Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

:happydance: congrats K!!! And Happy Birthday Ana! Claire you have my sympathies re the dress as the last one I wore was my wedding dress :blush:

Disaster so far...had to walk out halfway through ceremony as jac had a tantrum so ana started to cry too..so then i get upset about it all too. So now home for a bit so that both can nap...and hopefully a decentish afternoon.
Feel embarassed and rubbish...with fingerpointing iykwim:cry:

Good day turned into a crappy one...Hugs all xxx

Aww, hugs back at you Claire, no matter who tells you that nobody noticed etc etc, you'll still feel embarrassed. I made DH take J out of the funeral because she got noisy, all of my daily said they didn't even hear her. It always sounds louder to the Mummy! I'm sure that after the cat-nap the day will get better again hun. Go and have a lot of sugary wedding cake! xxx

Awwe! claire, it always seems so much worst to us mommies! I bet it really wasn't that bad to everuone else :hugs:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANA!!!!!!!! :cake:

Claire, I am sure it wasn't that bad. :hugs:

Also, I was wondering if after J's birthday we should all have a guess at our Secret Birthday Buddies. What do think, ladies?

I reckon that could be fun, Im in Pip :)

Claire, I doubt they will remember Jac and Ana crying, they will have been watching the B&G, plus as you took them out they will think you are a fab friend for not wanting to disrupt anything. Hope the nap was the remebdy they needed and you are all enjoying yourselves now. :hugs:

Sounds good to me Pip!

Claire.. that's great news about dh's job offer!! And Happy Birthday Ana! Like the others have said I doubt very much that anyone was worried about the crying. I know how you must have felt, we had the same at a wedding over the weekend, but everyone I apologised to apparently hadn't realised.

Well ladies this is the house we are now thinking of going for...

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30806128.html?premiumA=true

It's a bit far out of High Wycombe and there is no potential to add value other than possibly knocking the wall down inbetween the kitchen and dining room but it needs no work and is a great size.

The one we have already put an offer in on and they are waiting on (b*stards!) is...

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31220860.html

An AMAZING kitchen and in a great area (Downley). Gutted but we just can't wait really for them to make up their mind. Apparently there is another offer on the table too so I think we would have a bidding war.

We saw one today in a perfect location but it needs lots and lots of work and we wouldn't have the money for years and to be quite honest I don't think I could put up with it as it is for longer than a year or two.

Oooh, great houses, the one you think you're now going for you'll be able to really put your own mark on it with decorating etc in your own way when you make it home without spending loads, its lovely, (shame about the other as like you say, awesome kitchen, but if its not meant to be, its not meant to be).

Yas and Lia, you guys have been quiet, everything hunky dory? (Yas, did you get my msg about the Bee Black? I was worried you'd already ordered one).

Both great houses, F&C. I agree with Lydia, if it isn't meant to be, there's a reason for it.

Lydia, have you got your new ICandy yet?

I like both Ann, which works best for you guys for the time period you are looking at? Also which kitchen do you prefer? We are happy with the space in our new place but the kitchen being not to our style/taste etc really grates as its very frustrating to cook in which is tough as you have to be in it every day :( We are in the process of sorting it but still bugs me. Love the one you have offered on best....any idea what position the other party are in?

I wanted to recommend a book to you, ladies, which we got S for his birthday. It is absolutely beautiful. It is called "On the night you were born". :cloud9:

Both great houses, F&C. I agree with Lydia, if it isn't meant to be, there's a reason for it.

Nope :cry: ICandy have put the dates back again and again :growl mad: John Lewis have been fab, keeping me updated, and as they say, if I'd rather have the 4 wheel one they can get it to me immediately, I jut reeeeeaaaaallly want the jogger now... Th least I heard it was middle Sept, but I'm guessing that it'll be Oct knowing how they've been on all of their other pram releases at the moment. Did you get yours looked at?

Ann, both houses are great! I love the kitchen in the one you have an offer on. But the back yard of the new house is amazing! Have they given you a timeline as to when an offer will be accepted?

G! shall check out that book!

Nope :cry: ICandy have put the dates back again and again :growl mad: John Lewis have been fab, keeping me updated, and as they say, if I'd rather have the 4 wheel one they can get it to me immediately, I jut reeeeeaaaaallly want the jogger now... Th least I heard it was middle Sept, but I'm guessing that it'll be Oct knowing how they've been on all of their other pram releases at the moment. Did you get yours looked at?

Yep, took it to JL to have it looked at who sent it back to iCandy. A week later they sent us a brand-new chassis. :thumbup:

Have you decided on a colour yet?

Oh my:cry: Just read "On the Night you were Born" I found it online. G has really found a gem and I'd like to share it with you all.

On the Night you were Born by Nancy Tillman

On the night you were born,
The moon smiled with such wonder
That the stars peeked in to see you
And the night wind whispered,
“Life will never be the same.”
Because there had never been anyone like you…ever in the world.
So enchanted with you were the wind and the rain
That they whispered the sound of your wonderful name.
It sailed through the farmland
High on the breeze…
Over the ocean…
And through the trees…
Until everyone heard it
And everyone knew
Of the one and only ever you.
Not once had there been such eyes,
Such a nose,
Such silly, wiggly, wonderful toes.
When the polar bears heard,
They danced until dawn.
From faraway places,
The geese flew home.
The moon stayed up until
Morning next day.
And none of the ladybugs flew away.
So whenever you doubt just how special you are
And you wonder who loves you, how much and how far,
Listen for geese honking high in the sky.
(They’re singing a song to remember you by.)
Or notice the bears asleep at the zoo.
(It’s because they’ve been dancing all night for you!)
Or drift off to sleep to the sound of the wind.
(Listen closely…it’s whispering your name again!)
If the moon stays up until morning one day,
Or a ladybug lands and decides to stay,
Or a little bird sits at your window awhile,
It’s because they’re all hoping to see you smile…
For never before in story or rhyme
(not even once upon a time)
Has the world ever known a you, my friend,
And it never will, not ever again…
Heaven blew every trumpet
And played every horn
On the wonderful, marvelous
Night you were born.

Thanks ladies. Basically they said they would think about whether or not to sell when they're back from their holiday which is apparently a week on Monday. They have told the estate agent that they'll only move to one of three roads and it has to be detached. Well one has come up right next door to where the woman grew up but there are a few things they don't like. So basically if they decide it's not right for them they won't sell. I'm just worried by their lack of interest in it as if they're quite cold on it now goodness knows how they'll feel after a month or two.

I much prefer the kitchen in the one we've offered on but in a few years we could redo the kitchen in the other house so it's also as fabulous.

I had to stop reading it Brig as I got all teary! Can you buy it from Amazon?

Oh thankfully the card company found my money.. Phew!

I had to stop reading it Brig as I got all teary! Can you buy it from Amazon?

Oh thankfully the card company found my money.. Phew!

Yes it's on amazon! I just checked online and our local book store has it so I'm off to buy it. lol

And YAY about your card! btw...Thank you to the Phipps family for the wonderful birthday card we received today!!!:hugs:

F&C, here is the link. We got the Board Book version, so we can already read it now as S can be a bit hands on with his books.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Night-You-Were-Born/dp/0312601557/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1314395062&sr=8-2

I am glad you like it, Brig and Ann. We got it for S's birthday and have already read it twice for bedtime now. :cloud9: The illustrations are beautiful too.

Great news on the card company finding the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->