Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Oh my Gosh Lydia...your poor sister:cry: and you too :cry: That's horrible that they kept her waiting all freakin day to tell her the condition she had been left in. :cry: My mom had an ectopic when I was about 6 I think...I don't remember much but I remember she looked like she was in physical pain for a little while. And to top it off her hubby is away :nope: ugh boy...what a situation. :cry:

Happy to hear things are well with J though! The pictures you post on FB are sooo adorable! such a beautiful little girl! And your fur-baby is so adorable too! :haha:

No news here...still no period...I will take a test later tonight or tomorrow morning. But I did read that when women are Bfing that periods can be quite irregular and you can even miss months. :shrug:

Well big hugs to you and your sister :hugs:

So Nathan and I are having our first date night in almost 9 months. My friend who updated you all when I was in labour will be watching Peyton tonight while hubby and I got to the movies! Can't wait!!

Sorry to hear about your sister, Lydia. Huge :hugs: to you.

Hope you and Nathan will have a great night together. What are you going to see? You're probably better off waiting with the test until tomorrow and enjoy a good night. As Lydia said it might just be irregular periods due to the BF. But once you have done a test it will put your mind at rest.

Lydia I am so sorry about your sister. Its truly upsetting and to top it off her dh is away. I'm so glad she has a good sister in you so that she's not going through this alone. Thank goodness they only took one tube.

Brigitte I hope you have a lovely date night and good luck for the test. I still haven't had a period so can't offer you any advice on that front but it makes sense that they will be all over the place.

Yes Lydia, S really enjoyed his sweetcorn. It would be interesting to see what J makes of it.

Another idea if you haven't already tried it is the Cheese Twirl things. We have tried these and S seems to love them. :cloud9:

Attachments

• cheese.jpg
    cheese.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 0
  • cheese1.jpg
    cheese1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanks Pip, yes, we tried some darirylea ones the other day and she loved them, so much so that she swallowed some whole...?!!

Thanks guys, you're brill!

DH not helping, he's gone on a stag do, with the promise that it wouldn't be bad, he'd ring etc etc, its 3aam and guess what? No call/text/sign of life etc. I worry so much and he knows that I won't sleep unless I know he got back to the hotel ok. It makes me so cross and upset. Sorry - needed to moan!

Brig - I hope you have a wonderful date night! We had one recently and it was bliss! Although I really didn't dare drink much, I'm pathetic these days and a sniff of wine gets me tipsy!

So date night was great!! We saw Priest in 3D with Paul Bettany and Cam Gigandet!! It was really good and had us jumping a bunch of times! Peyton was good for Kate and her hubby, she only whined a couple times when they were out of the room getting baths and bottle ready for their kids. So a good girl we have!!

And thank you for the well wishes...will test in the am.

xo

Lydia I am so sorry about your sister, its heartbreaking especially when the baby was so wanted. Dont forget you can always text anytime :friends:

My sis announced her pregnancy to us a few weeks ago, she told her GP who scared the life out of her saying she would have to have an amnio wtf to rule out downs. She was bricking it and worrying about MC until we persuaded her she didnt HAVE to have an amnio there were other less invasive things she could have first to get an odea of risk....she is older than me and lost her first pregnancy so she is very cautious about getting excited.

No pics of the house as I cannot find the camera lead :nope: and not sure how else to upload any as otherwise I email myself from my phone :wacko: Jackster has his new room and is loving it, he rolls around and can happily sing and chat for a while so he isnt getting us up so early, we are getting past 6am most days :) Mogsteer had George Pig at first but once Jack had his new room he wanted his car stuff in so now he has a blue and car theme, just need a lightshade....

The bathrooms were fine already and as we have done the two boys bedrooms we decided to attack the fitted wardrobes in our bedroom...theyre all out now and we have 38 holes to fill :shock: before we can redecorate!! Alos need to find a few bookcases and a dressing table that I like..... Once our room is done and OH finishes his course we can think about sorting the kitchen :happydance:

Big loves to you all, love that we are all in here more often again as it is lovely to be sharing stuff with you guys again and hearing about what you are all up to. :hugs:

Wow Moggy! You have a lot to keep you busy these days huh?? Hopefully you can take pictures soon and show us! I'm pretty sure I speak for all of us when I say we're excited to see the new house and how you're fixing it up! Fingers crossed for your sister that everything goes well and she won't need that amnio after all.

Speaking of pregnancies....I tested this morning.:coffee: I'm happy to report a :bfn:!!!!!!:happydance: I guess it is the BFing making my period wonky:shrug: and I mean I only got it back in February after not having it since November of 2009 so I guess it's expected?:shrug:

Moggy, fingers crossed your sister won't need the amnio and all goes well for her.

Brig, that is good news for you at this moment in time. As you said it is most likely the BF'ing.

And I agree I am looking forward to seeing pics of the newly done up house.

As for us: S crawled forward for the first time yesterday. :happydance: And he now gives kisses. :cloud9:

One question for you, ladies. With S discovering his own independancy now, I usually find him sitting up in the cot when he is supposed to be going asleep...or he crawls about up and down in the cot...or he tries to pull himself up now. :dohh: The problem with that is that he sometimes falls back down and bangs his wee head. Not to an extent that makes him cry, but still. I have now ordered a 2-sided Safe Dreams Cot Wrap, which will hopefully help. What do you do? Any great ideas or is it just something I need to let him do and learn for himself?

Awwwe! G isn't it great when they give kisses!?? Peyton has been giving kisses for a few weeks, but it's the open mouth kind. lol! she opens her mouth and leans forward. So cute!! And YAY!! for the crawling!!! That's so exciting!

One question for you, ladies. With S discovering his own independancy now, I usually find him sitting up in the cot when he is supposed to be going asleep...or he crawls about up and down in the cot...or he tries to pull himself up now. :dohh: The problem with that is that he sometimes falls back down and bangs his wee head. Not to an extent that makes him cry, but still. I have now ordered a 2-sided Safe Dreams Cot Wrap, which will hopefully help. What do you do? Any great ideas or is it just something I need to let him do and learn for himself?[/QUOTE]

I've had trouble with this...but finally last week I just backed off of Peyton a little and let her do her own thing. She fell backwards from sitting once and bonked her head :-( and tried to get on her hands and knees from sitting and face planted on the carpet :shrug: I guess we need to expect them to get bumps and bruises at this stage? I worries me...but it's a part of growing up I guess?

Aww, thats so cute! I can't wait to get kisses!

I think we're going to try to attempt a happy medium regarding bumping on heads etc - she occasionally really whacks herself and cries, but then if we always catch her or there are pillows around, she tends to think its funny to throw herself backwards! So generally we are trying to make sure there are no really hard floors (difficult in our old house) or sharp edges near her. Not sure about the cot thing though, J tends to crawl around and doesn't pull herself up yet, so the worst is really her getting stuck!

Wow Moggy - you've been busy! Will look forward to pics when you find the camera!

Thanks for all of the support you guys, its so lovely. My heart just breaks every time I see her, she saw a pheasant with chicks the other day and burst into tears. Everywhere we go, every tv programme, magazine article etc - babies are everywhere!

Great news for now Brig, I bet you're relieved.

Brig, you must be relieved, hope the date night is lovely- we had our first one last week and it was great :cloud9: we were asleep by midnight, stone cold sober though, haha!

Moggy, congrats on your sisters pregnancy, bloody doctor scaring her :angry:

Lydia... i'm so sorry about what your poor sister has had to go through :cry: what awful, unecessary treatment to top off an already devastating situation. Thank goodness it was caught before it ruptured so that she was safe, I hope she can get through this ok- nothing you can do except carrying on being supportive and loving her. :hugs: you are a great sister to care so much xxx

Pip, I'm of the 'he'll learn eventually' school of thought...

I just got back from Chichester, I went to spend the night with my best friend ButtonJessie and 5 month old Lola- I'm so broody I could POP! Lola is so tiny, as she was prem, she's still just 12lb- sooooo small- she's like a little newborn. Loved it. :cloud9:

loved Chichester when I was a student, my best mate studied music there and it was a quick choo choo ride from Pompey - nice to know we both used our degrees in our work :dohh: history = banking and music = civil service :wacko:

:hi: all,

With S now starting to move more, I think we need to think about baby-proofing the house. One of the first things is probably the fireplace, which has a stone hearth and sharp edges. I have seen a few possibilities like a guard all around the fireplace (which is an electric fire anyway) or a Hearth Guard, which is like a cushion around the edges and corner. Has anyone used them, any experiences?

Brig - Kisses are cute :cloud9:

Moggy, busy busy busy bee :haha: Hope you're finally getting to the end of the decorating...

Lydia... Im so sorry about your sister hun.....you being there for her can only help :hugs:

Pip - We have the ugly fire guards which goes all the way round or fireplace. It does the job and has been up for 1.5 years now. No issues at all.....not the pretties of things but it does its job well :thumbup: I suppose im used to it being there too.....:shrug: all depends what you need and if ur worried about how ur room will look to i suppose...

Yas - Sound like you had fun with your friends :thumbup:

AFM....back in work for real today......i absolutely hate it!! I hated the 1/2 day i was in thursday too...so i know changing career at some point is the right choice :thumbup: Ana has settled into nursery really well so that one less thing to think of. Today was a disater though...my parent were looking after them from 10am till i came from work and Jac ended up sick poor thing....something must have upset his stomach as he was anew boy by bed time tonight im glad to say. Hopefully he'll be ok tomorrow for hubbys mum to look after them. Then nursery for them wednesday and thurs morning.

On another note no sign of a job for hubby ....really hope something comes up soon.:coffee:
And i never went for the intervoew....still no letter form the company and nobody there when i phoned.....glad really as it sounds like a cr@p company

hope all you lovelies are well.

xx

Glad it went ok Claire :hugs: Ann went to work today too, so very happy to hear nursery was a success for you both xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->