Cake Making & Baking Group

Oh that is just lovely, I am sure you can save bits of it x

hey guys!! im back!!!! LOL

had lots of pages to read....but not many cakes....but whats cakes i did see were GORGEOUS! well done everyone!!

adam bought me some cupcake earrings on holiday...they are mega cute, he also bought me a cupcake set (not that i need one but it was a nice thought!) it was a cupcakes book (just a small one) came with a small silicone muffin tray, a piping bag and a few nozzles. i dont think ill use it but it was such a lovely thought, they are for making 'mini' cupcakes so i might give a few a try!
he rushed off to buy me a cupcake bracelet too but i called him back because it was a pearl bracelet with a dangly cupcake....which i dont have much to wear with it, i told him to save his money LOL

god i was ill for two days before the holiday, just felt really odd n not right. my mum n adam said its because i had no cakes to do and was getting withdrawl symptoms!! LOL :rofl: they said im used to just running around n doing stuff all the time, but i had a week off before the holiday and they said my body had, had a shock :rofl: how pathetic!!! LOL

hope everyones baking is going well!!

and forgot to say....theres already a scottish cake decorator who makes tutorials....shes AMAZING! and has now started selling tutorials, her models are just brilliant!! theres still a few free ones hanging about though, ill find them for you when i have more time.....renshaw regal ice approached her to make a cake for the cake show...i saw it a couple of years ago when i went!

hiya tracy :wave:
glad u had a good time :)
uv been meaning to ask actually, how do u ladies stop from getting airbubbles under your icing?
lik eon my peppa pig cake, i was so pleased apart from this flipping bubble on the top...
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs528.ash1/31036_420228535699_588895699_5844314_1852728_n.jpg
xxx

do u use a cake smoother?

i dont seem to get any air bubbles when i use them x

hiya kris...its how you knead the icing.......its hit n miss sometimes...i went through a massive period of not getting any at all, then bang, two cakes in a row, i get air bubbles!!!

cake decorating books etc tell u to insert a pin into the bubble at an angle, then ease the air out with your finger and try to smooth the hole shut. (i can never get it to look neat though!! unless you put a decoration over it! LOL)

as u knead the icing u are pushing air into the icing, hence the bubbles. the bigger bubbles are usually caused by air trapped between the cake and the icing, but seeing as theres are smaller, it look like an air bubble between two bits of icing, so no amount of smoothing will get rid of it :) try to the pin thing n see if it works for you next time xx

welocme back Tracey! Could have done with you this morning!

Yeah Lea I would take as much off it as you can :)
Such a shame cos its a lovely looking cake!

Well the garden party cake?! Friend showed it to her Mum (it was for her auntie) and she didnt like it :(

Wanted the green off it and replaced with white..... gutted isnt the word.... i was in floods of tears!!

All they said was teh auntie liked nature, flowers etc so i went with what I thought that was!! Green! Sadly it was just too green.

I stripped it back and after a ton of disasters its ended up like this.......... still needs the writing added.....

Attachments

• DSC01246.jpg
    DSC01246.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC01241.jpg
    DSC01241.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 31
thankyou, yeh i did try the pin trick (courtesy of the homeguide to cake decorating lol!) and thats the reason for the cloud on the far left! :haha:
it worked great for getting rid of the bubble but i couldnt neaten it up, and that one bubble next to peppa was just too far in the centre to cover over...
it irritated me about the whole cake lol!
was so chuffed apart from that bit :dohh: xxx

aww! thats horrible!
i thought it looked lovely :(
looks nice now though too :) xxx

:wave: Hi everyone. My name is Sara and Im from Ontario Canada. I've been doing cakes for a couple of years....

here's the thomas the train i finished up last night.

DSC01602 (Medium).jpg

Ok ladies quick help if possible please!! :D

I am going to be selling my cakes at a carboot sale on Sunday and I am wondering what flavours to do?!

I was thinking of doing vanilla, chocolate, lemon and thats all I can think of at the moment, obviously I don't want to make TOO many different flavours and also what do you think I should sell them for? £1 each? £2 each? xx

Andrea thats awful!! it looked amazing before!! (and after ) :grr: tbh i would of just told them to bugger off , if they didnt give u a specific plan of what they wanted then i would of said they should of been more specific!

Ok ladies quick help if possible please!! :D

I am going to be selling my cakes at a carboot sale on Sunday and I am wondering what flavours to do?!

I was thinking of doing vanilla, chocolate, lemon and thats all I can think of at the moment, obviously I don't want to make TOO many different flavours and also what do you think I should sell them for? £1 each? £2 each? xx

i would do vanilla chocolate lemon and strawberry xx

welocme back Tracey! Could have done with you this morning!

Yeah Lea I would take as much off it as you can :)
Such a shame cos its a lovely looking cake!

Well the garden party cake?! Friend showed it to her Mum (it was for her auntie) and she didnt like it :(

Wanted the green off it and replaced with white..... gutted isnt the word.... i was in floods of tears!!

All they said was teh auntie liked nature, flowers etc so i went with what I thought that was!! Green! Sadly it was just too green.

I stripped it back and after a ton of disasters and another full day of my poor Daisy being ignored, its ended up like this.......... still needs the writing added.....

omg how fussy i thought it was stunning! and at the end of the day its only going to be eaten....

Andrea i just told my mum about it (i showed her the pic of your original cake yesterday) and she was shocked, and has said the same thing as Lea basically lol,
dont take it to heart :hugs:
your cakes are great! xxx

catlinmummy, have you checked you can sell them at the car boot, i know at my local one we cant sell any food products. but if you can how about a almond one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->