Cake Making & Baking Group

catlinmummy, have you checked you can sell them at the car boot, i know at my local one we cant sell any food products. but if you can how about a almond one

i was just about to say that and if they do you will need a food licence!

Yup I've phoned them and they said thats fine as long as state what ingredients are in them such as nuts etc xx

OMG Andrea, Ive just seen your FB....I would have been totally gutted at that!

To be honest, I would not have redone it....Id have told her to fuck off with a big stick and threw the fookin cake in the bin....ungrateful Cow or what!!! Sorry if that offends anyone but its what most of us are thinking.....you took your time and effort to do it the first time, she didnt state white so whats her problem, I'm absolutely fuming for you!

:hugs:

As above, she didnt specify i would of said sorry but i dont have time to redo it now take it or leave it!!

awww, TJG, i'm inclined to agree with the others, she didn't specify, therefore, she should have shut up and put up! Hope you feel better now though, and both before and after looked absoloutly lovely! I have two to make for birthdays next week and neither have been particularly forth coming in what they would like, one I have just been told sponge, scooby doo for a fourth birthday, whatever I think looks best and the other is for my boss (aaaaaarrrrrrghhhhhh!!) who just wants a Lemon Sponge parcel (my speciality!), whatever I think looks best in lime green and orange(!!!) sooooo not sure about the two colours together, think it would look better with bright pink and yellow, too, but thats what she's asked for so that's what she's getting, I'm just praying it will be ok! I too, would be very upset if no one liked one of my cakes, I think you tend to put everything into it and so it's a personal criticism on ourselves.

Brothers birthday this weekend...making him some Princess and the frog cupcakes with toppers i got awhile ago but thought i'd have a quick go at some very simple frog cupcakes too.

They look like a child has done them LOL but they are cute.Do you think they are ok?

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P5141725.jpg

awww andrea, i wouldnt have re-done it either! i would have just said....'well she doesnt get a cake then...simples!' :rofl: god i would have been utterly gutted....i dont know what i would do if someone said they didnt like a cake?...i would probably do the same as u and burst into tears coz im such a perfectionist :(

i think it looked lovely before, and it didnt need changing the silly moo!!

great thomas cake! very cool!

love the froggy cupcakes too....so sweet!

waiting on 3...i love lime green and orange....they go together well :) i once got asked for lime green n orange, but at the last minute they wanted a car roundabout cake instead! LOL

I'm not going to do noses...the black writing pen is really awkward to get it out.I just showed my brother and he didn't like them :(

I'm not going to do noses...the black writing pen is really awkward to get it out.I just showed my brother and he didn't like them :(

:( thats mean, id tell him he cant eat them if he doesent like them, but thats just mine and my brothers childish way with each other :haha:

:hi: girls, have been a bit rushed off my feet this last week or so, havent had much of a chance to sit down properly let alone bake much, made some cupcakes on Weds night for a friend but thats about it :dohh:

Got to come up with some ideas for cupcakes for a hospitality stand at Silverstone in a couple of weeks :hissy: im not sure what to do, i'll go find the company logo and see if you girls can give me some inspiration

He said he just wants Princess and the frog toppers.I thought i was doing something fun and nice for him and spent money on marshmallows and a box of writing icing today...wouldnt bother me that much but my depressions really bad at the moment :(

Nevermind.

Oh and i forgot to say, i put in an email to Craft Company about a group discount for our referrals from this thread and our customer loyalty. We collectively spend a hell of a lot of money through them so thought it was worth asking the question. What do we have to lose? :)

:hi: xpinkness87x i'm fairly new here too!
nuttymummy, thank you very much for that, i'm just finding it really hard imagining it I think, i've never had to do a cake like she's asked for in such bright colours.
I'll *try* and post a pic of what she's after, please ladies, let me know which way round you think it will look best?!?

Ladies!
I would like some help if poss.
I just made this cake for my god daughter's birthday tomorrow and although it looks ok I had a mare with the fondant covering? How do you get it so you dont see the bit where the icing folds on to itself? Does that make sense? When you ice a round cake I never see the overlap at the side?
Also, how do I stop it showing the two cakes through? I put lots of buttercream in and yet in places you can still see the join?

That is probably goobledegook sorry but any help appreciated :flower:

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 18
I just made some cupcakes... i wont even take a picture of the finished product hahah! Looks like something you would make at nursery. My OH wanted ready made betty whatever her name is icing on it and sprinkles. I just hope they taste better than they look!!

Ok, here goes, my first attempt at posting a pic, have no idea if this will work!

https://img4013.photobox.co.uk/909208335f1f34b4bcf6dc1f872a100312ec3fdaaf855d8206774cb1f17bbd6e1fc02409.jpg

In the hope that this has worked please tell me what you think, would it look better with a lime green base and orange spots and ribbons or orange base with green spots and ribbon?
Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->