Cake Making & Baking Group

you hae to wonder how on earth they have time to make all those cakes, they are forever on field trips and chatting...when iv been doing cakes i just about anage to feed tommy and change his nappy...anything else there just isnt time for!
:haha: xxx

i know! There are alot more people behind the scenes I think, doing all the rubbish jobs then they just swan in at the end and add a little bit and call it their creation!!

i want staff!!
"yes i am very talented...yup 5 tiers in one day, its just skill :smug:"
:haha:

haha!! i want staff too! I've made 40 sugar roses over the past few days and my hands ache..... told OH i want to win the lotto so i can pay someone to do it for me!!!

i still cant master roses...flowers just arent my thing, the paste dries out by the time im finished folding and rolling etc :dohh: xxx

lol i really need to find new flowers to make! It always roses, blossoms, daisies or sunflowers! LOL!

Hey guys, how do you stop air bubbles when piping? They do my head in!

i squidge (dunno if thats even a word) the piping bag for a while before piping, it warms the icing up a bit and pops bubbles!!

Hold it upside down though or it will all pipe out the nozzle!

can anyone please help me i have an order for a giant cupcake for a bday on the 28th. well they want diff size daisys on it..

so if i bought DA634 - PME Daisy Marguerite Plunger - set of 4
https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/acatalog/Flower_Cutters.html

what would i need to get to make the daisys?

alternatively is there someone who can make them for me if i pay them lol

i have a question, i just made a sponge cake formy mums bday today, it turned out okay and now my son is putting the icing colours on top :) but it was so stuck to the bottom of the cake tins i had to use a knife to scrape it out! how can i stop this happening? xx

i grease and flour the tins before i pour it the mixture which works really well, but u can buy cake release spray as well, or you could cut out a circle of greasproof paper and put than on the bottom of the tin :flower: xxx

can anyone please help me i have an order for a giant cupcake for a bday on the 28th. well they want diff size daisys on it..

so if i bought DA634 - PME Daisy Marguerite Plunger - set of 4
https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/acatalog/Flower_Cutters.html

what would i need to get to make the daisys?

alternatively is there someone who can make them for me if i pay them lol

the best thing to use is flowerpaste,its like a strong smoother fondant that dries out really hard :)

roll it out, cut the daisies out,use 2 cutouts per flower........ I lay mine over a food colour tub so they curl a bit then once they are dry glue them together!

Cut out a yellow circle for the middle and glue it on, then with a pin, prick little holes all over the yellow bit to get the right effect :)

do you buy the ready coloured stuff or colour it yourself?
do i roll flowerpaste out on icing sugar?

is it white and yellow daisies?

if it is just buy white flowerpaste then add some yellow colour for the middle bits, i wouldnt buy a whole pack of yellow just for a few little bits cos it is expensive stuff!!

yeah you roll flowerpaste out on icing sugar :) you wont need as much though cos it isnt as sticky as normal fondant.

i was going to do lilac flowers and i noticed they sell lilac flowerpaste but then i thought im gonna have to buy yellow to for the centres. But maybe if i buy white instead and colour the yellow bits i will have white to do white daiys to lol

also i bought some letter cutters can i use flowerpaste for thoe to??

sorry for all the questions

yeah you can, in fact you are better to, makes cutting them out much easier!!

iv got a question for you TJG :haha:
when u put the petals on do they go under or on top of the yellow middle?
xxx

LOL i dont know what you mean!!! :rofl:

Heres my latest..... a total rip off of the the one i wanted to do!! I did make all different coloured roses but ended up sticking with the original idea!
Its for a friends Auntie, she is having a Garden Party! :D
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs314.ash1/27845_427618710878_620555878_5458636_3043350_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->