cake and party bag help ?!

EmziixBo0o

Reaction score
Hi guys.. my daughter is 4 Wednesday and for the first time ever we are having a party Sunday !

Now I'm getting a cake made but need to buy the figures to go on it ?!

For tangled ones they're 5 or 6 pound each on ebay and postage on top ! I think that's ridicules.. is it normal for me to have to provide these myself ?! I can't afford money for a cake and figures!
Also I need to do party bags but don't want to spend huge amount of money on them so need advice what to put in them ect xxx

We had my daughters 4th birthday party today. We had a Tinkerbell figurine on top of the cake along with some edible flowers, toadstools and ladybird. It did come to about £17 for the toppers though. The cake I made myself though, but I had to buy the flower shape tin.

The party bags I always go overboard on them. I love party bags!
I found some great stuff in the supermarkets for cheap though.
In each we had - pencil with novelty rubber on top (bought 20 odd in a pack from amazon), mini notepad, plastic stencil ruler (pack of 8 from asda), mini bubbles (pack of 24 from amazon), toy gliders (pack of 12), stain glass window craft thing (from hobbycraft), chocolate flower, lollipop, sticker sheet

Think that was it :/

We bought our party bags ready-made from Poundland, though I don't know if they're still on sale. They were remarkably good value, with little collectable figures, sheets of stickers, stationery items and such in them - no sweets, which you may consider a bonus - but at that price you do have to worry about the conditions they're being made in.

For my eldest's 4th birthday in October I bought a 'decorate at home' cake from Morrisons and some icing and made him a 'hockey' cake with a jersey on it. My hubby helped a lot with this lol. That cost £10 tops altogether.

Party bags I just bought generic red everything as Earl wanted it to be Red Wings themed which was handy. Napkins £2 for 40 from Tesco, Bags were £2 for 20. I bought a big pack of 'value' balloons from the £1 shop, and got favours in the form of little noise makers and jumping frogs. I got a big variety pack of chocolate mini's and a big bag of Haribo minis. I think I spent about £30 on everything for 30 bags which I didn't think was too bad.

The Supermarkets and £1 shops are your best bet, and don't be drawn in to 'top trumps', just stick with what the kids will enjoy. A balloon, a toy, and a bag of sweets along side their slice of cake will be very much appreciated and doesn't leave too much tat around for the parents to have to carry home.

For the actual party nags just buy tangled colours- purple fir girls, green for boys and then print and stick pictures of Rapunzel and Flynn on them (we did this with snow white for DD) We also wrote the kids names on them to keep track of who got one etc!

We filled them with bouncy balls, bubbles, toy cars, crayons etc all very cheap maybe cost like £3 per party bag but it's such a faff trying to get equal amounts of things in every bag (bouncy balls came in packs of 3, bubble came in packs of 5 etc had to buy multiple and ended up with extra!)

So for next year I was going to try and do a party favour instead of a bag something like home made ribbon wands- buy a bag of wooden sticks from hobby craft plus 1 metre of ribbon per child and glue on the end, if you have extra budget add a little bell or multiple ribbons tot the end. Do them in tangled colour to match the theme :)

we always buy ready made cakes from asda (british name for walmart for any americans) anything else seems OTT to me, the ready made ones are great quality and only £10

for my sons 4th birthday he had a bowling and soft play party (just him and his cousins + older family members) with a mint aero bubbles cake and the party bags where made up from a bag of 'pinata' toys (huge bag of toys for a few pound)

for my sons 5th birthday he had a cinema party with his school friends (8 + my son I think) and he had an angry birds cake the week before the party, a sweetie tray cake that he took to school and at the party we bought boxes (happy meal style) and filled them with pop corn, drinks, lollypops, rainbow drops, cupcake and glowsticks (the children loved the glowsticks)... the kids ate most at the cinema and only really took the glowsticks home so no real 'tatt' as other parents call it (I meant to add balloons too but stupidly forgot)

last party my son went to give out touchable bubbles in the party bags which where popular

So there's not a bakery in which one can be purchased with the figurines on them already? That's what is done over here. Gabriel had a Spongebob one, an Angry Birds one, and a Ninja Turtle one so far. They have all come from a placed called Webbers in Chicago. I got my first birthday cake from there.
This year we are doing a new place called Bumbleberries. They do nice fondant cakes with gumpaste figurines like off the TV. Its well priced, 40 serving cake for $79.
As for the bags, its a luau this year, so we will be putting sunglasses, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, stickers and some other little things.
Good luck!

Are you good at playdoh? Buy fondant and make your own! I have also bought figures from cake shops as I make cakes. Or, go to a toy store and just buy small toys and use as cake toppers.

For goodie bags. .. do you have a dollar store? Fill loot bags with candy, play doh, bubbles, and chalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->