Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Pleased you got the card Pip (hugs) they were ready ages.... Unfortunately I found them still in hubs car when we went away he'd not posted them all this time and I'd not known :-((((( sorry ladies. And our lovely pic from S was just precious thank you - and LOVE that book you recommended x

I've been quiet as things not si good at home. We had a week away in a router we borrowed, but I guess both of us being home together all this time has taken it's toll. Things hopefully on the mend now, went out for our wedding anniversary yesterday, and Dylan has benefited from my stress as I've been baking him savoury muffins which he loves, first efforts were reasonable lol!!!

Hope you're all doing good, loving the pics but have mostly skim read sorry! Claire great news on the job front! I can't wait for DH to start uni next week and for me to hopefully start soon. My parents are moving here on Sept 17th so I am so looking forward to that.

Our SS gifts are still goin down a storm here D is car and book mad atm and also loves playing in water argh!

Xxxxx

Lia I'm so sorry to hear you have been having a few issues. I really hope they are on their way to being sorted now. I can only imagine how hard it must be spending all your waking hours together. I really think it's important to have your own lives. xx

Moggy.. I just don't do dresses anymore! Like you the last one I wore was probably my wedding dress!

P&F, sorry to hear you are having a few issues. Hope they get sorted soon. :hugs:

Savoury muffins sound lovely. Do you have a recipe?

Also, I know this question has been asked before, but if anyone is like us things and opinions change. :dohh: Apart from Moggy (whose opinion on the matter I know, but you can still join in, Moggy :winkwink:), who is having another one and who isn't? Also when are you thinking of TTC?

As for us we are really not sure at the moment. On the one hand we love things the way they are at the moment, but on the other we think it'd be nice for S to have a sibling. But there is also the financial side: If money was no object, we'd probably have another one soon. So maybe we should just have S and be able to live a more comfortable life financially. I mean money is tight at the moment with just us three, so it would no doubt be even tighter if there was four of us.

Anyway, I'm rambling. What are your thoughts on your situation?

Just being nosy, but I don't think all the Bumps and Flushes have replied to this... :coffee:

PIp- not sure what we'll do here......hubby would gladly have another 1 or 2.....me im thinking maybe we're done already. 3 would be great in theory for me but im also put off by the extra hassle of everything with another extra 1....hope i dont sound mean :blush: Going places is hard work with 2 never mind 3...also hols and babysitting is harder :shrug:
Money wise i think we'd struggle but if we both really wanted the 3rd id go fo it we we could manage the maternity leave....the rest falls into place and you will manage...i dont think theres a perfect time to have kids as theres always somethign to worry about money wise. Im also thinking about studing too so another would really put a stop to my nursing i think.....i m not really sure. But im happy to have come from a familiy of 4 kids and hubby is 1 of 5! So personally i would always prefer to have at least 2 kids so they can look after each other growing up :shrug: But that's just me.....but then if my body predicted that we could only have one id be happy with what i got iykwim.

hope ive answered your question :haha:

xx

Here are some pics..

With some pressies and her peppa ride on....she loves it (so does jac lol)
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/pengiun77/P1020377.jpg
SS wodden car...loves this too..as it has a handle...
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/pengiun77/P1020380.jpg
Welsh slogan tshirt....love loev love it....hubby is impressed with SS :thumbup:
(will post pic of her wearing it tomorrow..havent worn it yet think its a bit big for now but will deffo be a fave)
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/pengiun77/P1020382.jpg
With megan his cousin
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/pengiun77/P1020399.jpg
Ana with a cheesy grin
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/pengiun77/P1020409.jpg
Some cake with grandad..yesterdays mini party..
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/pengiun77/P1020432.jpg
mmmm
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/pengiun77/P1020442.jpg
the joneses lol
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/pengiun77/P1020437.jpg

will post some more in the next few days ...

xx

Love the photos Claire - she is SO cute! Especially love the grin one!

Pip - I think I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I'm actually quite broody at the moment (as is DH) but I'd really like it if my sister got pregnant first, so I'll wait until at least christmas before trying unless she gets pregnant first and then we'll probably get on with it...!

Lia - I'm so sorry you've been having a stressful time at home hun, I think DH and I would have strangled each other if we had to spend all day every day together! We're here for a good old moan when you need us hun. Big hugs xx (Oh, and ditto for the recipe for the savoury muffins please!)

What lovely pics :))))

Pip we would have ttc again already had I not taken redundancy, once I have a job we will assess - we would have liked to start ttc in July but are waiting at the min x

Recipe:
cheese & spinach muffins

Oil / butter for frying preferably unsalted
1/2 small red onion
175g/6oz plain flour
1.5tsp baking powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 egg
110ml/4fl oz milk
125g/4.5oz grated cheddar
60-70g baby spinach leaves torn
Oven 160C/325F/3

Heat oil and butter and fry onion until soft and set aside
Sift flour/b.powder/cayenne into bowl and make a well
Beat egg in jug and add milk
Pour into flour mixture and fold in
Add cheese/fried onion/spinach and fold gently until mixed
Spoon into muffin tray/cases (makes 10)bake 15-20 mins until golden and springy
allow to cool in tin for few minutes before turning out

Hope that works?! Awkward o iPhone pasting lol!!!

Great photos, Claire. Love them all.

Lydia, I remember you posting about your thoughts. I think you and Yas both replied at the time I first asked. ;)

Couldn't find where DH hid my book lol but pasted recipe from someone else and it looks like the same one I used? D has eaten them all like a hungry savage bless him!

Thanks ladies (hugs) minute to minute we are so hit and miss atm but am trying, and D is doing pretty great luckily x

Hi everyone :hugs: been reading on phone a lot as so tired- getting used to working- can't imagine what life is going to be like a few weeks when i've got to add in nursery runs and then university! :sigh:

I LOVED THE PHOTOS!!! Claire it's been a while since i've seen Ana, hasn't she grown up :cloud9: I wanted to text you the other day but remembered I don't have your number, can you PM me it pleasey please?

Lia- sorry i've been a pants friend- going to text you properly in the morning. Hope things are on the up :hugs: :hugs:

Moggy hope you're ok too- very quiet!! <3 xxx

In other news- has anyone started thinking about christmas pressies yet? Our rule is one big present from me and G, plus one bag of gifts from 'santa', so our pressie can be quite a good one. Thinking of a wooden kitchen- don't have tons of room though... but one can be squeezed in. Don't know what else really...

Hey Yas! You'll manage when nursery/uni starts - you're supermummy remember!!

In terms of presents for Christmas, we do a similar thing, one big pressie and then stocking fillers. My Mum bought her for her birthday a kitchen/dishwasher that we wanted to get her - yay! It hasn't arrived yet, but has great reviews. Its expensive, but I figure its a dishwasher/kitchen in one, so technically two toys... I love that we don't need to have it against a wall, wall space is rare in our quirky cottage with lots of wood/beams/wonky walls. Here you are https://www.babipur.co.uk/shop/m19/Plan_Toys/p2607/Kitchen_-_Kitchen_Centre/product_info.html

Hubby and I will buy her some little pots and pans etc. She won't play 'kitchen' yet, but she'll love opening and closing the doors and pulling everything out! We're putting it in our kitchen too, so she has her own space in there :thumbup:

:hi: everyone. Nice to see you all!

I have spent the last half an hour looking for a 15 or 20% discount code for JoJo Maman Bebe...without any success. :nope: I don't suppose one of you knows one or has received one? I have found a 10%, but could really do with 15 or 20%.

Also this one Yas - cheaper and lots of accessories (damn not seeing this one before ours was ordered!! Oh well, I guess I'm not paying), Pip, now you've got me on JoJo (no discount code though I'm afraid, I don't even get emails anymorehttps://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+maxi-cooker-in-wooden-toys+b7382

Also this one Yas - cheaper and lots of accessories (damn not seeing this one before ours was ordered!! Oh well, I guess I'm not paying), Pip, now you've got me on JoJo (no discount code though I'm afraid, I don't even get emails anymorehttps://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+maxi-cooker-in-wooden-toys+b7382

Oooh, I like that...a lot. :thumbup:

On my phone so this will be short and sweet.

Pip: no TTC plans here NONE WHATSOEVER :haha: I'm still traumatized by the shitty 2 day labour and 5 day hospital stay. Plus the 6-7 months of waking up 4-5 times a night and not getting a full nights sleep until P was Ay least 10 months. If we do decide to have a second it won't be for another 3-4 years.

Xo

Morning all. Oh Claire those photos are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing, especially the ss present ones. Oh and love the whole family one.

Yas like Lydia says I'm sure you'll manage. You did a college course when K was a baby! If you can do that you can do anything. It is hard when they go to nursery but when you see what fun they have there it will get easier.

Pip weirdly we had the 2nd baby conversation yesterday. We originally said we would start trying when Harry is one, then it was when we move and now it's after the new year. I would like to be able to enjoy the festivities without feeling nauseous and not being able to drink. Also it would mean the new baby would definitely be one of the eldest in their class. Tbh that still feels very soon when you have a child with bad sleeping habits and such a love for boob! X

I can completely understand Brig and Ann, I've been so spoilt with J, she sleeps well and is so easy going, the next one will undoubtedly be a complete horror! I stopped feeding her about 3 weeks ago (she was so distracted, wouldn't settle on the boob and as a consequence my supply dropped to pretty much nothing over a few weeks). The labour bit still puts me off though, I still burst into tears about it every now and again. Ann - you went to see the hospital to go through your notes didn't you? What did they say about the whole 'pushing when not fully dilated' thing? Yours was fairly similar to mine I think. What do you think you'll do next time, do you have options? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->