Cake Making & Baking Group

Jo your cupcakes are fabulous! I keep getting requests from OH's work, I did all my "testing flavours/recipes etc" on all of them so now they want more!!!

Butter tablet is their favourite though! Wasn't too chuffed to find out the bloody prisoners were eating it all too!:growlmad:

(he works in a prison btw!!!)
:lol:
I've got in there early really, Ant is a site manager for building nursing home, start of a new job so only about 10 on site at the mo, can you imagine what I would be making if all the brickies etc.... were on site :shock:

Hey Ladiess! :D Wondering if anyone has a really yummy chocolaty cupcake recipe? I think Im guna do some with white and some with dark chocolate buttercream icing, but want the actual cakes to be lush and chocolatey too, and dont wana just google a recipe and it end up being rubbish! Any ideas?

xx
I just add cocoa to my normal recipe to make choc one but I am sure someone has a really scrummy recipe :)

Hey Ladiess! :D Wondering if anyone has a really yummy chocolaty cupcake recipe? I think Im guna do some with white and some with dark chocolate buttercream icing, but want the actual cakes to be lush and chocolatey too, and dont wana just google a recipe and it end up being rubbish! Any ideas?

xx
I just add cocoa to my normal recipe to make choc one but I am sure someone has a really scrummy recipe :)

Thanks, that was my first thought, so will probs just do that then. :thumbup: It might be abit sickly if I were to do a super chocolatey cake as well as chocolate buttercream. Might just add a little grated chocolate orange into it or something. :D Yum!! :happydance:

I have a Hobby craft very nearby and TBH they don't seem to restock very often, they're VERY expensive and if I go to my local cake shop the woman who runs it is has a wealth of advice. So I tend to go to the cake shop and come out with twice the stuff I went in for!

Well I took the cupcakes I made into work and they'd kept fine (happy day!) They lasted about 30 mins and some people even came back for a second one, the piggies! Everyone is still alive so I'm going to class them as a success. I got very little work done though as people were asking lots of questions, hehe!

To the lady who posted about butter cream/fondant icing sugar. Im not sure if its the right thing to do, but I did it with mine & the icing came our great :) x

has anyone got a recipe for a banana and choc chip loaf, i got 3 bananas sat here that have gone a bit brown and i dont want to have to chuck them if i can make something...

Banana and Choc Chip Muffins

https://www.muffinrecipes.co.uk/page28.html

I have been asked to make some cupcakes for a Coffee Morning tomorrow.I don't know which ones to do...Erk!

To the lady who posted about butter cream/fondant icing sugar. Im not sure if its the right thing to do, but I did it with mine & the icing came our great :) x
Thanks Linzi, I've got both types as my Mum had a spare packet :) guess I'll just try a bit of experimenting! Fun fun fun!

I'm just going to stick to vanilla as i will have to do them this evening so not got alot of time.

Just unsure of different ways to ice them.Might do some pink ones and some cream with chocolate decorations.Maybe a few cream tea ones if i have time?

Ladies, im a bit confused about these "cream tea" cupcakes ... isnt cream tea scones? :lol: :confused:

My mum took ome of my cupcakes into work with her the other day and because there were only 4 (we ate the rest at home lol) apparently everyone was fighting over them so ended up cutting them all in half so they called all have some :lol:

I made another wee cake today, it was so much fun making it hehe bit fidley but fun! :D

Attachments

• Spring cake 2 003.jpg
    Spring cake 2 003.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Spring cake 2 004.jpg
    Spring cake 2 004.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 23
Wow that is lovely :)
Does anyone mind if I invite my friend to our FB group? her name is Joanna Ellis x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->