Cake Making & Baking Group

oh and heres the hours and hours of roses..... :wacko:

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs264.snc3/27845_427618695878_620555878_5458635_147205_n.jpg

LOL i dont know what you mean!!! :rofl:

Heres my latest..... a total rip off of the the one i wanted to do!! I did make all different coloured roses but ended up sticking with the original idea!
Its for a friends Auntie, she is having a Garden Party! :D
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs314.ash1/27845_427618710878_620555878_5458636_3043350_n.jpg[/QUOTE

That is lovely, i wish i was able to do this, so far ive only mastered cupcakes :haha:

But hopefully after my lesson earlier i will be able to make daisys lol

how do you make the roses do you use flowerpaste again and push it into a mould?

Andrea darling you are so talented.I love your cakes.Well done xxx

that's gorgeous!
teach me to make roses :hissy:
the damn things have totally beaten me, and you turn out that many?
your too talented :)
i love the little bee and ladybirds btw, a lovely touch :)
xxxxx

i have a question, if i buy the tapk of icing sugar of that craft website, thw 250g one and open it but only use a small amount, how long will the rest of it last foror do i have throw it

LOL i dont know what you mean!!! :rofl:

Heres my latest..... a total rip off of the the one i wanted to do!! I did make all different coloured roses but ended up sticking with the original idea!
Its for a friends Auntie, she is having a Garden Party! :D
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs314.ash1/27845_427618710878_620555878_5458636_3043350_n.jpg[/QUOTE

That is lovely, i wish i was able to do this, so far ive only mastered cupcakes :haha:

But hopefully after my lesson earlier i will be able to make daisys lol

how do you make the roses do you use flowerpaste again and push it into a mould?

No, no mould just made by hand bit by bit!! Once you have done a few you get used to it! I usually make them while watching telly!!

that's gorgeous!
teach me to make roses :hissy:
the damn things have totally beaten me, and you turn out that many?
your too talented :)
i love the little bee and ladybirds btw, a lovely touch :)
xxxxx

haha i shoudl do like a video lesson!! LOL you wont understand my Scottish accent!!

you should!
no, i love scottish accents :D
Lol iv a thing for accents, my mums west indian, my stepdads from leeds but speaks very posh, my stepmum is a Jordy and my dads from sheffield, and my OH and his mum are German lol
Ifi can understand all of them im sure ill be fine with you :lol:
do u use a 5 petal cutter or do you cut individual petals and stick them together? xxx

xxx

i heard your voice on Daisys vid.I fell in love with you!

oh yeah you can keep that probably 6 months after you open it, as long as you seal it properly or wrap it in clingfilm then put it in an airtight container :D

ok last question for today i promise

If i buy a mould just for example like this

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Silicone-mou...Crafts_Cake_Decorating_MJ&hash=item35a62f2b26

I guess you use white flowerpaste? but how then do they get the colour on it????

i have a similar mold and i used just powdered it well and used fondant, i think florwer paste is too tough for that kind of mold, maybe you could use mexican paste though?
Then i painted the colour onto it with the sugarflair colour pastes xxxx

wow andrea thats amazing

and i agree you should totally do a rose teaching vid!!

you should!
no, i love scottish accents :D
Lol iv a thing for accents, my mums west indian, my stepdads from leeds but speaks very posh, my stepmum is a Jordy and my dads from sheffield, and my OH and his mum are German lol
Ifi can understand all of them im sure ill be fine with you :lol:
do u use a 5 petal cutter or do you cut individual petals and stick them together? xxx

xxx

LOL! :rofl:

erm.... i dont use a cutter at all!! i just sort of roll a ball then squeeze it between my finger and thumb til it is the right shape!

i have a similar mold and i used just powdered it well and used fondant, i think florwer paste is too tough for that kind of mold, maybe you could use mexican paste though?
Then i painted the colour onto it with the sugarflair colour pastes xxxx

Do you think they use those edible pens and colour it in??

i dont think so coz the colour isnt very strong in those pens, they have a very fine nibs iykwim?
i just used a paintbrush xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->