Cake Making & Baking Group

Do you think the oreo topping might work with gingernut biccies, with mild ginger cupcakes? I had a ginger bread man yesterday and it got me thinking!

LOL its addictive the flavour testing isnt it!?? LOL

i bet the ginger cupcakes with a dark treacle buttercream would be nice :)

Oooh yeah ginger ones might work nicely!

My Dad loves ginger and i made him a gingernut tray bake awhile age with dark chocolate and he loved it!

Wow, your cupcakes look fab hun :D Excellent first try - dreading my go now as i best mine will just look like a blob!! :rofl:

Jo - i've used that sugar packet sponge recipe for a while now - its fab isn't it :D

Got a lovely lemon sponge cake in the oven :)

Thinking of icing it green and making some butterflys and bumble bees and flowers :thumbup:

xx

Caitlinsmummy...that sounds yummy...i must add you on facebook hunni
Whoopy: mmmmmm Ginger cake is amaing...sounds lush
Vici: you will be fine hun.

wow Girls i am totally addicted...made some white chocolate buttercream as i wanted to make cupcakes using some different cupcake cases....all i did was add white chocolate to the buttercream...dont know if this is right or not but it tasted ok.

x

Know what I think would be deliiiiiiiicious.. ginger cupcakes and lime frosting! MMMM. I make a key lime pie with gingernuts instead of digestive base and its to die for.

We should think up some new flavour combos.. I'm getting bored of vanilla, choc and lemon. lol.

i want to make some cupcakes, got all the ingredients then realised i didnt have anything to pipe the icing with :lol:

I want to try something different....not sure what though!

Just seen a recipe for coca cola icing.Yeuck!

ewwww coca cola icing! Dont think I'd like that.

I'm itching to bake again...:blush: The FILS b day cake lily decorated went down well, it was sooooo lovely and soft and fluffy and tasted beautiful! Just a coconut cake with coconut syrup and buttercream in, iced in white, they were suitably impressed!:happydance:

I 'm making a subaru cake on tuesday for ants friend...Ive hired a car tin for £2 so will have the basic shell, so that to do and prepare butterlies this week for my easter cake...!

Are we all doing easter cakes?

I am going to do some simple easter cakes.I wish i could afford to bake more often :(

Hi :wave: ladies, I've just found this thread earlier today and read about the last 20 pages. So some of you do it professionally? I just dabble with baking but my pleasure just now it cupcakes. I've started to give them as gifts. I feel it's an nice touch. Here are the latest ones I've done for a friend who just had a baby girl. I have the Primrose Hill Bakery book and I love the couple of recipes I've done so far and I love the cream cheese icing however I would really like to know how you get the topping/icing to look really light and fluffy looking (sorry can't remember user name) like the last purple icing was.

Anyway he're's my latest attempt. Oh and it's this great, on BnB and not talking about ttc! :yipee:

Attachments

• Zoe 1.jpg
    Zoe 1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Zoe 2.jpg
    Zoe 2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Zoe 3.jpg
    Zoe 3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 21
They are adorable! So lovely.

Where did you get the decorations toppers from? Could really do with some of those in blue! xxx

Hi and thanks, got them off ebay - where else! I have blue ones too - see my avator. They had really cute little babies feet too. Her username is Emma's Cupcake Toppers but I've just had a look and she's nothing listed :-(

wow those cakes are amazing hun.

Just to say in Asda i found some McDougalls Supreme Sponge flour for 91p cant remember how much i paid in morrisons. It was a huge asda i was at...havent spotted it at the smaller one we go to.
x

Hi and thanks, got them off ebay - where else! I have blue ones too - see my avator. They had really cute little babies feet too. Her username is Emma's Cupcake Toppers but I've just had a look and she's nothing listed :-(

Awww :( Shame. Thanks anyway xxx

Ive made 2 batches of cupcakes this weekend and theyve both come out rubbish Im so upset :( My last ones were so perfect, only thing I did differently this time is replaced the vanilla essence with lemon. I dont knowwww!!! Need a bit more practice :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->