Calling all RMA Ladies (1st page updates)

BlueStorm

Twin Mommy
Reaction score
I have run across a few ladies that go to RMA-NJ. I thought it would be nice to start a thread for those of us who go to that clinic. I always wonder when I'm sitting in the waiting room if anyone is hooked on BNB like me :blush:

Here is a little back ground on me:

I am 31 and have been diagnosed with stage III endo after a Lap in November of 2011. My DH is 31 and has very low morphology (below 1%) Before we were diagnosed with these infertility issues we had been ttc for about a year and a half so we are going on two years now.
We have done 2 IUI's both resulting in BFN and are now moving onto IVF in May once my new insurance kicks in. :happydance:

I mainly go to the somerset office but of course also go to Morristown on weekends.

Hope to see some NJ girls on here so we can compare stories and give eachother some support during our journey's :hugs:

RMA Members:

Jchic - RMA Morristown - Lap 5/21 then onto IVF after Lab reopens

Helena_Lynn - 1st appointment in April RMA NJ

Marie 44 - RMA NY - :bfp: It's Twins!

Bluestorm - RMA Somerset - IVF start stims May 21st - ER 5/31

Jerseygirl412 - RMA PA- Allentown - IUI 4/3 & 4/4 - BFN onto IVF

tryinginNJ - RMA West Orange - IUI 4/27 & 4/28 = ?

DaisyQ - RMA NY - IVF May = converted to IUI in TWW

Kins - RMA PA IUI May = cancelled too many mature follicles

Faithful96 - RMA West Orange - IVF # 3 in mid April

ashknowsbest - RMA NY - Manhattan - IUI 5/4 = BFN onto IUI with injectables

Stinas - RMA NJ - Englewood

YAYYYY! RMA girlies :)

Intro: I am Jessica, 30 and my DH is 28. We have been ttc for 8 months with no luck! Just went to RMA as I have heard wonderful things and am hoping to have a little bundle thanks to RMA soon :)

Now what offices is everyone going to?! I am in Morristown!

hi :wave:

I'm Helena, OH and I have been trying for a little over 2 years. I have diagnosed with pcos. I'll be going to the West Orange office. I have my first appointment mid April

SO we got DH's SA back and it seems that his morphology is 2%....his last sample had him way over that so I am alittle upset.....

:hi: Hey girls. Thanks for joining the thread, hopefully we can get some more ladies to join.

Jchic I'm sorry about DH's results, It's hard to get those numbers back :hugs:

Ugh I know....its brutal. I am curious as to why we still have to do IUI with injectables before IVF. I assume ICSI is the way to go though. Thats what you are doing too, right? That solves the problem!

Yes we are doing ICSI - There was no question about it when we went for our IVF consult.

I just called my nurse and left a message - I want to know if the game plan changes at all with that number, ya know?

It's a good idea to ask that question, they may want to re-evaluate the plan for sure.

Hi Ladies! I just found this thread. I am with the RMA in NYC & I'm just excited to see there are people in the vicinity. I've had a good experience with RMA so far, they seem like they know what they are doing. Just waiting for that BFP like everyone else :)

HI Marie! YAY for the RMA ladies! Is this your first IVF?

Blue - Nurse says we are sticking to the IUI with injectables since the count and motility were good, so they arent "overly concerned". Then she said we can move to IVF, but doesnt want to discuss that until after this IUI cycle. We will start the medications for IVF after this IUI cycle coming up and then the IVF. I guess they start you a cycle before on the meds....
I am 7DPO today and have cramps which is normal for me. Just want AF to show so I can move on to this IUI. Discouraged today a bit!
How is everyone?

:hi: Welcome Marie! I'm glad to see you found this thread. We are hoping to find some more RMA ladies to join our little group!

I see you are in your TWW after IVF. You must be going crazy. Is this your first cycle with RMA or have you cycled with them before this IVF?

Jchic- I'm glad they are not too concerned and it is true that if his count and motility are good that makes the picture look much better. My DH's count was high but motility was borderline. Don't that :witch: will be here before you know it and you can start stimming.

Hi ladies!! I'm a former Jersey Girl, now transplanted in PA I go to RMA of PA in Allentown, PA
I'm in my TWW after my first IUI I didn't use Clomid, they chose injectibles for me Gonal F and Ovidrel trigger, DH's counts were very high they told me I should give him a prize. I had HSG everything was good, only thing they found was an underactive thyroid, which I was put on Synthroid for. I'm keeping you ladies in my thoughts and prayers and wish tons and tons of :dust: to you all.

Hi Jersey! YAY for another RMA'er !
I have an underactive thyroid too that they found! I was put on Synthroid a few months ago. How long have you been ttc?

Hi Jchic!! :flower: I have been TTC for a very long time, naturally. I have unexplained secondary infertility. My son is going to be 17 next month. DN has 2 girls from a previous relationship.
OBGYN did HSG everything was good, still nothing. With my age being a major factor ( 38) RE went straight for injectibles, told me I can try one round of IUI then it will be on to IVF if the IUI fails. Which I'm praying it doesn't. I didn't have a problem with the injectibles, I was able to do the shots in my belly and responded very well, my Gonal F pen started at 220 and they asked me to lower the dose to 150, everything seemed to be working rather quickly CD 1 was 3-3 and first IUI was on 3-13 second on 3-14 with BW on 3/17 and had very high progesterone levels. Just keeping positive thoughts and trying to keep my mind off of feeling every little pain or twinge so I don't go nuts...easier said than done though!!

Hi Ladies - West Orange and Morristown RMA girl here. I'm 33 DH is 31, We went through testing in Sept - everything including semen came back normal. Fast forward 6 months later and still not pregnant. I called RMA yesterday to schedule an appointment to start talking about IUI. Hopefully it works!

I am sure the IUI will work and if not, IVF definitely will. I am doing my first cycle of injectables with an IUI this upcoming cycle, then like you, onto IVF. Did the injections hurt? Any side effects? I am a bit nervous about them! I am doing Follistim at 150 I think they wrote down, but I will know more once the cycle starts after day 3.
When do you go in for your beta test?

jchic, you will do fine with the injectibles, they honestly didn't hurt at all, my mom is an RN and she told me to do the injection in the belly not the thigh that it hurts there, so I rotated from one side of the belly to the other I had no side effects from the meds, I have had cramping and sore BB's since the 2nd IUI onn 3/14, don't know if that's just a side effect of the trigger shot. My trigger shot was on 3/12 I had my appointment on 3-13 for the 1st IUI at 9:30 AM DH had his appointment at the lab at 8:00 AM same day, they told me trigger shot 12 hours before my appointment. 2nd IUI DH had to be there at 7:30 AM and my appointment was at 9 AM. This TWW is horrible though, I know they said not to do a HPT because of the trigger meds you can get a false positive, my Beta is scheduled on 3-28.. almost another week I wish you tons and tons of :dust: and a successful IUI cycle.
TryinginNJ lots of :dust: to you as well

Hi ladies. Can I join? I'm actually going to RMA NY (more convenient for us) but live in NJ. GL to us all!

Hi Ladies! I just found this thread. I am with the RMA in NYC & I'm just excited to see there are people in the vicinity. I've had a good experience with RMA so far, they seem like they know what they are doing. Just waiting for that BFP like everyone else :)

Marie! So glad to find another NY RMA goer. :dust:

When do we find out if you have some sticky beans in there??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->