c section or natural?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by lisaandsprog, Apr 22, 2009.

1. lisaandsprog

lisaandsprog Mother of two, nearly 3!

hey ladies, well just thought id see what u thought. With my son i had to have an emergeny c section but with my daughter i had a natural birth. So with this little one, they have given me the choice of whether i want to have another c section or whether i want to try for another natural. My first thought was natural - purely because it was faster for me to recover that way last time. But the more i think about it, the more im starting to consider a c section - it does seem to be the easy way out. i kno it hurts more afterwards but id at least escape labour pains.... :D Also we have no family up here so when i DO go into labour im going to have to phone my dad who lives about 2 and half hours away, to look after the kids whilst dp goes to the hospital wit me. I do have a friend who said she'd watch them till my dad gets here, but as much as i love her, she's just not 100 % reliable - she goes out at the weekends..... what if i go into labour whilst she's out clubbing? I thought maybe if i had a c sction id at least have an exact date, and i could arrange for my dad to come up in time for then. BUUUUUUUT.......on the other hand - what if im 3 weeks early again like i was wit morgan and chanelle? The date wouldnt matter then anyway........ IM CONFUSED! :dohh:

2. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

Hard to say hun, pros and cons with both really. You need to decide what you really want to do. Is there no-one else who can watch the kids till your dad gets there if you was to go natural?

3. Tammi

Tammi New Mommy

For what it's worth, I m having a elective c-section :hugs:

4. lisaandsprog

lisaandsprog Mother of two, nearly 3!

no, no-one else really - everyone we know lives quite far away - we moved here about 2 yrs ago from london. i know - im a bit confused now! It does scare me a bit to know ill be awake this time around if i go wit a c section - i had to have general anesthetic last time, so i was proper knocked out!

5. Tammi

Tammi New Mommy

I think you can still get a knock out c section if thats what you want,...
    I know they do it here if you ask it .