Cake Making & Baking Group

PP it's odd that the bits got stuck, I didn't have that problem. I bashed them good and propper and then set my mixer to a high speed to mix the bits in. I think it chopped the bits up even more iykwim

andrea the white bits are only small, just made from fondant :)

polo princess those u have done are identical to the ones i have in my head, even down to the brown wrapper! they look lovely!

i buy stuff when im out all the time to put on cakes and cupcakes, its all crammed in my cupboard LOL

Whoppy, i dont use my mixer on the higher settings as Brooke hates it so that might be why :rofl:

Nuttymummy, i do too, in Morrisons today their tubes of sprinkles were "buy 2 save 20p" so i thought it'd be rude not to, even though i hadnt anything in mind that id use them for :lol:

LOL i have too!!

got those white stars, caramel curls, n some other bits!! i have mini eggs, after eights, mars bars etc all in my cupboard LOL

Ahhhh maybe that's the trick then. Luckily my Kitchens away from Amelia's room so I do most things whilst she's asleep. I'm sure she'd hate it of she were awake too.

I saw those in morrisons and i now have one of each. lol...I should take a piccie of the cupboard i keep them in...its a random tiny one thats only like 6 cm deep...i keep all the decorations in there lol.

I have terries chocolate orange ready for some chocolate orange ones, marshmallows for chocoalte and marshmallow, and some twirls for a chocolate bomb one. oooo and a rocky road one too.....where i plan to find the time to make these i dont know lol
x

I get them from Morrisons too :rofl: I'm going to be stocking up on everything before I leave :D and get my 10% discount :D

I haven't really got a cupboard dedicated to cake stuff yet its all just dotted about everywhere :blush: OH keeps complaining so hopefully at the weekend I am going to sort the cupboards out and get rid of a lot of cack we don't use in them and keep some spare space for all my cake stuff! :D xx

Heres a photo of my cupcakes I made a week or so ago. They are the first cupcakes Ive EVER made & I piped the icing on the pink ones myself and made the icing myself I was so proud :rofl:

Not perfect but ok for a first try :)

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/linzis/100_1216.jpg
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/linzis/100_1217.jpg
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/linzis/100_1218.jpg

:)

Thank you :) The white ones I was really nervous so I bought icing already in a piping bag from asda but the icing I made myself tasted soooo much better & was much easier to use!! x

Hello ladies,

Could you be honest about these please? Im looking to start a business in the summer and obviously need plenty more practise but could you's be honest with how these look? My family say they look good but thats what family say! lol I need to know if they look as though they're nearing being selling worthy? lol

Thanks ladies!! xxx

Attachments

• Cupcake 5.jpg
    Cupcake 5.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Bow.jpg
    Bow.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Mum Cake.jpg
    Mum Cake.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Daddy Cake.jpg
    Daddy Cake.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 27
  • fondant fancies.jpg
    fondant fancies.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 18
Linzi theyre great for your first attempt hun, as they say practice makes perfect :thumbup:

Need to pick your brains girls ... i want to make some cherry bakewell cupcakes, its my favourite cake EVER lol ... but im stuck as for how to do this, which way around shall i flavour what? :shrug:

PP I love your cup cake making style...they always look fantastic!

Linzi they are brill hun, well done:thumbup:

babydance, I think they are great...I'm sure you could sell them x

Can somebody answer my questions?:blush:

Baby dance....i think they are great....especially the one with the spots on it...my fave xx

Andrea or tracey, how do I attatch my sugar butterflies to the florist wire?
same for flower heads to stems.....they are going around the bottom of my cake against the cake itself iyknwim.

Sorry hun i cant help i have never attempted this...only guess is edible glue?
x

They are great babydance!

As for cherry Bakewell cupcakes you could have an almondy flavour sponge with jam in the middle and then maybe try feather icing on top.Never tried it myself but it looks effective!

Hello ladies,

Could you be honest about these please? Im looking to start a business in the summer and obviously need plenty more practise but could you's be honest with how these look? My family say they look good but thats what family say! lol I need to know if they look as though they're nearing being selling worthy? lol

Thanks ladies!! xxx

I love your cupcakes and the icing on them looks fab. What's your receipe for them? When you look at "professional" cakemakers cakes they always look perfect. I always find that until you take the photo you think they are and they can be improved on. Your white round cake with hearts is perfect in my opinion. It's gorgeous too, I would loved to have made that.

Hello ladies,

Thanks ladies!! xxx

Hiya, honestly your cupcakes look good, the parcel cake looks a bit wet, looks like you wet the brush you used too much, it wont dry perfect if you ise too much water.
How long have you been making cakes?

Starting a business is a massive thing to do, especially when you have little experience.
You will need to know that you can make a perfect cake every single time no matter what pressure you are under.

I sell my cakes, but I know they are nowhere near perfect and for this reason I wont start a business, and I sell them really cheap!
The only reason I have a FB page is because I was fed up of people adding me to look at my cakes!!!

IMO, if I was to order a cake from a real business, I would want perfection and that comes with tons of experience :)

Have you thought about maybe just doing it for family/friends and word of mouth for now?
As soon as you label yourself a business you will be paying tax etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->