Cake Making & Baking Group

i was gonna make some cupcakes today but made corned beef pie instead

i fancy making peach crumble too!!

I made another cake wee today, it was so much fun making it hehe bit fidley but fun! :D

ohh thats lovely:thumbup:

me and Lily May have made gingerbread 'shapes' today, I say 'shapes' as she pestered me for this easter egg full of easter cutters so we have stars, eggs, ducks,rabbits and good old gingerbread men:thumbup:

I'm itching to bake some cupcakes too but my head is dead of ideas....what can I do girls? I have alsorts in, but just cant put something together:dohh:

babydance that cake is lovely!! lots of nice bright colours! :) cute!

jac....what do u have in???
ive got loads i wana try, just not enough time :( LOL
y dont u bake plain ones and practice different decoration techniques? and colour combos?? xxx

Wow that is lovely :)
Does anyone mind if I invite my friend to our FB group? her name is Joanna Ellis x

Oooh shes not from North Wales is she ... a cake making lady of that name is hopefully going to be making Jamies Christening cake :happydance:

(ps sorry, i lurk on here just looking at the yummy cakes :blush: :haha: )

Ladies, im a bit confused about these "cream tea" cupcakes ... isnt cream tea scones? :lol: :confused:

Yes Cream Tea is a scone but it's just a cake instead of a scone.The recipe was for fresh cream and Jam but i used buttercream instead as i don't like fresh cream.

I think the name sounds good and suits them :thumbup:

Ladies, im a bit confused about these "cream tea" cupcakes ... isnt cream tea scones? :lol: :confused:

Yes Cream Tea is a scone but it's just a cake instead of a scone.The recipe was for fresh cream and Jam but i used buttercream instead as i don't like fresh cream.

I think the name sounds good and suits them :thumbup:

Ohhh right, oh ok, i get you now :lol:

Girls i have to make 12 cupcakes of 3 diff flavours tomorrow.....

is 250g flour/sugar/butter and 4 eggs plus other bits sound about right?
x

I made some mars bar ones and they didn't explode like a volcano in the oven this time! Yay!

i never knew we had a FB page! :( what is it?
https://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=1267080798896#!/group.php?gid=110758552269283&ref=ts :flower:
Wow that is lovely :)
Does anyone mind if I invite my friend to our FB group? her name is Joanna Ellis x

Oooh shes not from North Wales is she ... a cake making lady of that name is hopefully going to be making Jamies Christening cake :happydance:

(ps sorry, i lurk on here just looking at the yummy cakes :blush: :haha: )
No, she is a yorkshire lass through and through :)

silly question but what is cream cheesE? is Philadelphia cream cheese?
yep, i use tesco value, 25p for 200g, bargain and i think it tastes better than philly, plus know weighing it :lol:

Ive been at it again girls...:haha: Couldnt resist!

Dont ask me what they are, but theyre vanilla sponge, with glace icing in pink, then thick choc sauce then vanilla buttercream and a cherry on top...and their yum!
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/bnb%20selling/IMG_4502.jpg
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/bnb%20selling/IMG_4501.jpg

glitterfairy :rofl: why did they explode last time??

pink girl i can get 12-15 from a 3 egg mixture...depends what flavour u doing though? xx

Haha! The melted mars bar inside shot out little cracks in the top like a volcano!

Jac they look really effective.Great mixture of colours.

cross posts!!

jac they look mega cute!! a girl on a local marker sells some very similar looking to this...but i think hers were black forest gateau ones.

urs look so cute!! xx

glitterfairy :rofl: why did they explode last time??

pink girl i can get 12-15 from a 3 egg mixture...depends what flavour u doing though? xx

Doing basic vanilla hun.
Think i have sorted it...still getting use to the quantities it makes...i wanted to weigh ingredients tonight so tomorrow i can get backing as soon as i am back
x

woo Jac they are fabulous hunny!!!!

I want to make some white chocolate cake of some sort... its my new love! :blush:

Also wanted to try and make Millionaires cupcakes........ sort of like millionaires shortbread but cupcake instead of shortbread!
If anybody has loads of time try it out for me!!!

Well I have stocked up on stuff for easter weekend!
I am doing my 1st birthday castle cake on Thursday, then concentrating on out Easter cake feast!!!

I got some mini flowerpots! :yipee: So need to paint them and make some cupcakes for those.......and some flowers

Making a mini black forest Gateau....... and a mini carrot cake!
and possibly some classic cupcakes with mini eggs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->