Butter for baking?

jenny82

Reaction score
What butter do you use in your cakes/buns etc?

I was using lurpak but its so expensive, I can't justify paying that money all the time and I've started baking a lot :/. I used stork a few nights ago and personally preferred the texture and taste of that cake, but I don't know if its the butter or just that I used my big mixer instead of hand mixing.

I use the supermarket own brand blocks for baking :)

What butter do you use in your cakes/buns etc?

I was using lurpak but its so expensive, I can't justify paying that money all the time and I've started baking a lot :/. I used stork a few nights ago and personally preferred the texture and taste of that cake, but I don't know if its the butter or just that I used my big mixer instead of hand mixing.

I've heard stork is a better option for cakes.

Ok thats good to know other people use it too! It was £6 for a kilo of lurpak in tesco, too much!

I am making a fancy cake for tomorrow and was going to use the 'nicer' butter but I won't bother now. Thanks! :thumbup:

I use aldi own brand buttery spread for cakes.i find it works well.

Stork here too. A lot of bakeries use stork, I much prefer the results than using butter. I only use real butter for buttercream though, I use any brand that's on special offer, but not Anchor because it's too soft. Not keen on Lurpak either.

I just use own brand butter.

Butters butter whether itcost £1 or £3 :haha:

i just use tesco value :dohh:

im a cheapskate & cakes i make are just for LO & i to eat. xx

I use stork for cakes and cupcakes and use sainsbury's value butter for icing

I use clover - I bake a lot and found that cakes with clover have a lighter fluffier texture and tend to rise better and bake more evenly. It must be the clover as that's the only thing I changed! It makes good buttercream too - easier to work with than butter and with a tiny bit of milk its perfect for piping. I know its a bit expensive so I stock up when its on offer - plus we use it for everything (sandwiches, mash etc) so I only need to buy one butter product x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->