year and then go to bed?! so we did it an hour early :)
The not drinking really isn't bothering me at all, just the thought of alcohol makes me feel a bit icky!

Is anyone else having problems sleeping? I'm so tired but then in the night will suddenly be wide awake for ages and end up getting frustrated that i cant sleep... So now i am on the sofa with a blanket and likely to stay here all day! :)

Here's to exciting times in 2011!

Where are you booked in to have your baby Angie? I'm Watford.

I gave up last night and went to bed at 11pm. I just thought Why am i forcing myself to stay awake just to say happy new year and then go to bed?! so we did it an hour early :)
The not drinking really isn't bothering me at all, just the thought of alcohol makes me feel a bit icky!

Is anyone else having problems sleeping? I'm so tired but then in the night will suddenly be wide awake for ages and end up getting frustrated that i cant sleep... So now i am on the sofa with a blanket and likely to stay here all day! :)

Here's to exciting times in 2011!

Yes i'm booked at watford and i wasnt happy about it at first but not much a can do - i dont fancy travelling to lister or somewhere

I managed to stay up until 1am and feel straight to sleep but same as you woke up for a wee as usual and that was it wide awake - ahhhh

xxx

Hi girlies.

Im home now. We got back to bristol at 7 last night, i managed the whole trip without being sick, and have managed to keep down food since!!! horah!!!

This morning i am feeling TONNES better, so much so that after reading that the risks of taking tamiflu are unknown to the unborn, and that there will be no side affects from stopping the course before advised.. i am not going to continue taking them- especially as i obviously dont have flu, or swine flu! does that seem sensible?

im concerned as iv not taken my pregnecare for about 5 days now, being that iv been so poorly and didnt have them with me in hospital- none of the nurses seemed to think it was a major issue, but i feel so guilty! esp as iv been so dehydrated etc.

I feel so calm now iv seen my baby, but i have to keep reminding myself that 7 weeks (or 6 as the scan roughly dates me) that it is still SO early, and i ought to not get ahead of myself.

iv taken to eating a gingernut biscuit whilst lying down in bed before i get up, as the lady gynae i saw said doing that and then getting up really slowly (she said allow an extra 15minutes in the morn) could dramatically affect how ill i am throughout the day. So i really hope shes right! plus shes given me a whole pot of antisickness tabs, that i can take up to 3 times a day, as and when i please.. well, i could have snogged her when she handed me them hehe. I will only be using them on very bad days though, i dont want to over use any sort of tablets. xxxxxxx

How is everybody else??? xxxxxxxxxxx

Oh yey babywisher, so so pleased for you that you are home!:happydance:

I've forgotten to take my pregnacare a few times, i wouldn't worry, you're back on it now.

Do you think you actually had swine flu? or do you think they jumped to worse case scenario? I think if i was you i'd want to stop taking the tamiflu too. if you feel better and you dont think it'll come back (if it was that) then why not?

i just had a weird hormonal moment - started crying at a really not so sad part of a chick flick and could not stop! seriously, for about 5 minutes i just had tears pouring down my face for no real reason. that hasn't happened to me before!:shrug:

thankfully my hubby is still playing golf so didnt witness it... he'd only laugh. Or seriously worry! haha, never mind, i'm sure i have plenty more tears to come over the next few months. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL - Lets hope 2011 is going to be a good year for us all..

Babywisher - Im so glad you finally got home, you must be so relieved!! and at last you are feeling better!!

Im feeling ok today, I was sick this morning and seem to be coming down with something - Im very wheezy but apart from that I feel ok.. Not so nauseous and actually got a good nights sleep last night for the first time in agggessssss!! Whoever said they werent sleeping - I feel your pain! Im tired all day but as soon as my head hits the pillow bam im wide awake - I spent the last 3 nights in the spare room which I hate but I just lay there awake - listening to my OH snoring! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->