Bump buddies MrsWifey, Babywisher19, Satine51 and others welcome Aug 2011

Aw, the top photo is almost heart shaped :)
Dont know if i can wait 4 weeks for my scan...

Had a really bad night last night, my tummy was just cramping all night, waking me up and stopping me sleeping.
I'm thinking that it's the 8 week thing and that my body is a bit confused about no AF... I'm checking the tissue every time i go to the loo but all clear and normal so far. just getting a bit paranoid. Any thoughts?
Just want to sleep! Got to go to the in laws for full on roast and the thought of it is making me feel yuck. Cant even be bothered to go get some lunch...
I'd like to hibernate for a couple of months, wake up with a healthy bump (instead of bloat) and have a smooth ride to august, oh and then a pain free birth please?! :)

So glad you're home and feeling better Babywisher x

We had a quiet new years at home, went to bed about 10.30, got woken up at midnight by the fireworks, said happy new year to hubby then fell asleep again! I've got a horrible horrible cold, not sure if it's from my flu jab last weds or cos everyone at work has a cold but either way it's not nice! Yesterday my head hurt every time I moved it! Feeling better today though and I'm off work until tuesday so it's not too bad.

No symptoms at the moment, just getting fed up of being ill. I've been ill in one way or another for 3 weeks now and I still don't have much of an appetite although I have rediscovered porridge, it seems to be the only thing I don't have to force myself to eat!

Ahhh babywisher! What a lovely scan! Roll on week 12 :)

I feel awful :( have felt sick for over two days now! Yesterday I went to my grandparents and could hardly eat a thing! If you've had ms have you suffered all day with it?

Xx

A friend of mine had acute MS for her whole pregnancy, all 9 months! She had to take anti nausea tablets everytime she ate anything! That is quite rare though!

the hosp gave me anti sickness tabs for my really bad days.. bliss! x

I woke up this morning and..... I don't feel ill!! No stomach bugs, colds, headaches, anything! It's amazing! How's everyone else feeling today?

I weighed myself yesterday and since being pg I've lost half a stone, which is not good cos I'm only a petite size 6/8 to begin with but hopefully my appetite will start to come back soon, either that or I'll have to start eating porridge for breakfast, lunch and dinner as it's the only thing I like eating at the moment!

Hello Ladies,
MrsWifey, glad that you are feeling better eventually! I am sure that you are going to catch up with weight gain soon :winkwink: I can't stomach meat at all at the moment, especially the smell of it being cooked, fried or roasted (yuck!)
I am eating lots of cereal, fruit and toasts at the mo-a bit boring!

Babywisher, glad that you are out of hospital and everything is well. I love your scan pics!!
I will try to post mine too, but I will have to scan the at work, which can be a bit tricky!

We still haven't told anybody, but I am enjoying this little secret! We are waiting for the 12 week scan to spread the news, but I may tell my boss sooner. Speaking of which, I don't know how I will be able to concentrate at work tomorrow! My Hubbie is being an absolute sweetheart, doing most of the housework and cooking dinnners. I wonder if he will get bored of it in the next 8 months? :coffee:

How is everyone else doing?

Hey All,
Absolutely dreading having to get up at 6am tomorrow. Don't know if i'll physically be able to do it! Really not sleeping well at the moment.
My husband is being great too, breakfast in bed this morning and he's doing most of the cooking. I do feel a little bit guilty but might as well milk it while i can :)
Just been invited on a hen do in april... it promises 'fun and activities with a boozy over night stay'. Will i feel up to that at 22 weeks? Obviously not the boozy bit.
Will i want to share a bed with one of my friends?
More to the point, will one of them want to share a bed with a whale?!
Or more weirdly, being the sober person looking after the crazies? Suppose i could be chief photographer...
Going to have another one in May as well.
What do you reckon ladies? i have no idea what to expect two weeks down the line, let alone 2 months! :)

lol, id reply when your at 12 weeks and telling everyone.. and just say, your saying yes for now, but for them all to bear in mind the situation and to not garentee anything! xxx

Gawd, back to work tomorrow..how the hell will i cope!?

Hi all, Glad you are feeling better MrsWifey woop woop...

Lilli, I probably wouldnt go but thats just me - Im a bit antisocial, or could you just go for a few J20s and then go home so you can sleep in your own bed, but at least youve gone, but dont have to cope with the late night drunkedness and sleeping over bit x

My OH is also being very good with the dinners, I havent cooked a meal for ages :happydance:

Im feeling ok though I was violently sick this morning blurrggh I had a glass of orange juice which came up quicker than it went down.
I have my midwife appointment tomorrow so im looking forward to that, also cant wait to be a raspberry. Im just grateful for each day I get through at the moment.
Take care ladies, especially the ones that are going back to work tomorrow, this doesnt apply to me as I only had christmas day off so have been working right through the holidays. Hope your first day at work goes ok xxxx

Hello Ladies

Happy New Year to you all :)

Sorry I haven't been around much. I am feeling ok I think. Not much sickness, I feel sick first thing when I havent eaten anything but it quickly passes once I have.

Today was my first 6am wake-up and I didn't enjoy it one bit. Spent most of the night awake worrying, I don't know why.

I am preying that my 12 week scan will come round as fast as possible

How are you all my friends ?

x

i also spent a really restless night- the fear of not being able to get up i think!! x

Hey everyone,

I have been SO grumpy today! I'm smiling now but ooooh i was horrible earlier! :)

I am watching a programme i recorded last night called "P*ssed and Pregnant". i just find it unbelievable! Binge drinking. "oh, it's ok, i only had 3 or 4 alcopops..." It's one thing to get drunk yourself but the baby doesn't have a choice?!

Sorry, going off on one, it's just that I have wanted this baby for so long i will do anything i can to give it the best possible start in life and to be as healthy as possible from the start. I just don't understand these women who are saying why should they stop drinking just cos they are pregnant?! hmmmm

thinking about the hen do's, i think i'm going to have to find out what the 'activities' are... bungy jumping and zorbing might be out! :)
yeah, i'll probably go to the local bit and not commit to the rest just yet. hope they don't need deposits for a while. Only 27 days till my scan! (that seems so long)
Hubby will be on the stag do at the same time though...

Do any of you have pets? Are they acting differently around you now you're pregnant?
My cat Alfie is being really clingy and just wants to sit on my knee ALL the time. He liked the odd cuddle before but only a few a week, now it's every evening.

So glad it's a short work week this week!
xxx

hi All,

Survived first day at work, phew! I think that it hopefully will keep my mind off things as I am becoming baby obsessed :winkwink:
Morning wasn't good, I will have to give myself more time now for getting up instead of just rushing out the door. :coffee:
Lilli, good choice with the hen do, you never know-you may feel like going out later on. I am so not social though, I would probably say no (and I am lazy!, LOL)
Re: the programme on TV, you shouldn't have watched it, stress is not good for you or the little one!! It just makes you think though, what a horrible start in life for those poor babies of drunken mothers. It makes me angry, because a friend of mind has been trying to adopt for the past 2 years (almost 3!!) It seems a nightmarish process! How come a lovely couple who really would love a child have to go through humiliating interviews and other things to be able to adopt, while those mothers can do whatever they want and don't get punished?
END OF RANT! :growlmad:

hi girls how is everyone

Went for my consultant appointment today and unexpectedly got a scan and saw bubba waving away :cloud9:
Although i now officially hate st albans hospital - £4 to park for under a hour thats a rip off :growlmad:

xxx

ah, i wish i had sky.. i had wanted to watch that.. even though i knew id just complain and be disgusted by it all.

.. yes, my little sausage dog boo keeps sniffing my lady garden!!! i think she can tell i smell different.. how gross is that!

hi all, I have a jack russell - also called Alfie, he doesnt seem to be behaving any differently at the mo!
My first midwife appt went ok today and my blood pressure was ok too which I was surprised about because when I joined the gym a few months back they said it was high :wacko:
My scan should be 3-4 weeks - seems ages!! I also have to have an extra blood test because my dad has diabetes. oh wonderful...
Well this morning I was terribly ill again, I have a bad cold at the mo which is making me feel awful but I also had diarrhoa the minute I got up prompty followed by sickness which i just about managed to get in the sink!! Sorry TMI not nice. I have 2 days off work now so plan to do nothing apart from walking the dog and lounging on the sofa!!
I watched the programme about the drinkers - I saw it a while ago when I wasnt pregnant and it annoyed me so much then so wont watch it again.. Like satine said there are so many people that would love to be privaliged with a baby and then there are people like that drowning theirs grrrr.
I havent touched a drop since october - its not worth the risk!

Nice to see you back with us Flump and hope everyone else is ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->